• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

“**** you Sakurai! Batman and Wolverine deserved to get in before the characters that even made their respective companies what they are today! Give me Batman for the 9000th time and a character that Stan Lee did not even create!”-Probably some people if Superman and the Fantastic Four get in.

Last edited by a moderator:

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
If the game was delayed long enough for another character to be added, who do you think it would have been realistically?

D

Deleted member

“**** you Sakurai! Batman and Wolverine deserved to get in before the characters that even made their respective companies what they are today! Give me Batman for the 9000th time and a character that Stan Lee did not even create!”
You know damn well that no matter which comic character got in, people would just ask for Goku more.

If the game was delayed long enough for another character to be added, who do you think it would have been realistically?
Piranha plant

D

Deleted member

Honestly?
I think the only reason Isaac was an assist again is because they didn't have enough time to incorporate him as playable.

D

Deleted member

You aren't the first person to say that and honestly I think it is entirely plausible due to the complexity of his Psynergy moves.
Yeah!
Also, I was looking at your signature, and it's nice to see that not EVERYONE has forgotten about Vaati! He's my most wanted Zelda rep for sure. :3

D

Deleted member

Do you really think Nintendo would have picked him as a fighter lol.
Yeah, I've heard he uses earthquake attacks. If he almost could've made it into the game, he would've been the first DLC, but it's still a bit sensitive to announce a character with those abilities atm imo.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I've heard he uses earthquake attacks. If he almost could've made it into the game, he would've been the first DLC, but it's still a bit sensitive to announce a character with those abilities atm imo.
Do you really think Nintendo would have picked him as a fighter lol.
See Pirahna Plant. That was almost certainly a Sakurai pick. He could have just finished him after the game was done.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Unlikely since the direct itself have NOTHING to do with smash other than the new AC game.

D

Deleted member

Probably :ultpiranha:.

One of the reasons he's being used as a promotional offer is probably because there wasn't enough time to make him base roster. Well, that's what I think, at least. :p

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
There is a rumour that infact what was cut from the Direct was a remake of the original Golden Sun as 2 weeks prior to the original Direct date the Golden Sun trademark was renewed which correlates with how the Golden Sun trademark was renewed 2 weeks before Dark Dawn's announcement at E3 2009. It would make sense to cut it as the opening of Golden Sun features a natural disaster where people die and parts of a village are destroyed.

D

Deleted member

There is a rumour that infact what was cut from the Direct was a remake of the original Golden Sun as 2 weeks prior to the original Direct date the Golden Sun trademark was renewed which correlates with how the Golden Sun trademark was renewed 2 weeks before Dark Dawn's announcement at E3 2009. It would make sense to cut it as the opening of Golden Sun features a natural disaster where people die and parts of a village are destroyed.
Oh. Dang, that kinda sucks for Golden Sun fans.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
We really need to stop with these Golden Sun/September Direct theories.

The Golden Sun trademark renewal was likely a coincidence and nothing more. The earthquake didn't hold back Issac, and there probably wasn't any Golden Sun announcements intended to be shown off that day. Any changes that had to be made to the Direct likely had to do with the dates for content being released in the following weeks (Splatoon 2 update, online, etc.) rather than cutting out actual reveals for new games.

I get that Isabelle wasn't for everyone, but I feel like we're digging for something that doesn't exist.

Last edited:

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
We really need to stop with these Golden Sun/September Direct theories.

The Golden Sun trademark renewal was likely a coincidence and nothing more. The earthquake didn't hold back Issac, and there probably wasn't any Golden Sun announcements intended to be shown off that day. Any changes that had to be made to the Direct likely had to do with the dates for content being released in the following weeks (Splatoon 2 update, online, etc.) rather than cutting out actual reveals for new games.

I get that Isabelle wasn't for everyone, but I feel like we're digging for something that doesn't exist.
Yea I understand what you are saying, but there really is no way to prove or disprove it.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
I only ever played dark dawn, are the other ones good?
Dark Dawn is considered to be the weakest of the 3 so yea I would definitley reccomend the others!
I dunno. Never played!
Also why does everyone (except WaddleMatt WaddleMatt ) forget about my most-wanted Zelda rep?
You should really play them they are great. Also yea why does everyone forget poor Vaati ;(
You could break into Camelot headquarters and hold the CEO at gunpoint asking if the game exists.
Don't give people ideas... I mean I wouldn't I'm too nice :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Bro at this point it was more likely that it was delayed because a unicorn flew into Nintendo's headquarters and speared Reggie through with its horn so Nintendo needed to build an android Reggie to get things back on track

It was delayed so Nintendo can pay respect to the people who were harmed. NOBODY in Japan was in the mood for video game announcements, they take natural disasters bery seriously

D

Deleted member

What was cut was the City Skylines natural disaster themed DLC. Stop this.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Bro at this point it was more likely that it was delayed because a unicorn flew into Nintendo's headquarters and speared Reggie through with its horn so Nintendo needed to build an android Reggie to get things back on track

It was delayed so Nintendo can pay respect to the people who were harmed. NOBODY in Japan was in the mood for video game announcements, they take natural disasters bery seriously
You are probably right, I was just throwing it out there as a possibility.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
>rumor of Golden Sun remake being cut from the direct

****ing what? Since ever when there was such rumor?

D

Deleted member

Could someone link me to a Vaati support thread I need to give him some love XD
Its pretty new. Anyway let's move on from this now....

If you had to declone one echo which one would it be?
Ken

D

Deleted member

How could they have possibly cut a Golden Sun remake announcement that shows the beginning of the game if the time difference between the original and revised programs was negligible?

D

Deleted member

How could they have possibly cut a Golden Sun remake announcement that shows the beginning of the game if the time difference between the original and revised programs was negligible?
Announce the golden sun game via subliminal messaging throughout the direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom