• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
You guys wanna hear a funny story?

So the College I wanna go to was holding an info night, basically a night where I could go ask questions and get some information. So I get ready, take two buses to get there, and walk right up to the front desk only to find out I missed it! It was yesterday! Isn't that funny? Isn't it hilarious how i'm so ****ing inept I missed something this important? Isn't it funny how ****ing useless I am? I don't even know why i'm trying to get in, i'll probably fail. Y'know, cuz i'm such a ****ing moron.

Anyway, what Spirit fights would you like to see?
Noi, breaks my heart to see someone as upbeat as you so down. You're obviously talented as hell. People wouldn't clamor to be drawn by you if not. Your joy is infectious, and is a part of why I don't just flee this thread at points! I've only known you to be a funny, smart, talented guy, and a simple mistake like that is just that-a simple mistake. We love you Noi!

Also Geno so I can just ****ing die

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

So the College I wanna go to was holding an info night, basically a night where I could go ask questions and get some information. So I get ready, take two buses to get there, and walk right up to the front desk only to find out I missed it! It was yesterday! Isn't that funny? Isn't it hilarious how i'm so ****ing inept I missed something this important? Isn't it funny how ****ing useless I am? I don't even know why i'm trying to get in, i'll probably fail. Y'know, cuz i'm such a ****ing moron.

Um, well then....

"The Spirit Who Likes Surprises" could be a 3-Star Primary Grab Spirit and the battle would be Bowser (since he made a fake Bowser in the actual game to test Yoshi) on Super Happy Tree and the hazard is that the stage tilts

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Nobody ever remembers Erdrick can be a girl, too.

Sakurai loves that ****.

Team Member: Sakurai we have thought of another character for you to add.
Sakurai: Is it possible for this character to have both male and female genitalia?
Team Member: No, sir. It's just...
Sakurai: Hard pass. Bring me something that can possess both male and female reproductive organs.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Just saying the word options gets Sakurai a little excited.
Then make him give us quick-button-press options for hazards so the competitive scene can shut up about what should and shouldn't be legal.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Team Member: Sakurai we have thought of another character for you to add.
Sakurai: Is it possible for this character to have both male and female genitalia?
Team Member: No, sir. It's just...
Sakurai: Hard pass. Bring me something that can possess both male and female reproductive organs.
She's in
Kaine02.png

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
I haven't left my bed in a while
Haven't eaten for 36 hours
I have a headache stronger than the grips of a Pinsir on bathsalts
I live on my own, forced to suffer through this immense pain while my shrieks fall on deaf ears

But the worst pain of all

Katalina is not in

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Lmao but that's the thing if you don't want to be spoiled for **** revolving the game and you know he's a credible leaker why the **** are you even looking at news involving him to begin with? It's a contradictory action, if you get spoiled by something he says because you made the act of looking at what he had to say than at that point It's your fault i'm sorry. You have free will you can choose what to and what not to look at when it comes to news.
Did you read past the first sentence? I was pointing out that Vergeben is just that way. Even if he was 100% wrong all the time he would still be smug like that. He WAS that way in MvC:I Discussions. I'm not one to care about getting spoiled in games cause I'll play them either way but, dude, Vergeben is a real leaker but he's a real **** too.

He was REAL wrong about the MvC:I stuff but before that was proven he went on a rampage anytime would say they heard differently. Even if they were being civil. He wasn't. Vergeben might be a leaker but he's FAR from a role model. And, yeah, you're right, people shouldn't treat him as badly as they did but that doesn't excuse his actions when people were just geniunely questioning him. Verge just ain't a good dude.

It is rude to leak stuff to the public because that's hard work thrown out and he's not the first to do it, nor the last, but really people are making him out to be a deity when he is just not a cool dude. Everyone has their moments where they fly off the handles but Verge has an exceeding amount of them for no good reason.

Graizen

Smash Champion
So, out of the list of characters (according to Hitagi) so far:
Nintendo-owned Character with a Sword
Steve
A Namco rep
A Square Enix rep
???

Characters no longer in the running according to Hitagi:
Anyone who is a spirit
Anyone from Granblue Fantasy (Or, at least Katalina)
Agumon
LoZ Characters
DK Characters

Content Vergeben has hinted at so far:
A Square Enix character
Minecraft content in some form

Vergeben's opinions on other leaks:
Square Enix rep at TGA/Leakypandy's claim- "I cannot speak to the validity or lack thereof concerning the Square Enix character reveal happening at TGA." (Worrying)
Hitagi as a leaker- Hitagi has his blessing as a leaker.
Hitagi's leaks- Hitagi claims Vergeben and him/herself are talking to each other to find out more. But Vergeben cannot confirm or deny any of Hitagi's Smash leaks, only that they're possible and Hitagi has usually had info that he's missed out in the past.
Spawnwave- He didn't confirm or deny his leak, but he said he doesn't like Spawnwave.
E posted more talk with Hitagi today here
Please take a look

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
So, out of the list of characters (according to Hitagi) so far:
Nintendo-owned Character with a Sword
Steve
A Namco rep
A Square Enix rep
???

Characters no longer in the running according to Hitagi:
Anyone who is a spirit
Anyone from Granblue Fantasy (Or, at least Katalina)
Agumon
LoZ Characters
DK Characters
Surprisingly, and thankfully, s/he hasn't deconfirmed Phoenix Wright even when asked directly about his inclusion, unlike other characters he's been asked about.

So, on the off chances that Hitagi is legit here, things are still looking good.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Credit to whoever created/collaborated on this, because this is truly the most blessed image of the speculation cycle. The true banner that even the Grinch couldn't steal.

Potato_

Smash Lord

Dude, that's not even CLOSE to being bad. Besides, universities are always willing to give you more info if you're interested in them, they WANT you to go there.

they want your money too

I'M DOWN.

Also I'm kind of happy Katalina is deconfirmed. Not because of the character herself but because it means another slot is a surprise again.

Really the only "likely" character is Steve. Everyone else is up in the air. And that's refreshing in a way.

Last edited:

Polan

Smash Lord
No see, the problem is he's already being a **** by leaking it in the first place. I'm not gonna lie I have met some cool *** leakers in my life who are really nice guys who just want to get people excited. Vergeben is not one of those people. He's just a jack *** and always has been. Backpedaling isn't even his problem. He is just a douche about it. He's smug as hell and someone I wish would never get fed information. This is a dude who does it for browney points on the internet and whenever someone questions or accuses him of lying he goes full playground mode and starts calling people actually offensive names. Why? Who knows?

I didn't like him when he was leaking MvC: I and Dragon Ball FighterZ stuff so you can imagine my disdain that he hopped into the Smash Speculation. Dude is just an *******. Even when people aren't being ******** to him. He's egotistical to say the very VERY least.
yeah but all the people he's dunking on are gamefaq goons and redditors so i'm not complaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom