• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
You know one of my Ultimate pet peeves?

:ultbowser:‘s new Final Smash at E3 first gave people the impression that it was an instant Screen KO move, but that wasn’t the case as shown in gameplay vids.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
You have been given the call to action, Your time to become a Graizen Graizen is upon you. Your mission: Go ask Vergeben if Boshi is the Square DLC. This message will self destruct in 10 seconds.

BOOM!!!
I'd ask about KOS-MOS, but there hasn't been a single credible source talking about her. There's also the fact that neither of the most reliable leakers have dropped anything significant about who the Bamco rep is IF there is one. The only one that's hinted at making the cut is Lloyd, but Verge and Hitagi would very likely give a non-answer no matter which character is mentioned.

The nearest anyone has gotten to asking Hitagi about a Bamco character asked about KOS-MOS. Hitagi only denied one character being in while staying silent in regards to her. Whether that's him purposely dodging the possibility that KOS-MOS is one of the Bamco reps that are tossed around and unconfirmed, or if it's because he/she has never heard of KOS-MOS before doesn't make my situation better, lol

Putting my own biases and worries aside however, Lloyd seems likely unless Verge says otherwise.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Did the universe get snapped and it just so happened that posters on this thread just happened to make up the 50% of the universe that got snapped?
It's been like this since the last direct tbh. Guess there's not much to discuss any more so people aren't coming on as often.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Which existing series would you give a another rep to in regards of a PlayStation All-stars sequel roster?
Personally, I would pick Carmelita since I use to play the **** out of her in the Cops & Robbers mode in Sly 3 and found her very fun to play as a Projectile based rushdown character.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Which existing series would you give a another rep to in regards of a PlayStation All-stars sequel roster?
Personally, I would pick Carmelita since I use to play the **** out of her in the Cops & Robbers mode in Sly 3 and found her very fun to play as a Projectile based rushdown character.
Honestly a sequel probably isn't gonna happen.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Metal Gear...

Snake.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Ah, thanks for showing and clearing this uncertainty for me! So happy to see Bowser Jr. actually has so many good things going for him since he was one of the characters I used from time to time. I hope he stays far away from being the worst~

I wonder what got you picking ROB and Olimar in the first place. Are hold nostalgia over that ROB toy years back? Are you a big fan of the Pikmin series? Do you just like how they play in Smash in general? Or maybe you prefer the more uncommon choices? I certainly rarely seen anyone picking Olimar online in Smash 4. There were some ROBs here and there, but still a bit of a rarity. Piranha Plant does look like a whole lot of fun though!

And yeah, I'll be sticking with Pikachu as one of my most picked characters. That is...unless a certain cute yellow feathered bird shows up~
For ROB, I'm not sure why I picked him. I'm far too young to have ever owned a ROB and my only prior experience of him was through Mario Kart DS. For whatever reason I started playing as him in Brawl then kept it up throughout Smash 4 because I liked his playstyle, his design and his personality (as much as you can say that for a robot).

For Olimar, it's definitely because I'm a fan of Pikmin: Pikmin 2 is one of my favourite games ever. I was really happy when he made it into Brawl and stuck with him as a main. I like his playstyle though at the time I had no idea that he was top tier in Brawl. I think I just generally enjoy characters who have good range and projectile options. That's part of the reason why I'm really looking forward to Piranha Plant, who could have some crazy edgeguarding options.

As for you sticking with Pikachu, have you ever been tempted by Pichu or are you not really interested? And while we don't know who our Square Enix rep will be, I can almost see Chocobo happening because hardly anyone is expecting them, and Sakurai is always surprising us...

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Yeah he did.
Obviously that's not the real Graizen with his agumon avi.
That's DARK Graizen with his DARK agumon avi.
Wait, are Echo Accounts even allowed on smashboards? Where's his epsilon symbol?? I want answers! (and pictures of Spider-Man!)
Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 11.34.04 PM.png

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Just because Nintendo have a flourishing relationship with Square now doesn't mean it can't be made stronger or that it shouldn't be made stronger, because "reasons". You're talking about company relations here with the mentality of the here and now without really thinking about what big companies actually give a **** about when talking about relations with other companies. Which is the future between said companies later down the line when concerning future business. Making better relations at any chance they can get doesn't hurt, after all it's what warrants future business between the companies in question to begin with it's quite literally the whole ****ing point of these relationships to begin with.
tbh any character SE owns being added to Smash could strengthen their relationship with Nintendo.

Could be Sora, Geno, Dragon Quest, another FF character, or whatever. Each character makes them a profit, after all, with certain characters not requiring as much money to be spread across more than two parties.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Graizen

Smash Champion
I asked Hitagi-san about Crash Bandicoot in Smash , and she said this:

"nothing about Crash as legit character no "

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Nintendo and Squenix already have a flourishing relationship, is my issue with this. Sora won't do anything, say, the FF ports, already haven't, from what I get.

I apologize for bringing this point up so much, but KH3's existence is a very big looming threat to Sora in Smash due to it being on the consoles of Nintendo's competitors.

Thanks for supporting my boy. And TPC/Nekoo's boy.
Kingdom Hearts on Switch my friend.

Kingdom Hearts fans may not buy a Switch for Smash, but they will for portable Kingdom Hearts.
Did the universe get snapped and it just so happened that posters on this thread just happened to make up the 50% of the universe that got snapped?
There's nothing to discuss, so I've just been lurking as of late.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
If that's the case, I hope it is indeed a movie, 'cause I sure as hell ain't paying for Disney's new streaming service.
Legend of Zelda animated series on Disney+, calling it now.

And we get Sora in Smash because of it.
The true snap will be coming on December 7th. I'll probably vanish into the ether just like I did after Smash 4's release.
Pretty much this. Once the SE Rep is revealed I might largely vanish myself just because there'll be little for me here.

Catch me on the Social Thread tho, which I plan on posting more in.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The true snap will be coming on December 7th. I'll probably vanish into the ether just like I did after Smash 4's release.
*disappears until smash on the next console is out*

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
That's fine and all but Nintendo baby just get Del Toro on Metroid and Brie Larson as Samus. Though I actually DO wonder if a Smash movie is even possible as Nintendo would just lend licences to film studios and stuff
Unlikely if Nintendo is going with different stuidos.

Unless they make an actual Smash Bros. movie and bring them all together to work on it.
If you want a Metroid movie just play Other M
I want a good movie though, not garbage.

Last edited:

PF9

Smash Lord
I've done over 20 versions of the "Banner Comes to Life" commercial for the game, using the following songs:

Guns N' Roses - Get in the Ring
Van Halen - Right Now
Brighton Rock - We Came to Rock (a little-known Canadian hair metal band, this would satisfy CanCon regulations)
Scorpions - Rock You Like a Hurricane
Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
Beastie Boys - Sabotage
Focus - Hocus Pocus (the only hit by an otherwise obscure Dutch rock band from the 1970s)
Quiet Riot - Come on Feel the Noise
Cheap Trick - Surrender
Journey - Anyway You Want It
AC/DC - Thunderstruck
Blur - Song 2
Thin Lizzy - The Boys Are Back in Town
Todd Rundgren - Bang the Drum All Day
Stevie Ray Vaughn - The House Is Rockin'
Queen - We Will Rock You
Europe - The Final Countdown
The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army
Motorhead - The Game
The Fratellis - Chelsea Dagger
Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop

Plus I did one where I slowed part of it down and replaced the audio entirely with the 1985 MacGyver theme

D

Deleted member

"Zelda"

"Animated"

"Disney"

"Well excuuuuuuuuusse me, Princess!"

make it happen.

just include Skull Kid.
END OF LINK VS. THE FORCES OF EVIL: SEASON 1

*Skull Kid is sitting in a chair*

Navi: "Is this hinting at something?"

Skull Kid: "I dunno, maybe!" *winks at camera*

Last edited by a moderator:

PF9

Smash Lord
Also, if any Disney division should have their hands on the Zelda property, it should be the newest division, 20th Century Fox (once Disney finalizes the purchase), who makes big-budget adaptations of the games, and have them released in December so as to help with awards season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom