• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
What songs are you guys hoping get remixed in ultimate? Personally I'm holding out for piranha plant lullaby and masked dedede (preferably the triple deluxe version)
More tracks from Paper Mario. We get one medley, a 1/3 of it was great and the other two thirds are from Sticker Star (which had a good OST - that was the least of it's problems - but there are much better tracks from that game). Also more stuff from Mario and Luigi (Adventure's End, vs. Elder Princess Shroob etc.).

And let's not forget Miror B's Retro Groove

D

Deleted member

You know, I'd like to see an Infamous or Prototype game made by Platinum Games for the Switch.

NineS

Smash Lord
Sakurai, please make up your mind.
We're receiving mixed signals.
All I can say is: Was the DLC part of the Original Project Plan, Mr. Sakurai? Or is it part of an entirely different plan?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Sakurai, please make up your mind.
We're receiving mixed signals.
All I can say is: Was the DLC part of the Original Project Plan, Mr. Sakurai? Or is it part of an entirely different plan?
I's assume that it was a different project plan...

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ok. So I think I've found a strange conundrum. What Persona character deserves to be in a crossover game?

I know some people will say Demi-Feind or Jack Frost. Problem is, they are Shin Megami Tensei characters. Not PERSONA. It's a weird and nit-picky distinction, but one I feel matters if you're catering for fans of the franchise. Who's the ever green reperesentative. The iconic Persona character that people will recognize and love even after it has lost its "New game of the series" charm. Can someone who knows more about the franchise than me answer this question? Or is it truly impossible?

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
There will be, and it'll be the final battle against Galeem. Each of the cast has to hit Sandbag over 2000 ft so they can knock out another Master Hand, and they each need to take out about ten.
Now I’m imagining it as, rather than it specifically being Home-Run Contest, you have to charge up Sandbag with energy by knocking it around, it can’t leave the stage due to a forcefield but you can still get KO’ed by Galeem’s onslaught so you have to dodge carefully, Sandbag glows increasingly more until it looks like it has like Smash Ball x10 and then you launch it upward so it gets Star KO’ed into Galeem’s forcefield (since it has a forcefield around it on the world map.) That wouldn’t be the final battle but it’d be pretty epic, ahaha.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Ok. So I think I've found a strange conundrum. What Persona character deserves to be in a crossover game?

I know some people will say Demi-Feind or Jack Frost. Problem is, they are Shin Megami Tensei characters. Not PERSONA. It's a weird and nit-picky distinction, but one I feel matters if you're catering for fans of the franchise. Who's the ever green reperesentative. The iconic Persona character that people will recognize and love even after it has lost its "New game of the series" charm. Can someone who knows more about the franchise than me answer this question? Or is it truly impossible?
First: It's not a weird distinction. A Persona character is only a SMT character as much as Ashley is a Super Mario character.

Second: Probably Joker. Yu Narukami and Aigis are also very popular and around for a while but Persona 5 is one of the most successful games ever made from Megami Tensei. He's very popular and have a great moveset potential. And considering how influential his game was and how often he appears in crossovers, he's a safe bet.

KMDP

Smash Legend
December 2015 is the month of the Final Smash Presentation, where Corrin and Bayonetta were unveiled.

Doesn't this line up with what Sakurai said before?

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

Joker, maybe? I'd say he's the most recognisable Persona character...

Last edited:

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
If the Nintendo swordfighter is still a thing, I hope by some miracle we get Zael from Last Story in. He's very niche, but his inclusion would mean a remaster of Last Story for Switch, I'd be overjoyed at that.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
What songs are you guys hoping get remixed in ultimate? Personally I'm holding out for piranha plant lullaby and masked dedede (preferably the triple deluxe version)
Literally any Sonic song.

Like for the love of god.

I'd say FF too, but I know better at this point.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
First: It's not a weird distinction. A Persona character is only a SMT character as much as Ashley is a Super Mario character.

Second: Probably Joker. Yu Narukami and Aigis are also very popular and around for a while but Persona 5 is one of the most successful games ever made from Megami Tensei. He's very popular and have a great moveset potential. And considering how influential his game was and how often he appears in crossovers, he's a safe bet.
Ok. Glad to get an actual word from a fan of the series. For the longest time the Persona character of choice was Yu, and then when it switched to Joker I began beleiving that people were just asking for the main character of the latest game, not a single evergreen "mascot"

osby

Smash Obsessed
The dog is Mr. Peepers
Not really, it's a fan name commonly mistaken for canon. It's a good name, though.

Ok. Glad to get an actual word from a fan of the series. For the longest time the Persona character of choice was Yu, and then when it switched to Joker I began beleiving that people were just asking for the main character of the latest game, not a single evergreen "mascot"
Persona don't really have a mascot. Yu was close to that, but it's generally the latest protag in Persona fandom too, anyway. Starting from Persona 3, all protags are the most popular character of their game and each game was more popular than the previous ones.

Yu would be a good choice before Persona 5 was a thing but now Joker definitely makes more sense. As a Persona fan, my ideal character would be from P3, but all of them would be fine.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Does anyone want me to remix a specific song or a song from a specific game?
I'd be happy to take requests!
Oh, and speaking of Remixes...
This was posted
If it isn’t too much work, do you mind doing Sigma’s 1st theme from Megaman x5?

FreeFox

Smash Lord
I dont know how people would react to this but what if
Steve
every single
Katalina
one of the
Erdrick From DQ
DLC characters
Lloyd from Tales
was a swordsman?
or any other Nintendo swordsman
except
:ultpiranha:
?

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
They are fine in mobile games with RPG mechanics.

But for fighting games, i prefer the route of Super Mario Run or Killer Instinct’s free version.

You have some stuff for free to try the mechanics and see if they are of your taste, but you need a single purchase for the whole game if you want the full experience.

It works similar to a demo, so i am ok with that.

Note: sorry for the double post, i went too fast.
You right
Question: Which fighters aren't called by their real names?
From top of my head, I can think up :ultbayonetta::ulticeclimbers::ultmegaman::ultmiifighters::ultpokemontrainer::ultsnake::ultvillager:
Is there anyone I missed?
:ultwiifittrainer:
Honestly at this point, just anything new from Kid Icarus. It would be nice if they attempted a remix of Thunder Cloud Temple or something fitting of Medusa, or maybe even Lunar Sanctum. Even to this day I'm also bummed out that there's no Underworld stage yet we got themes for it and the fact that Reset Bomb Forest exists. Basically we got Skyworld and Palutena's Temple representing the Light, Reset Bomb Forest for Viridi's forces... in a way, but no stage for the 2nd most important faction in KI (Underworld Army), even though s4 does have some Smash Run enemies.
Everything from Kid Icarus
Open Your Heart, His World, Seven Rings in Hand, Reach for the Stars... Yes, I'm desperate. I'd like a remix of the After Burner (∞ Climax) too, but I don't know if you can make it any better.
The day we get another Sega related remix would be a glorious one
:ultduckhunt: We have no clue
Mr.Peepers and Quackers...or Keenan and Kel

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Holy **** apparantly Ridley got buffed with the final build demo, his Up B works properly now, his goddamn tail has dummy priority and sweetspot down B ignores shields. I haven't seen any footage and the source is a youtube comment on Mew2King's analysis but holy ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom