• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm really not sold on why I should believe Hitagi just yet. I can't believe in Katalina without more solid evidence. I just can't.
If Fire Emblem is still in the running for the character then it’s 99% likely to be from that.
Have we seen any recent FE Swordsman do anything half as crazy as Corrin's Dragon Fang? No? Then I definitely wouldn't expect it.

Like I guess they could throw in Celica as a spell sword, but that's already Robin's shtick.

beans

Smash Lord
How many sword fighters are there not from Zelda, FE, or Xenoblade?
Ignoring generic NPCs and the like.
That sword guy from SMRPG.
and umm...
Wind Waker Ganondorf
and
Felix from Golden Sun
Oh man im running out of names to throw.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I mean, if DLC just started development for certain characters, would Eugen not fit the swordsman/Cygames character? Just a thought.

Also, I wouldn’t count on any DLC character being announced at VGA by anyone other than Nintendo. Certain SE games may be there, but I think it’s way more likely to see that character get teased at the end of the end of a “launch trailer” introduced by Reggie. If games are getting trailers at VGA, they’re trailers at VGA to advertise themselves, not Smash.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I'm really not sold on why I should believe Hitagi just yet. I can't believe in Katalina without more solid evidence. I just can't.
Have we seen any recent FE Swordsman do anything half as crazy as Corrin's Dragon Fang? No? Then I definitely wouldn't expect it.

Like I guess they could throw in Celica as a spell sword, but that's already Robin's shtick.
I don’t know, but does it matter? We apparently can’t have too many FE characters in Smash and with Three Houses in the way it makes sense for Nintendo to want a character Fromm that in DLC. I’d just much rather have an axe or lance user for once if we got another FE rep.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
and umm...
Wind Waker Ganondorf
and
Felix from Golden Sun
Felix is a spirit though and most people agree that those won’t be future fighters. I think Hitagi himself said that.

D

Deleted member

Aegislash is the new swordfighter.

Last edited by a moderator:

beans

Smash Lord
Bumping this for the sake of getting an actual source on this. @Untouch provided Xenoblade (R.I.P. Elma), but what about Fire Emblem and/or Zelda?

Also, here's an idea:

What about Pandora's Tower and/or the Last Story? Both were games developed by Nintendo and were a part of Operation Rainfall, the successful campaign that brought those two games alongside Xenoblade Chronicles to the West. Pandora's Tower even saw a re-release on Wii U, proving it's on Nintendo's radar. A sequel/port of one of those two games could be coming up, and the characters could be added to promote it.
Those games are kinda obscure tho, I doubt they would get a DLC spot.

If I had to bet, it's Celica. If Rex was too new for DLC then it's likewise for Edelgard.
The idea is that Edgelord will be a "Corrin", a DLC character as an advertsiment for the OG product.
I can kinda see where you coming from tough. I guess they mean as it wouldnt make sense to advertise XC2 since the games has already launched a long while ago.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
and umm...
Wind Waker Ganondorf
and
Felix from Golden Sun
Felix is a Spirit.

'Course, that only matters if you think Spirits are harsh deconfirms.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I don’t know, but does it matter? We apparently can’t have too many FE characters in Smash and with Three Houses in the way it makes sense for Nintendo to want a character Fromm that in DLC. I’d just much rather have an axe or lance user for once if we got another FE rep.
Sakurai decided against adding Chrom in Smash 4 because he didn't have any special abilities that stood out from Marth or Ike, instead opting for Robin who could use magic as well. I imagine that Dragon Fang is what convinced Sakurai to add Corrin as well, as his moveset is more focused around that ability then it actually is around his actual sword.

Yeah yeah Sakurai didn't choose the line up this time or whatever, but it sounds to me like he had veto power and probably got to choose from a list.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Oi, I actually happen to like that community! ...Granted, I'm banned from the forums again for being pushy with CAP25... Woe is me.
They're fine they just have trouble with thinking for themselves

Blazekin is Uber...

laughs in Toxapex

Belly laughs is Azumarill

Double K

Smash Lord

Blazekin is Uber...

laughs in Toxapex

Blazekin with Speed Boost is in Ubers. Toxapex has a hundred and one counters and it's OU because it has high defense, regenerator and toxic/scald

Azumarill with Belly Drum/Huge Power has enough checks

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

Blazekin is Uber...

laughs in Toxapex

Pokemon don't get banned because they lack checks or counters, they get banned because they become overcentralizing or limit teambuilding too heavily. Yes Blaziken has checks and counters, but they're limited enough that you're forced to choose behind a small handful of Pokemon while teambuilding. Furthermore, it's practically impossible to check it with offensive Pokemon outside of like Talonflame because speed boost means that it'll be able to outspeed anything pretty quickly.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
With all this talk about first rep swordfighter
please, guys. I'm pretty sure that this is real swordfighter at all

I know this is from super mario rpg but i have to make this joke

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Ok since the site is derped about images today just imagine what I am trying to get across

Stealth Rock!
Stealth Rock Everywhere!

Double K

Smash Lord
Ok since the site is derped about images today just imagine what I am trying to get across

Stealth Rock!
Stealth Rock Everywhere!
Sneaky Pebbles are annoying, but the fact that despite them, Megazard Y is still OU should be a testament as to how not-metadefining they are.

The meta isn't balanced around having hazard removal, like it was with mimikyu forcing entire teams having an anti-mimikyu check

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So any new developments or matches showing off characters who didn't get much screen time.

Nintrendo

Smash Cadet
Or because he's being vague for the sake of:
  • A: Protecting his sources
AND
  • B: Not spreading misinformation (i.e. Katalina is confirmed, when in reality she's a prominent name in negotiations with Cygames, but not the only one)
Dude's leaked stuff before and gotten it right (Samurai Showdown, Skullomania in SNK Heroines), and Smash to an extent (Incineroar and Ken, Grinch "leak" being fake), but we still have yet to see if his DLC leaks pan out.
In my opinion its fake and yea i could be wrong but hitagi has said conflicting information and i wouldnt credit them with incineroar and ken or grinch being fake since verge was already set in stone with that and most insiders said it was fake. Samurai showdown and skullomania i could of sworn was teased before hitagi also

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Minecraft Steve with a sword, done in the art style of Granblue that has alternate costumes of Square Enix characters. Turns out all of the leaks were just referencing one character!

Electrick_EEL

Smash Cadet
Nah, it got killed. Original poster of said leak admitted everything back when the Grinch Leak was a things
Actually, my friend made the fake debunk in order to attract the real person who posted the July Celica/Geno leak (just like when some tried to debunk the Ken image leak).

True Story!

So yeah the Geno/Celica leak is still something to look out for.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Might sound condescending, but it's still funny to see people not understanding how leaker/Leaks work or thinking that someone being vague/having multiple/Contradicting information is just because they wanna be an attention ***** or something like that.
It's because so often this is exactly how the attention whores actually do it though.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Pokemon don't get banned because they lack checks or counters, they get banned because they become overcentralizing or limit teambuilding too heavily. Yes Blaziken has checks and counters, but they're limited enough that you're forced to choose behind a small handful of Pokemon while teambuilding. Furthermore, it's practically impossible to check it with offensive Pokemon outside of like Talonflame because speed boost means that it'll be able to outspeed anything pretty quickly.
What is a Landorus-T?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom