• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Are the people who want Geno just the SMRPG fans or are there people that haven't played the game who want him in?
I actually found Mallow to be a more interesting character. But I’d like to see Geno get in for the fans who’ve been championing for him for the last 10-15 years. I don’t know how likely it is with Nintendo picking now, but it’s not impossible.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, there's no way Geico gets involved.
Well if Geico's off the table, Flo for Smash. The Name Your Price Tool would make for a very interesting playstyle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Hey, here’s some advice: It’s pointless. Team Fake were treated like idiots, insulted and even sent death threats multiple times. It’s only fair that they get to do the same now that they’re right. That’s how the world works. Deal with it.
Ah, so you were lying about your previous death threat posts being poorly executed jokes.

You really are just that messed up.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I actually found Mallow to be a more interesting character. But I’d like to see Geno get in for the fans who’ve been championing for him for the last 10-15 years. I don’t know how likely it is with Nintendo picking now, but it’s not impossible.
Mallow is very slept on. Very cute, very nice character arc.
Geno's just won out. Probs due to being a genuine badass.

Both are great imo.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
It wasn't real. Big deal. Let's move on.
No, it is a big deal. We can’t simply pretend it didn’t happen. Otherwise, nothing will change. History will repeat itself.
The people who believed it SHOULD be shamed and insulted so that they don’t blindly believe anything again.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
I wish all people were joking about "**** Isabelle". I was reading some YouTube comments earlier and a lot of people were saying how Isabelle's reveal was so boring and the worst and, well, they make it seem like it's fact that "Isabelle is boring and not hype" when it's really, like, just their opinion
Well, in my opinion her trailer was pretty boring and didn't really make me excited for the character. It went on for way too long, especially for a semi-clone. Even the trailers for characters I'm not interested in (like K. Rool and Incineroar) were exciting and made me feel as if they were really bringing some new energy to the roster. But I just kept waiting for Isabelle's to be over, and it's probably the most forgettable one yet. Trailers are supposed to generate excitement, but since her trailer was boring, it made me feel like she'd be boring too. They might as well have just announced her on the website, saying something like, "Isabelle's in" and it would've had the same effect on me.

I don't dislike Isabelle btw. But as a non-Animal Crossing player, if they wanted her trailer to convince someone in my position to become interested in her, then her trailer definitely did not succeed in that regard.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I vote we go back to debating the Squenix rep
Tifa and Lara Croft are the only logical Square Enix reps.
Hey, here’s some advice: It’s pointless. Team Fake were treated like idiots, insulted and even sent death threats multiple times. It’s only fair that they get to do the same now that they’re right. That’s how the world works. Deal with it.
:glare:

I have half a mind to report this post, because it's encouraging people to flame others.

Regardless, have you never heard the phrase "do unto others as you would have them do unto you"? Or hell, even "Turn the other cheek".

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Mallow is very slept on. Very cute, very nice character arc.
Geno's just won out. Probs due to being a genuine badass.

Both are great imo.
I mean, when you’re a possessed puppet that can shoot bullets out of your fingers you’re going to win in the “badass” category.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
No, it is a big deal. We can’t simply pretend it didn’t happen. Otherwise, nothing will change. History will repeat itself.
The people who believed it SHOULD be shamed and insulted so that they don’t blindly believe anything again.
No they ****ing shouldn't lol log off and go drink some water before you hyperventilate over this like you did with the Box Theory

LetterO

Smash Lord
I'd replace DK's mouth with the first cannonball noise for me.

But yeah.
The cannonball and the glimpse of Incineroar's eyes were the hypest moments beyond EVERYONE IS HERE for me.
DK's mouth was the moment most people went "Oh **** IT'S K. ROOL". Some thought the villain slideshow was Subspace, and Etika and ZeRo somehow immediately knew it was K. Rool from the screenshaking.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
User was warned for this post; trolling
Ah, so you were lying about your previous death threat posts being poorly executed jokes.

You really are just that messed up.
No, what happened was I used the same bait twice and you still fell for it.
I still do agree that Team Fake has every right in the world to laugh at Team Real.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I wonder what the fans would say if he doesn't get in this game? They'll probably just hope for the next game. But it seems to me like the older he gets, the less likely he gets, unless they have a game in the future with him being in a more prominent role

NineS

Smash Lord
Well, at least we can say we've finally got more western characters in the series now.

3 of them at that. I might do a Squad Strike with this team or something.
This artist is really trying to anthropomorphize Dark Samus.
A bit questionable, but a good artist nonetheless.

...but was the belly button necessary?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Wouldn't Marth be in that category too?
Yes, but there are only 3 spots, since there are only 3 characters on the other side.

I decided to use Corrin for moveset variety.

Roy and Lucas fit best in the category since their games haven't even come to the west yet.

D

Deleted member

Nice Flame War Monger mentality you've got there.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
DK's mouth was the moment most people went "Oh **** IT'S K. ROOL". Some thought the villain slideshow was Subspace, and Etika and ZeRo somehow immediately knew it was K. Rool from the screenshaking.
Screenshaking being K. Rool was also obvious to me
Any K. Rool fan seemed to have realized that was the moment. Like...who else, baby?

Shroob

Sup?
This artist is really trying to anthropomorphize Dark Samus.
A bit questionable, but a good artist nonetheless.

...but was the belly button necessary?
You're worried about a belly button, and not Dark Samus in a cowgirl top and daisy dukes?

LetterO

Smash Lord
Screenshaking being K. Rool was also obvious to me
Any K. Rool fan seemed to have realized that was the moment. Like...who else, baby?
At the moment I was thinking K. Rool too, but what actually validated it and brought on the hype was seeing DK's mouth.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Well, at least we can say we've finally got more western characters in the series now.

3 of them at that. I might do a Squad Strike with this team or something.
Kinda weird because out of the 3, Dark Samus was the only American made one. TEXAS MADE even :yoshi:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Not cool, man, very not cool. Plus, I am sure there are plenty who know better than to get back at others for what they did to them in any situation. Revenge, in any form (unless it is just a harmless prank, maybe) is not a good thing.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
It also completely went against what Sakurai had stressed (there being fewer newcomers) and was blatant fanservice with choices that would be largely be considered obscure to anybody outside the Smash community.

The only thing you guys had going was anecdotal evidence-- VS hard evidence/art analysis and half the insiders in the goddamn industry coming out and saying "yeah no".

It made no logical sense, had everybody worth their salt going against it... and a bunch of people just plugged their ears because it had what they wanted and fell for it hook, line, and sinker.
As I have constantly said, multiple goddamn times, which nobody ever seems to goddamn remember, is that ‘too many characters’ is a meaningless goddamn statement when it was proven meaningless twice before. This was the first time that statement has actually had weight.

Second, you seem to forget that this game was LITERALLY presented as the fan service game. Ridley? K Rool? Everyone back? Almost every stage? The argument of ‘way too popular/way too obscure’ should be long dead by now, and the fact people still try to cite this as a reason for it being fake is laughable. Again, not a real argument, just an opinion.

And as I stated, that art was ALL you had.

‘The word of everyone worth their salt’ means nothing if those people aren’t all right literally 100% of the time. Serebii has been wrong. Liam has been wrong. Emily has been wrong. I will give a damn for what insiders say when you show me one that has literally always been right. (As of now Spawn may be the closest I get to that)

And for ****’s sake. While yes, there were of course a few who believed it because x character was in, there were just as many who looked at all the evidence on each side and came to their own conclusion to believe it. I already had Ridley, I didn’t care at all for the characters in the hoax, but I believed it based on what each side had to offer.

For the last goddamn time, vaanrose vaanrose ’s comments on the background was the only evidence that actually existed, but one questionable thing compared to mountains of circumstantial evidence can swing one way or the other. You’re being childish if you think everyone who backed the hoax did so without merit.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I wonder what the fans would say if he doesn't get in this game? They'll probably just hope for the next game. But it seems to me like the older he gets, the less likely he gets, unless they have a game in the future with him being in a more prominent role
I mean, as an Isaac fan that has to wait again for the next game, it’s all you can do. Just wait and hope.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
As I have constantly said, multiple goddamn times, which nobody ever seems to goddamn remember, is that ‘too many characters’ is a meaningless goddamn statement when it was proven meaningless twice before. This was the first time that statement has actually had weight.

Second, you seem to forget that this game was LITERALLY presented as the fan service game. Ridley? K Rool? Everyone back? Almost every stage? The argument of ‘way too popular/way too obscure’ should be long dead by now, and the fact people still try to cite this as a reason for it being fake is laughable. Again, not a real argument, just an opinion.

‘The word of everyone worth their salt’ means nothing if those people aren’t all right literally 100% of the time. Serebii has been wrong. Liam has been wrong. Emily has been wrong. I will give a damn for what insiders say when you show me one that has literally always been right. (As of now Spawn may be the closest I get to that)

And for ****’s sake. While yes, there were of course a few who believed it because x character was in, there were just as many who looked at all the evidence on each side and came to their own conclusion to believe it. I already had Ridley, I didn’t care at all for the characters in the hoax, but I believed it based on what each side had to offer.

For the last goddamn time, vaanrose vaanrose ’s comments on the background was the only evidence that actually existed, but one questionable thing compared to mountains of circumstantial evidence can swing one way or the other. You’re being childish if you think everyone who backed the hoax did so without merit.
FELLAS
Fellas

It's over

Let's just worry about the DLC for now
Past is in the past

D

Deleted member

As excited as some of the Ultimate reveals have been, nothing tops the holy **** that is this:

clud.png

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Well, in my opinion her trailer was pretty boring and didn't really make me excited for the character. It went on for way too long, especially for a semi-clone. Even the trailers for characters I'm not interested in (like K. Rool and Incineroar) were exciting and made me feel as if they were really bringing some new energy new to the roster. But I just kept waiting for Isabelle's to be over, and it's probably the most forgettable one yet. Trailers are supposed to generate excitement, but since her trailer was boring, it made me feel like she'd be boring too.
I was more excited about her and her reveal trailer than any other character. And even if she's a semi-clone, she's still a unique fighter, which allows her to have a long trailer than echoes. To me her trailer was very exciting, just in a more tame way. I know that's probably an oxymoron, but it's true. Not every reveal has to be big and in your face and full of energy to be exciting.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
And people like you should be ashamed in how you behave, thinking this **** is perfectly acceptable to do.

Shroob

Sup?

Even though I'm staying out of this for the most part:

Sakurai told us THRICE that the newcomer amount wasn't going to be THAT many, and he was right.

"But they showed us 5 in August!"......3 of which being Echo fighters, and even still then, he used wording to make it sound like "Okay fam, there REALLY isn't a lot left!"

I know Sakurai has played with our expectations in the past, but the man said the same thing thrice. There was zero reason to believe that there was going to be this NEWCOMER BLOWOUT in the last Direct, in my opinion at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom