• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Why is it that every time we talk about Golden Sun, we discover or discuss a ridiculous theory that goes nowhere?

Untouch

Smash Master
Nintendo operates on a strict content rollout schedule, nothing was cut from any direct, doing so would mess up months of planned releases.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
In my opinion, if you want to design a "cute but secretly scary" creature, you have to do a lot more than just give it some fangs and angry eyebrows.
You've got to really PUSH the weirdness, make the face change completely!

View attachment 178476

sorry this is really off topic, but I love talking about monster design and will grab at any chance I get to do so haha
What´s wrong with me? Why do I find the last picture to be the cutest?

Heard someone say Hitagi said that the character isn't from Zelda, FE, or Xenoblade. I haven't seen that comment myself, but if it's true, that rules out nearly every reasonable character I'd expect. Unless Masked Man, Magnus, and Galacta Knight are more important to Nintendo than I thought they were.

Wouldn't put much stock in what he says anyway. He's spitting out characters left and right while Verge isn't saying anything else new besides a SE rep and Minecraft content.
Verge likes to see us squirm.

People can get as salty as they want with another Mario/Pokemon rep, but should it really suprise them if that's who we get? Nintendo urging Sakurai to make Pokemon #11 to promote Gen VIII makes more sense than them suddenly showing concerns about fair and equal representation between franchises.
Dont forget Fire Emblem in this equation. I would love a new char from any of these three franchises.

I mean for me the problem is they’re essentially letting you preemptively pay for things they haven’t even shown off yet. You don’t know what you’re actually paying for, just that it’s something, and the fact that you get bonus content for buying the pass is just encouraging it I feel. It’s essentially the same problem I have with pre-ordeing and preorder bonuses.
Yeah, but they are new characters and some of us will buy the DLC regardless of the contents to have the full game. I know I will. I will even get the amiibos.

There are worse ways I agree, but I wouldn’t say change thats they’re announcing it before the game is even out, essentially telling whoever’s watching that they’ve already got DLC planned out, which kind of leads into the whole DLC debate. I’d agree that it’s not the worst thing in the world, but it does bug me a bit, if you get me. I appreciate that Sakurai was very honest about it though. That’s nice.
Its a shame but I dont expect in this age for any mainline fighting game to not have DLC. And being fair to Smash Ultimate, we are getting so much already that I dont feel like I am being cheated by Nintendo.

You know damn well that no matter which comic character got in, people would just ask for Goku more.

Piranha plant
People love Goku over here but I dont know if people want him in Smash. Weird…...

Honestly?
I think the only reason Isaac was an assist again is because they didn't have enough time to incorporate him as playable.
He at least is back in action. Maybe he can join next smash.

D

Deleted member

Nintendo is picking the DLC, Sakurai picked the base roster. It could be entirely different.
Nintendo chose DLC fighters out of a wide selection and Sakurai chose which fighters would fit best, then made the plan.

We really need to stop thinking that Sakurai never had a hand in handling post-launch content for this game, especially when it's said by the man himself.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
You know, one character everyone forgets is Maxwell from Scribblenauts. Imagine his moveset; random ranged weapons from a bow to an oil barrel launcher, a really cool artistic style, tons of cool alts, a possible stage, and there’s definitely Nintendo history there, too, as Scribblenauts began on DS. Wouldn’t he be awesome DLC?

Untouch

Smash Master
Just asking for curiousity: Do you think DLC newcomer speculation will become an exciting or boring time in the coming months?

Just wanna see how people generally feel right now.
I have a feeling it's all going to be datamined day 1.

D

Deleted member

Just asking for curiousity: Do you think DLC newcomer speculation will become an exciting or boring time in the coming months?

The thing is that we're now less than 20 days away from release, and we don't know if we're gonna get any post-content a la Smash For's stage updates or such.

We're kinda left to either hoping for characters that aren't out of the running like Banjo-Kazooie and Geno or keep hearing from Vergeben and Hitagi the same old same old. Pick your poison.

I think everyone just wants the game to come out and see what we got.

osby

Smash Obsessed

I want to play the thing and experience the Adventure Mode before anything else. Much more fun than trying to explain people why their fave isn't a lock.

D

Deleted member

I want to play the thing and experience the Adventure Mode before anything else. Much more fun than trying to explain people why their fave isn't a lock.
Watch out for Prosafia.
That dude doesn’t fear to ruin the fun of others.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
People do want Goku in
But Zoe is better/s
Wait?! Are you from Mexico too?

At least between all my friends (20) and family members between my age and younger (14), I havent gotten a single request for Goku in smash. Many of the play Dragon Ball Dokkan Battle and still buy merchandise from Dragon Ball (and watch the new series and movies). I have a couple of people who would love to see Batman and one for Spiderman though.

D

Deleted member

Bored. When is this month (I loved Thanksgiving but ugh...) over with?
it's the 18th so we still got a ways to go
I'm not getting the game until CHRISTMAS tho so y'all can shut up about waiting
(I'm Joking)
(Not about the Christmas part tho :()

D

Deleted member

Eh, I'm pretty chill about the DLC. Most of what I wanted for it got deconfirmed anyway, so I'm fine to wait however long it takes and probably won't take part in too much speculation about it.

I'm just excited to have the game in my hands so I can lab Inklings, Isabelle, K. Rool, and Wario.

D

Deleted member

Anything could happen, but yeah I ahave a feeling it’s all gonna get datamined.

D

Deleted member

Any specifics on the reasoning ToasterBrains and Tougon?
I’d rather play the game than sit around and pointlessly discuss what could potentially end up in it leading to inevitable disappointment for some. Speculation is a waste of time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord

I probably won't focus on speculate about dlc especially since it's going to be a long time before they are shown so it might be boring.

I'll probably be too busy playing the game to think about speculation that much.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Any specifics on the reasoning ToasterBrains and Tougon?
I'm thinking it'll either get announced all at once, datamined, or some other thing. Plus, the game will be out before any of the DLC characters (obviously) and instead of speculating about what characters people will complain about, I'll probably just be playing the game

D

Deleted member

Honestly part of the reason I want Zoe in so much is so the general public doesn't forget her outright. :(
I mean you guys will never forget how much I annoyed you with her but I just want her to be remembered by everyone :cry:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Honestly part of the reason I want Zoe in so much is so the general public doesn't forget her outright. :(
I mean you guys will never forget how much I annoyed you with her but I just want her to be remembered by everyone :cry:
Honestly I totally forget about the character every time I look away from SmashBoards.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Speculation has always just been a way to pass the time until release, and nothing more. It's entirely pointless post-launch.
I mean, if a character NEEDS to be in Smash to be remembered, especially a non-video game character, it's already not a good sign for them.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
"would you like a sandwhich?"
"Sure whats in it?"
"Thats classified"
You jest but then you remember KFC is a worldwide successful chain based on the concept of '11 secret herbs and spices" for their chicken that they'll never reveal.

So really people do be gambling with Fried Chicken.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom