• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Annnnd crud...

Zelda needs an adaption pronto, I don't even care if Illumination of all studios make it, just give Zelda a proper adaption
I feel like a Zelda adaptation would go disastrously no matter how you did it. I just can’t see it as the type of series that an be adapted to non-interactive media.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Annnnd of course it's not Zelda...

Zelda needs an adaption pronto, I don't even care if Illumination of all studios make it, just give Zelda a proper adaption
define "proper adaptation" when there a bunch of different styles

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
define "proper adaptation" when there a bunch of different styles
I have a couple to be honest with you...

An anime series would be fun...
But a semi serious animated movie by someone like Disney or Dreamworks could work pretty well too...

Not too sure on live action though...
I feel like a Zelda adaptation would go disastrously no matter how you did it. I just can’t see it as the type of series that an be adapted to non-interactive media.
I mean, If Nintendo is closely involved, it could at least be decent... Movies like WALL-E prove that you can still make a really great movie with a silent protagonist...

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
It's because Disney is working on it.
D1F47BC3-777D-4A89-92D4-D0EE976F1849.png

Oh don’t worry, I see what you’re up to.

Y’all were talking about how Sora was unlikely because Nintendo needed to do some trade in something with Disney since that’s how they apparently do business.

And seeing how Nintendo is apparently allowing Disney to take this Zelda Netflix project in charge it would make it look like Nintendo could’ve been able to get Sora in Smash all along.

But you didn’t hype me up this time.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I have a couple to be honest with you...

An anime series would be fun...
But a semi serious animated movie by someone like Disney or Dreamworks could work pretty well too...

Not too sure on live action though...

I mean, If Nintendo is closely involved, it could at least be decent... Movies like WALL-E prove that you can still make a really great movie with a silent protagonist...
Why does it always have to be anime specifically? Do reading the subtitles make people go off their rocks?

Splotim

Smash Apprentice
Kind of off topic, but does anyone know how common the demo is in Best Buy’s? I’m thinking of checking out my local one tomorrow.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Why does it always have to be anime specifically? Do reading the subtitles make people go off their rocks?
Let's just say I really can't trust many of the western television animation studios to nail Zelda.
That being said I'd probably ironically enjoy a Nickelodeon Zelda cartoon for all the wrong reasons

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Let's just say I really can't trust many of the western television animation studios to nail Zelda.
That being said I'd probably ironically enjoy a Nickelodeon Zelda cartoon for all the wrong reasons
Depends on what studio you're talking about, because there are plenty of western shows drawn by eastern studios.
One of my favorite examples is Black Dynamite.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Who lives in a treehouse not under the sea? SPONGE LINK NO PANTS!

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Depends on what studio you're talking about, because there are plenty of western shows drawn by eastern studios.
One of my favorite examples is Black Dynamite.
All right, fair point
I dunno, I feel like a Wand of Gamelon adaptation by the creators of Star would work great.

:4pacman:
Okay, I'd actually pay to watch that

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Aight quick question, I got a new micro SD card and installed Smash into that right?
But I already used the code for piranha plant installed on the old card, so does that just mean I just wasted that code or what?

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
go watch palutena trailer in smash 4 or a brawl cutscene and come say that again.
An animated short with basically no plot and intending only to introduce a character to a videogame is not the same as a full length movie that would require a plot that isn't convoluted to hell and back because of the amount of characters to work with.

Oh, and before you bring up Subspace Emissary, no, its story would not sell for a movie, and it was never meant to. Its story was basically fanservice with a plot device to justify it, that was more to serve as a backbone to the gameplay of the adventure than anything else.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Aight quick question, I got a new micro SD card and installed Smash into that right?
But I already used the code for piranha plant installed on the old card, so does that just mean I just wasted that code or what?
no, you still have piranha plant on your account

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Many people complain that the SSE was too long, I'd imagine a fully animated story would do the same, especially since you have to follow so many characters.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I do believe as long as you're on your normal Nintendo Account, you're absolutely fine

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Many people complain that the SSE was too long, I'd imagine a fully animated story would do the same, especially since you have to follow so many characters.
Dunno about everyone else, but my issue with SSE wasn't that the story itself was long.
It was that the gameplay segments were overly long and tedious.
It suuuuuuuuuuucked.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I loved the fact that SSE was long. It really felt like an epic adventure to me.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
It’s probably because there are a lot more anime with grounded designs and a true continuity with an overarching plot than there are western animated shows with those things.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Dunno about everyone else, but my issue with SSE wasn't that the story itself was long.
It was that the gameplay segments were overly long and tedious.
It suuuuuuuuuuucked.
If you ask me... It was a bit too short,
The only long and tedious thing about it was that stupid Great Maze thing that went on for like 2 to 3 hours...
Easily, one of the worst instances of padding in a video game ever

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If you ask me... It was a bit too short,
The only long thing about it was that stupid Great Maze thing that went on for like 2 to 3 hours...
Easily, one of the worst instances of padding in a video game ever
I liked the Great Maze, but only as its own thing. Like if the Great Maze was separate from the rest of the mode and you could replay it at will without having a save file right before the beginning of the Maze, it would be pretty neat.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Like how Sonic was the last-second addition that stopped Tabuu from killing everyone, assuming this one is the last-minute choice based on how much of a potato he looked in early trailers, does this mean Chrom is going to Aether the **** out of Galeem?

Pyr

Smash Lord
Like how Sonic was the last-second addition that stopped Tabuu from killing everyone, assuming this one is the last-minute choice based on how much of a potato he looked in early trailers, does this mean Chrom is going to Aether the **** out of Galeem?
Nah. Much like Sabin suplexed a train in FF6, Incineroar shall suplex Galeem.

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
I'll always appreciate SSE for having actual levels instead of being glorified event matches like the World of Light that they're trying to sell as the successor.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I did enjoy SSE for the most part but I honestly don’t remember the Great Maze since I haven’t played it in years. As a platformer fan, I did enjoy going through the levels that I do remember.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'll always appreciate SSE for having actual levels instead of being glorified event matches like the World of Light that they're trying to sell as the successor.
To be fair, Subspace was bassically torture for Sakurai, as he wanted another studio to work on it, while he and GameArts could work on the standard Smash mode, but GameArts ended up doing both, and it hurt Brawl's development in many ways...

I understand why World of Light is not as ambitious, and I'm fine with that

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
are you deadass or are you pulling my leg

have you seen the women in these things
I said more grounded, not incredibly lifelike.

Even an incredibly busty character like Mythra is much closer to a real-life human being than the average American cartoon character.

If you showed me Peter Griffin, Steven Universe and a big-boobied anime girl, one of them will stick out as the closest to a real human in overall proportions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom