• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I'd love to have my boy Lloyd Irving in Smash, frankly. We need a Tales representative, maybe I'm biased since it's my favorite franchise.. but, still.
Hey, I'd love Lloyd to make it in too! The Tales games are great. :)
In my opinion, if you want to design a "cute but secretly scary" creature, you have to do a lot more than just give it some fangs and angry eyebrows.
You've got to really PUSH the weirdness, make the face change completely!

View attachment 178476

sorry this is really off topic, but I love talking about monster design and will grab at any chance I get to do so haha
I don't like that at all. That's horrible. :(

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
So what is everyone guessing for that 'first party sword user'? I have no idea personally it could be anyone from Fire Emblem, Golden Sun maybe even Dragalia Lost. Whoever it is I bet people will be angry when they are first revealed. That's if Hitagi isn't lying.

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I updated my Smash Ultimate team, from favorite to least favorite
Screenshot_20181118-090316_Chrome.jpg

D

Deleted member

Sigma?

Grumpy and angry Buzz Lightyear.
That-That actually really fits Sigma...
So what is everyone guessing for that 'first party sword user'? I have no idea personally it could be anyone from Fire Emblem, Golden Sun maybe even Dragalia Lost. Whoever it is I bet people will be angry when they are first revealed. That's if Hitagi isn't lying.
Well it won't be Golden Sun (RIP Isaac), so my money's on either Fire Emblem with Eldeguard or Xenoblade with Elma.

And yes, there will be salt.

D

Deleted member

It is a reference to the reactions about the character being playable in MvC Infinite.

A lot of comments on Youtube called him Buzz Lightyear and didn’t know who he was.
I’m aware. Those youtube comments also felt like a personal attack on me.

Last edited by a moderator:

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717

Well it won't be Golden Sun (RIP Isaac), so my money's on either Fire Emblem with Eldeguard or Xenoblade with Elma.

Forgot about Elma, the lack of X music is bizarre however Monolith seems like they don't really care about X that much considering they don't want to port it to the Switch.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427

Salt on the same level as Isabelle's reveal, perhaps?

Chumpodile

Smash Journeyman
ok, after this I'm done posting scary cat thing!

final weird form, spoilered for people who don't want to see something mildly upsetting

cute4.png

To me, the scariest stuff is the stuff thats not recognizable as really anything. Spikes and teeth, you know what they're going to do to you. You're gonna get bit and scratched. Weird confusing things like this are scary because you have no idea what its going to do to you. At least to me!

I'll stop talking about monster design now!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If they're anime and have a sword, the Smash community will tear that character to pieces. Hell, even if it's someone like Sora, most of the community will still be enraged.

D

Deleted member

final weird form, spoilered for people who don't want to see something mildly upsetting

To me, the scariest stuff is the stuff thats not recognizable as really anything. Spikes and teeth, you know what they're going to do to you. You're gonna get bit and scratched. Weird confusing things like this are scary because you have no idea what its going to do to you. At least to me!
Honestly looks better than some movie monsters I’ve seen. Great job!
Is it bad that it reminds me of something that I once saw in a hentai though?

osby

Smash Obsessed
If they're anime and have a sword, the Smash community will tear that character to pieces. Hell, even if it's someone like Sora, most of the community will still be enraged.
I would be more understanding, if Fire Emblem or Xenoblade were really animes.

D

Deleted member

I'll stop talking about monster design now!
It reminds me of a SMT boss i saw once.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Forgot about Elma, the lack of X music is bizarre however Monolith seems like they don't really care about X that much considering they don't want to port it to the Switch.
Heard someone say Hitagi said that the character isn't from Zelda, FE, or Xenoblade. I haven't seen that comment myself, but if it's true, that rules out nearly every reasonable character I'd expect. Unless Masked Man, Magnus, and Galacta Knight are more important to Nintendo than I thought they were.

Wouldn't put much stock in what he says anyway. He's spitting out characters left and right while Verge isn't saying anything else new besides a SE rep and Minecraft content.

Last edited:

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Heard someone say the Hitagi said that the character isn't from Zelda, FE, or Xenoblade. I haven't seen that comment myself, but if it's true, that rules out nearly every reasonable character I'd expect. Unless Masked Man, Magnus, and Galacta Knight are more important to Nintendo than I thought they were.

Wouldn't put much stock in what he says anyway. He's spitting out characters left and right while Verge isn't saying anything else new besides a SE rep and Minecraft content.
Yea I don't feel I can trust him. Also Galacta Knight uses a lance not a sword.

D

Deleted member

Anyone else see how Meta Knights new final smash gives him 4 wings? Cool.
Huh, it does. I didnt notice until you pointed it out. Its cool, makes him look a bit like a butterfly, which I suppose fits considering Morpho knight.

D

Deleted member

Why would Nintendo ever pick Saki though?
Here’s my reasoning for thinking it could be saki.

Now that I think about it, if Hitagi is legit(which I’m doubting anyway but whatever) then the first party swordsman could be Saki. I doubt it’s a Dragalia lost character cause a)probably too new and b) Nintendo seems to want avoid crossing Dragalia Lost over with first-party Nintendo ips.
Back to Saki though
-obscurity would explain why Hitagu doesn’t know him
-has been an assist for the past two games and was pretty interactive but has been cut for some reason
-has been added as a mii costume oddly enough despite his AT being cut
-Sakurai took inspiration from Sin and Punishment for KI:U so he’s clearly familiar with the series
-if Nintendo choosing the DLC means that they gave Sakurai a list of potential characters he could use, Saki could be on that list because the list is bigger than we think or Nintendo has plans for Sin and Punishment
Granted, there is Hitagi saying spirits won’t be DLC, but it’s possible he didn’t know saki was a spirit, and it’s unclear if it’s merely his opinion or not (if the latter, who would he know that?)
IDK man, I’m just spitballing, trying to incite discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom