• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
In before Mushroom Kingdom Hearts is real. It is it's own Kingdom Hearts spin-off with no connections to mainline Kingdom Hearts and there's a new hero that isn't Sora.

And they're the Square Rep.

Also they have a Geno emblem on their keyblade.
I think you mean: "A Geno Head as the Keyblade's Keychain."

?????????????

Smash Master
Hi everyone! It's been a super long time since I've posted, but I've been working on a new series of Super Smash Bros. videos. I just published the first one, so I wanted to share it here! I'm planning on making many more, so I hope you'll check it out!

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
hol up fellow figments of imagination i got this

ahem

owo daddy pwease wake up we misswed youw vewy vewy much uguu.... notices bulge uwu? whatws this? do men havwe buwges in theiw pants? i wanna touch it daddy... pwease wake up
992847B6-4783-4FB5-AF09-C44491210C63.gif

Could you not?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Oh god.

Dark Pit.

I got called such an idiot for saying he was 100 percent confirmed to be in Smash Bros after Palutena's trailer.

''But they didn't show a screen smash!"

People legitimiately did not know the meaning of a ''cliffhanger."

Troykv

Smash Master
How high do you think this thread's page count is going to be at release date?

D

Deleted member

I wish I was here for the Smash 4 days, it sounds ridiculous.
I wonder how ESRB leak was handled here... I remember a lot of folks were talking about the Grinch leak as if it was the second ESRB leak saying "don't doubt it again, it's probably real, don't repeat history" so I guess people thought the ESRBleak was fake?

D

Deleted member

excuwse me??? why are all of youw hating on me???? this boawd is so anti-fuwwy.... maybe ill run away x333!!!

somebody please save me. i am locked in reggies basement and have been kept here for weeks on end. he dresses up in fursuits and touches me. he keeps me without food or water for days. please, i beg you send help. oh god hes coming back hopefully he wont notice the small text on his post

D

Deleted member

I wonder how ESRB leak was handled here... I remember a lot of folks were talking about the Grinch leak as if it was the second ESRB leak saying "don't doubt it again, it's probably real, don't repeat history" so I guess people thought the ESRBleak was fake?
There was a thread where people went in circles and Shulk was a photoshopped Little Mac. Then the videos dropped, and Shulk was still a photoshopped Little Mac.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Man this thread moves way too fast to keep up with sometimes!

So what's the topic now? Sm4sh speculation? Man, that was a mess...

I didn't speculate for Brawl - I just got the daily updayes on the DOJO. Sm4sh was the first one I started getting into speculation, and I was hard on the K.Rool and Ridley trains. That and getting Mewtwo back, bringing Squirtle and Ivysaur back, and seeing some Zelda side characters like Midna.

...There's a reason I was very disenchanted by Sm4sh...

I'm much happier with the newcomer roster now. Sm4sh's newcomer set was not up my alley at all - the best among them were merely okay in my eyes, and I'd played basically none of their games. Now, the worst of the newcomers we're getting is meh at best, and I haven't been this hyped for a Smash newcomer since the Pokémon Trainer (who's also coming back!).

Still hoping that I get some great characters in DLC, but I'm really at the point where there are only two characters I want to see in Smash more than anyone else. Otherwise, I'm stoked for the game to come out!

D

Deleted member

You think we'll grow 941 pages in three weeks?
It'll grow 941 pages an hour after the game comes out considering how goddamn fast this thread moves whenever there's a sliver of meaningful information

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
He was an unworthy relic with no potential. Only recent thing about him people would note was Ghostly Adventures. His importance and star power was all in the past and forgotten about for people here.

You could go back to before his reveal and just find pages of comments with heaps of likes about how he shouldn't get in, people don't want him, etc.
Sounds a lot like how gamefaqs was at the time as well. Before his reveal how iconic he was heavily downplayed and a lot argued he could only ever get in being based around games that were more current for whatever reason. It was a silly time honestly and kind of shows how some portions of the fanbase can get stuck in their own little bubbles sometimes

D

Deleted member

It'll grow 941 pages an hour after the game comes out considering how goddamn fast this thread moves whenever there's a sliver of meaningful information
I like how you call the game coming out a ‘sliver of meaningful information’.

MainJPW

M.T.A

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Don't worry about it. It's been really hectic on my side too, so I haven't been here much either. Nor that I'm that encouraged to be. To be honest, not the forum I expected. To be completely frank, one of the worst forums I've been to. Though Goemon fans deserve the support.

So, onto answering.
Nintendo characters? not sure, something they want to promote heavily. To know that we'll need to look for modern games that either brings a lot of money or they've spent a lot on it, and honestly nothing come to mind, since all their IPs are well represented in Smash. Except maybe Granblue/Katalina. They'll have to announce the DLC choices soon if they're expecting sales, I for one am not eager to pay for something I don't know. Now unless our fellow Smashers jump on that $5 save early, all will be good. Do you have any expectations?
Of course. I think each DLC charcater will add spirits from his/her/its world. Well, unless that charcater comes from a world shared by an already existing charcater.
I'm really not into Bethesda games (unlike many whom I know), so in all honesty I wish they'd stay away from Smash (cartoonish, remeber). Though since Smash is somewhat a mess right now, maybe they'd be selected (we know there were talks, yet we know nothing of came out it). Personally I don't think they're there yet, they didn't contribute much, nothing to promote.. chances are low I think.. or wish XD
Songs/music. At first I thought 5 pieces, but that would be too little. I'm guessing an average of 8-12 maybe. It all depends on the music team. If they like the series we could get as much as Castlevania (34).. Sugiyama, maybe 1 XD
Ah it seems we've both been busy lately. And sorry you feel that way buddy, I know the discussion mill has been a bit slow since we don't have much to speculate until the 1st DLC arrives. Agree Goemon does deserve the support, I really hope he will get his chance in the next Smash Bros. I decided to support FF15 one of my favorite games despite my sadness its coming to an end and I may never know what the Omen trailer meant. I had hoped the DLC would tie the holes in the story together, but at least Im getting episode Ardyn.

I think Nintendo could possibly push for a Dragalia Lost character as that is the mobile game that has been around longer. I still see them pushing for a FE Three Houses rep, but we will see. As for any other characters maybe Banda Dee due to popularity, other than that I don't see any characters being pushed. I really doubt we will get a Arms rep now that Spring Man is an assist. As for Xeno unless its Elma, I don't see us getting anymore characters from Xenoblade. As for who I expect Nintendo to put in for the DLC that would be Edelgard and maybe Bandana Dee (not really sure on the second).

I don't see Nintendo adding the Dhovakin to Smash Bros, as interesting as he would be. The music of Skyrim and Elder Scrolls as beautiful as it is, does not fit with Smash Bros. Neither does Dhovakin fit with Smash Bros, also Bethesda might not want to push Dhovakin. As they are making a new Elder Scrolls, so if Bethesda got a rep maybe Vault Boy (I don't see Doom guy working at all). If Im wrong about this I'd love to see how they would blend the amazing orchestral music of Elder Scrolls, with the less seriousness of Smash Bros. If you have seen any of Riftley's Youtube content he has proven Elder Scrolls music can be mixed in with other types of music, so its possible.

I don't know if a Square Enix rep will get 5 pieces of music as amazing as that is. Id say for Square rep 2-3 songs, if its DQ character I agree only 1 song due to Sugiyama's influence in that decision. For all of the other characters that are third party I could see 4-5 pieces of music. Anything more, then those companies would be really generous. As for Nintendo characters I could see them getting 4-6 pieces of music with their inclusion.

Heres a blend from Riftley of Skyrim's theme being blended with Assassin's Creed Black Flag.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Ah it seems we've both been busy lately. And sorry you feel that way buddy, I know the discussion mill has been a bit slow since we don't have much to speculate until the 1st DLC arrives. Agree Goemon does deserve the support, I really hope he will get his chance in the next Smash Bros. I decided to support FF15 one of my favorite games despite my sadness its coming to an end and I may never know what the Omen trailer meant. I had hoped the DLC would tie the holes in the story together, but at least Im getting episode Ardyn.

I think Nintendo could possibly push for a Dragalia Lost character as that is the mobile game that has been around longer. I still see them pushing for a FE Three Houses rep, but we will see. As for any other characters maybe Banda Dee due to popularity, other than that I don't see any characters being pushed. I really doubt we will get a Arms rep now that Spring Man is an assist. As for Xeno unless its Elma, I don't see us getting anymore characters from Xenoblade. As for who I expect Nintendo to put in for the DLC that would be Edelgard and maybe Bandana Dee (not really sure on the second).

I don't see Nintendo adding the Dhovakin to Smash Bros, as interesting as he would be. The music of Skyrim and Elder Scrolls as beautiful as it is, does not fit with Smash Bros. Neither does Dhovakin fit with Smash Bros, also Bethesda might not want to push Dhovakin. As they are making a new Elder Scrolls, so if Bethesda got a rep maybe Vault Boy (I don't see Doom guy working at all). If Im wrong about this I'd love to see how they would blend the amazing orchestral music of Elder Scrolls, with the less seriousness of Smash Bros. If you have seen any of Riftley's Youtube content he has proven Elder Scrolls music can be mixed in with other types of music, so its possible.

I don't know if a Square Enix rep will get 5 pieces of music as amazing as that is. Id say for Square rep 2-3 songs, if its DQ character I agree only 1 song due to Sugiyama's influence in that decision. For all of the other characters that are third party I could see 4-5 pieces of music. Anything more, then those companies would be really generous. As for Nintendo characters I could see them getting 4-6 pieces of music with their inclusion.

Heres a blend from Riftley of Skyrim's theme being blended with Assassin's Creed Black Flag.

Day isn't complete without the daily "A.G.L. and Goegoe having calming debates"

Music not fitting is BS imo I don't think that's a reasonable excuse. You're telling me every character in Smash with music fits with Smash? Animal Crossing music didn't fit. But they MADE it fit.

Dovahkiin fits with Smash Bros like Snake and Simon and Bayonetta do. Don't think "not fitting in" is a relevant argument as well.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
You think we'll grow 941 pages in three weeks?
Oh whoops, I misread.
I thought what was said was "how long do you think general thread will survive post launch." At that point crashboards will strike and we'll move onto a new general thread.

Last edited:

Ragel

Smash Apprentice
I remember everyone not exactly believing it was fake, but wanting to believe. The popular known "Shulk is Little Mac" kind of behaviour trying anything and everything to debunk it all. There was far better evidence than the grinch leak had so it was a lot harder to pick straws at. It felt pretty real, we were just underwhelmed by the clones, especially dark pit, and I remember people not liking Bowser Jr.. Not so much hating him, just not liking how he was portrayed via his vehicle. Duck Hunt was basically only "WOW" factor after the confirmation of the leak hit.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
He was an unworthy relic with no potential. Only recent thing about him people would note was Ghostly Adventures. His importance and star power was all in the past and forgotten about for people here.

You could go back to before his reveal and just find pages of comments with heaps of likes about how he shouldn't get in, people don't want him, etc.
Those arguments were stupid even back then.

PAC-MAN may be old, but saying that he's 'unworthy' is asinine.
Okay, I need to see the specific post where the trailer was posted to see the reaction, please.
If you're interested in how the Social, Miiverse, and Ridley threads reacted, here's those:

https://smashboards.com/threads/smash-4-social-topic-2-0.347937/page-751

https://smashboards.com/threads/miiverse-daily-pic-thread-2nd-edition-updated-9-19.348234/page-532

https://smashboards.com/threads/the-ridley-for-ssb4-thread-end-of-an-era.324284/page-835

I didn't lurk the General Discussion thread. So I don't have that one.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Oh god.

Dark Pit.

I got called such an idiot for saying he was 100 percent confirmed to be in Smash Bros after Palutena's trailer.

''But they didn't show a screen smash!"

People legitimiately did not know the meaning of a ''cliffhanger."
To be completely fair did we generally have characters show up before their actual like that too much? Like if they showed up and weren't shown in a playable role they were generally considered to be out tmk

D

Deleted member

I’m more interested in looking back at brawl speculation. It’s been, what, a decade? Smash 4 times were pretty turbulent too though. Ridley’s shadow comes to mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Except for all the people in this thread who have expressed complaints, but yeah, let's ignore them.
Who? Please point out more than five people. Everyone seems to think the game is great.
Keep in mind, I’m not complaining either. I just find it funny how quickly this forum changes their mind on things. Again, hypocrites.

D

Deleted member

If Gen 1 isn’t your favorite then that’s onviously fine. I myself like Gen 3 the best. But that isn’t the point.

Let’s Go isn’t for the hardcore specifically. This is quite obviously an attempt to get the Pokémon Go crowd back into the mainstream games, and it’s imo a great idea. Not only is Gen 1 the most marketable/recognizable, but it capitalizes on what got players to come back in the first place.

I’m currently on the Celadon Gym, and i’m having lots of fun. I miss certain things from the mainstream games and would never want the Let’s Go model to replace it, but i’m enjoying it for what it is: a visualized version of the hardcore games.

I also just want Meltan. Well, and Melmetal too. Boy, am I in for some torture.
I have not progressed through the game that much, because I am trying to get a shiny Bellsprout. :p
Let's Go is honestly a great game even if it is not for the hardcore fans. :p
I’m more interested in looking back at brawl speculation. Smash 4 times were pretty turbulent too though. Ridley’s shadow comes to mind.
Ultimate Speculation seems different. More quick and moments that pop. Smash 4 speculation was some heavy waiting and then a lot of hype, and it all went to a bang when the leaker leaked all of the characters. The Ridley shadow thing I am sure got everyone mad. I was never really there in Smash 4 Speculation.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I wish I was here for the Smash 4 days, it sounds ridiculous.
I was here before Brawl and things were pretty nuts. A bit more unhinged if I recall. I wasn’t super involved in discussion but things were a bit more like the Wild West. And everyone thought it would be Melee 2.0. **** started getting heated when that was obviously not the case.

Smash 4 had such a long period upon its initial off-the-cuff announcement and subsequent release like 3 years later. I felt that cuts were one of the biggest discussions along with character inclusions.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I’m more interested in looking back at brawl speculation. It’s been, what, a decade? Smash 4 times were pretty turbulent too though. Ridley’s shadow comes to mind.
Yeah I'd love to see the reactions to Snake and Sonic - Snake in particular

D

Deleted member

Who? Please point out more than five people. Everyone seems to think the game is great.
Keep in mind, I’m not complaining either. I just find it funny how quickly this forum changes their mind on things. Again, hypocrites.
I think I'm done talking to you.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I'm confused lol gotta ask do you think Pac-Man and Mii's shouldn't be in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom