• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

And it's a franchise that has an extremely small presence in the west.

If Sakurai was worried about Takamaru because of low exposure, I'm not sure how much better DQ would fare. DQ seems likely, yes, but on the same token, I wouldn't oversell that either.
Y'know what, disregard this point. I honestly don't think I thought this post in particular out very well, TBH. DQ is in a way different situation than Takamaru. My point wasn't even supposed to be trying to say DQ isn't as possible, I really believe it is, so I don't know why I even said that, lol.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
I mean Sephiroth was also pre-order bonus from launch, while sora was dlc added a few months after the game released. We don’t know why sora was only available for a limited time, so we can only guess, but I feel like no matter which what way you look at it, it doesn’t bode super great for sora’s chances as DLC.

Anyways going to sleep now.
But we do know though as an official statement on the DLC, Square themselves stated it was a limited time thing from the start to promote the release of KH 2.8. That's why it was released a few months late to begin with so it could coincide with the launch of the game a month before. Just as sephiroth was incentive for getting WoFF Sora was incentive to get both that game so they could use the Sora, and to buy KH 2.8 simple as that.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
Eh, Smasb will get a new recent pokemon game every entry, I don't think it's necessary for Sakurai to put one as DLC, especially if it doesn't have stage or music to come along with it.
I don't think it "needs" one either, but keep in mind this is Nintendo choosing the DLC. They'll want to promote the **** out of gen 8.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Second one but Erdrik is only the Protagonist of 3. 1 and 2 you play as his Descendant and then his Descendant's Descendants. the rest of the games go like final fantasy a whole new world each time.
Although the next 3 games after that share a similar theme of the Zenithian Castle...

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Just because she got one thing wrong, doesn't mean every one of her claims are wrong

Remember Verg claiming Zero and Phoenix Wright?
And pretty much everything outside of Smash Verg has gotten infamously wrong too.

It just figures that one of the few times he's wrong while being on his one sole correct streak, he had to get matters involving Phoenix Wright wrong. That's a tormenting irony if ever we're living one. Ugh.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Which DQ is that one from?
I believe that design has existed in concept art since the beginning but DQ monster road used it as well as DQ monster road victory.

I would assume Squeenix is pushing that design to be the more canon one now.
1280px-DQMBR_Heroes.png

Look at all these potential alt costumes toooooo

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
So... what you're saying is... Vergeben is treating people like **** because he wants to be treated like ****, got it.

"Do unto others as you would have done unto you" is a call to be nice to others, not be an *******.
No not normally sure but if people want to be ***** to him why the hell should he act all nice towards them? Be honest with yourself if some random person walked up to you and for no reason decided to try to fight you what would you do? Sit there and take the beating? **** no right you're gonna defend yourself right? It's the same principle, the notion that he should be the nice one when people are coming after his head for no ****ing reason is laughable. Why the **** should he be forced to act like he's okay with that ****? Because it's the right thing to do? Riiight, just like coming at him, and **** talking him just cause you don't agree with him is the right thing to do right? No **** off if you're gonna be an asshole to someone for no reason, that person does not owe you any ****ing respect because you didn't respect them first. If you get called out on your bull**** that's your fault for spilling bull**** to begin with. Can't get mad at Verge just cause he defends himself **** that mentality. If you're gonna get mad at him for saying ****, then you need to get mad at the people who start **** with him too because they're at fault to.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I mean you can say this game ended on some rather low hype characters but hot ****ing damn that trailer was dope as hell. Even if I absolutely hated Ken and Inceneroar that trailer would have still got me pumped.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I believe that design has existed in concept art since the beginning but DQ monster road used it as well as DQ monster road victory.

View attachment 177881
Nah, that's still Toriyama's design. It's just updated to how he currently does Dragon Ball characters these days, with eyes not as circular and whatnot.

It's kinda like how this:
Untitled.png is different from this
Untitled.jpg
despite being drawn by the same artist.

Untitled.png

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432

View attachment 177881
Thank you kindly. ^_^

No not normally sure but if people want to be ***** to him why the hell should he act all nice towards them? Be honest with yourself if some random person walked up to you and for no reason decided to try to fight you what would you do? Sit there and take the beating? **** no right you're gonna defend yourself right? It's the same principle, the notion that he should be the nice one when people are coming after his head for no ****ing reason is laughable. Why the **** should he be forced to act like he's okay with that ****? Because it's the right thing to do? Riiight, just like coming at him, and **** talking him just cause you don't agree with him is the right thing to do right? No **** off if you're gonna be an ******* to someone for no reason, that person does not owe you any ****ing respect because you didn't respect them first. If you get called out on your bull**** that's your fault for spilling bull**** to begin with. Can't get mad at Verge just cause he defends himself **** that mentality. If you're gonna get mad at him for saying ****, then you need to get mad at the people who start **** with him too because they're at fault to.
For one thing, someone picking a fight with you irl is different than people giving you **** on the internet. On the internet you can compose yourself and try to be the better person and try not to stoop to the harasser’s level. Verge pretty much has a knee jerk reaction and makes himself look as bad as the others.

KMDP

Smash Legend
No not normally sure but if people want to be ***** to him why the hell should he act all nice towards them? Be honest with yourself if some random person walked up to you and for no reason decided to try to fight you what would you do? Sit there and take the beating? **** no right you're gonna defend yourself right? It's the same principle, the notion that he should be the nice one when people are coming after his head for no ****ing reason is laughable. Why the **** should he be forced to act like he's okay with that ****? Because it's the right thing to do? Riiight, just like coming at him, and **** talking him just cause you don't agree with him is the right thing to do right? No **** off if you're gonna be an ******* to someone for no reason, that person does not owe you any ****ing respect because you didn't respect them first. If you get called out on your bull**** that's your fault for spilling bull**** to begin with. Can't get mad at Verge just cause he defends himself **** that mentality. If you're gonna get mad at him for saying ****, then you need to get mad at the people who start **** with him too because they're at fault to.
Um, okay.

You're acting like Vergeben has done literally nothing to earn any ire (which isn't true, he build a reputation long before he touched Smash, that doesn't just go away)

Your example is also bad, it's not like randomly walking up to someone on the street; it's more similar to people heckling someone on stage.

You know what the best way to deal with that is? Laugh it off and/or ignore it and carry on, not go on a tirade.

NineS

Smash Lord
So, out of the list of characters (according to Hitagi) so far:
Nintendo-owned Character with a Sword
Steve
A Namco rep
A Square Enix rep
???

Characters no longer in the running according to Hitagi:
Anyone who is a spirit
Anyone from Granblue Fantasy (Or, at least Katalina)
Agumon
LoZ Characters
DK Characters

Content Vergeben has hinted at so far:
A Square Enix character
Minecraft content in some form

Vergeben's opinions on other leaks:
Square Enix rep at TGA/Leakypandy's claim- "I cannot speak to the validity or lack thereof concerning the Square Enix character reveal happening at TGA." (Worrying)
Hitagi as a leaker- Hitagi has his blessing as a leaker.
Hitagi's leaks- Hitagi claims Vergeben and him/herself are talking to each other to find out more. But Vergeben cannot confirm or deny any of Hitagi's Smash leaks, only that they're possible and Hitagi has usually had info that he's missed out in the past.
Spawnwave- He didn't confirm or deny his leak, but he said he doesn't like Spawnwave.

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
Steve
A Namco rep
A Square Enix rep
???

Characters no longer in the running according to Hitagi: Anyone who is a spirit, Anyone from Granblue Fantasy, Agumon

A Square Enix character

Square Enix rep at TGA/Leakypandy's claim- "I cannot speak to the validity or lack thereof concerning the Square Enix character reveal happening at TGA." (Worrying)
Hitagi's leaks- Hitagi claims Vergeben and him/herself are talking to each other to find out more. But Vergeben cannot confirm or deny any of Hitagi's Smash leaks, only that they're possible and Hitagi has usually had info that he's missed out in the past.
Spawnwave- He didn't confirm or deny his leak, but he said he doesn't like Spawnwave.
Include Zelda characters and Donkey Kong to the no longer in the running list. Hitagi specifically denied those two at least.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Nah, that's still Toriyama's design. It's just updated to how he currently does Dragon Ball characters these days, with eyes not as circular and whatnot.

It's kinda like how this:
View attachment 177884 is different from this View attachment 177883 despite being drawn by the same artist.

Well duh Toriyama drew it. The man probably drew the entire goddamn 11 series game art.

I'm saying that specific version of the design didn't get used till DQ Monster Road used it, though the resident DQ guy can correct me on that.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Steve
A Namco rep
A Square Enix rep
???

Anyone who is a spirit
Anyone from Granblue Fantasy
Agumon

A Square Enix character

DriTg96WwAIptRZ.jpg
When they deconfirm your new wife

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Steve
A Namco rep
A Square Enix rep
???

Anyone who is a spirit
Anyone from Granblue Fantasy (Or, at least Katalina)
Agumon

A Square Enix character

If the Namco rep is Nightmare that’d be hype.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well duh Toriyama drew it. The man probably drew the entire goddamn 11 series game art.

I'm saying that specific version of the design didn't get used till DQ Monster Road used it, though the resident DQ guy can correct me on that.
***** let me geek out i never get to do this

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
No see, the problem is he's already being a **** by leaking it in the first place. I'm not gonna lie I have met some cool ass leakers in my life who are really nice guys who just want to get people excited. Vergeben is not one of those people. He's just a jack ass and always has been. Backpedaling isn't even his problem. He is just a douche about it. He's smug as hell and someone I wish would never get fed information. This is a dude who does it for browney points on the internet and whenever someone questions or accuses him of lying he goes full playground mode and starts calling people actually offensive names. Why? Who knows?

I didn't like him when he was leaking MvC: I and Dragon Ball FighterZ stuff so you can imagine my disdain that he hopped into the Smash Speculation. Dude is just an asshole. Even when people aren't being assholes to him. He's egotistical to say the very VERY least.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
You guys wanna hear a funny story?

So the College I wanna go to was holding an info night, basically a night where I could go ask questions and get some information. So I get ready, take two buses to get there, and walk right up to the front desk only to find out I missed it! It was yesterday! Isn't that funny? Isn't it hilarious how i'm so ****ing inept I missed something this important? Isn't it funny how ****ing useless I am? I don't even know why i'm trying to get in, i'll probably fail. Y'know, cuz i'm such a ****ing moron.

Anyway, what Spirit fights would you like to see?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
No see, the problem is he's already being a prick by leaking it in the first place. I'm not gonna lie I have met some cool *** leakers in my life who are really nice guys who just want to get people excited. Vergeben is not one of those people. He's just a jack *** and always has been. Backpedaling isn't even his problem. He is just a douche about it. He's smug as hell and someone I wish would never get fed information. This is a dude who does it for browney points on the internet and whenever someone questions or accuses him of lying he goes full playground mode and starts calling people actually offensive names. Why? Who knows?

I didn't like him when he was leaking MvC: I and Dragon Ball FighterZ stuff so you can imagine my disdain that he hopped into the Smash Speculation. Dude is just an *******. Even when people aren't being ******** to him. He's egotistical to say the very VERY least.
Fellas we got too many cuss and bad words in this post can we pls just mourn Katalina as a family

Shroob

Sup?
As a diehard Granblue fan.

ngl, I'm glad Katalina isn't happening. The last thing my favorite franchise needs is angry Smash fans pissing on it.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

So the College I wanna go to was holding an info night, basically a night where I could go ask questions and get some information. So I get ready, take two buses to get there, and walk right up to the front desk only to find out I missed it! It was yesterday! Isn't that funny? Isn't it hilarious how i'm so ****ing inept I missed something this important? Isn't it funny how ****ing useless I am? I don't even know why i'm trying to get in, i'll probably fail. Y'know, cuz i'm such a ****ing moron.

9d6-1.png

Man it'd be super neat if we got Raiden from MGR:R as a sort of Marth with screwattack and killing edge!

NineS

Smash Lord

please don't hurt yourself like this
mistakes happen

to give you an example, i've ran full-speed head-first into a stop sign when I was younger.

Also, I want to see what the Geno spirit can do.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Man if we get a Dragon Quest character in Smash it’ll be the third time an addiction in Smash made me cry.

...and the second time it was a happy cry. lol

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
No see, the problem is he's already being a prick by leaking it in the first place. I'm not gonna lie I have met some cool *** leakers in my life who are really nice guys who just want to get people excited. Vergeben is not one of those people. He's just a jack *** and always has been. Backpedaling isn't even his problem. He is just a douche about it. He's smug as hell and someone I wish would never get fed information. This is a dude who does it for browney points on the internet and whenever someone questions or accuses him of lying he goes full playground mode and starts calling people actually offensive names. Why? Who knows?

I didn't like him when he was leaking MvC: I and Dragon Ball FighterZ stuff so you can imagine my disdain that he hopped into the Smash Speculation. Dude is just an *******. Even when people aren't being ******** to him. He's egotistical to say the very VERY least.
Lmao but that's the thing if you don't want to be spoiled for **** revolving the game and you know he's a credible leaker why the **** are you even looking at news involving him to begin with? It's a contradictory action, if you get spoiled by something he says because you made the act of looking at what he had to say than at that point It's your fault i'm sorry. You have free will you can choose what to and what not to look at when it comes to news.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Nobody ever remembers Erdrick can be a girl, too.

Sakurai loves that ****.

KMDP

Smash Legend

Don't beat yourself up over it, everyone makes mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom