• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
Steve. This is the only one anyone is truly sure of.

The bigger names floating around; a Bandai Namco rep, Katalina, a First Party Swordfighter (not from FE or Zelda).
did a "square rep" end up dying?

Last edited:

Double K

Smash Lord
wait guys

what if whoever gave the information, wrote the info wrong

It's not first party with a sword, it's first party IS a sword?

What if it is Kartana?!

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
hm. It looks like we've potentially found all of our DLC spots. but I doubt there wont be any element of surprise

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Hitagi not even being able to give a basic description of a character they like the design of is confounding. And how do they know it's a first party character if they don't even know what it's from?

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Its because they are probably not true and hitagi is just saying what they like.
Or because he's being vague for the sake of:
  • A: Protecting his sources
AND
  • B: Not spreading misinformation (i.e. Katalina is confirmed, when in reality she's a prominent name in negotiations with Cygames, but not the only one)
Dude's leaked stuff before and gotten it right (Samurai Showdown, Skullomania in SNK Heroines), and Smash to an extent (Incineroar and Ken, Grinch "leak" being fake), but we still have yet to see if his DLC leaks pan out.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Or because he's being vague for the sake of:
  • A: Protecting his sources
AND
  • B: Not spreading misinformation (i.e. Katalina is confirmed, when in reality she's a prominent name in negotiations with Cygames, but not the only one)
Dude's leaked stuff before and gotten it right (Samurai Showdown, Skullomania in SNK Heroines), and Smash to an extent (Incineroar and Ken, Grinch "leak" being fake), but we still have yet to see if his DLC leaks pan out.
I mean you gotta admit the contradictions seem to go beyond protecting his sources.
I do think Hitagi has genuine information. But still.

I still think Katalina is a weird choice for Cygames, even if she's the alledged MC of Re:Link

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net..._Albert.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150128001138 Albert has more options for gameplay, tbh
You think Cygames actually cares about who has more moveset potential KK?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Where did Hitagi say it wasn't Fire Emblem/Zelda/Xenoblade? That's news to me.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Mostly the same as yesterday.

Frontrunners with Hitagi seem to be; Steve, Squenix Rep, First Party Swordsfighter (not Zelda or FE or Xenoblade), Katalina (to an extent), a Bandai Namco rep.
Oh I see... we’re not getting Isaac as the Golden Sun rep, we’re getting Garet.

In all seriousness I have no freakin idea who it would be if those three series are out of the running.

Double K

Smash Lord
I mean you gotta admit the contradictions seem to go beyond protecting his sources.
I do think Hitagi has genuine information. But still.

You think Cygames actually cares about who has more moveset potential KK?
If it's marketability, Albert is basically a second/third mascot. He's been in literally every Cygames IP but Princess Connect. I think the only characters who have appeared more, are Monika (having Princess Connect over Albert) and of course, Bahamut

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Might sound condescending, but it's still funny to see people not understanding how leaker/Leaks work or thinking that someone being vague/having multiple/Contradicting information is just because they wanna be an attention ***** or something like that.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
If it's marketability, Albert is basically a second/third mascot. He's been in literally every Cygames IP but Princess Connect. I think the only characters who have appeared more, are Monika (having Princess Connect over Albert) and of course, Bahamut
Right but if they SPECIFICALLY wanna promote Granblue and the upcoming game Katalina will be in, would Katalina not have far more marketability?

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Oh I see... we’re not getting Isaac as the Golden Sun rep, we’re getting Garet.

In all seriousness I have no freakin idea who it would be if those three series are out of the running.
Yeah, I can only think Golden sun char or Magnus from Kid Icarus.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Might sound condescending, but it's still funny to see people not understanding how leaker/Leaks work or thinking that someone being vague/having multiple/Contradicting information is just because they wanna be an attention ***** or something like that.
Can't blame 'em with
"zilch" to "well actually" to "maybe confirmed" to "only hearing names"
Like...totally valid way to protect your sources but will understandably confuse people.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
The only reason I can see for not recognizing a first party swordsman is if they're from an unreleased/upcoming game. Unless it's some sword character from a super obscure game like Pandora's Tower or something, but I have no idea why they'd even bother with a franchise like that since I doubt they're planning a revival. And obscure characters would surely not sell very well as DLC.

Double K

Smash Lord
Right but if they SPECIFICALLY wanna promote Granblue and the upcoming game Katalina will be in, would Katalina not have far more marketability?
Even then it's kind of debatable, since

1) The reason we see Katalina as the player character in the gameplay trailer, was because what we know of the plot is that Gran/Djeeta and Lyria are out of commission and their life link got severed (hence the title). Beyond that, we know nothing of the plot, and

2) You can play as multiple characters in the game, notably the trailer showcased Rackam, Io and Percival, two party members and one gacha character-- the most popular male gacha character for that matter

If it's "we want to promote Re:Link" you could likely have picked anyone who was going ot be in the game. If it's to get GBF players to play Smash, lots of characters would take priority over Katalina

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Morpho Knight? That's the only other one I can think of. Galacta and Dark Meta Knight are both costumes so that pretty much deconfirms them.

Iridium

Smash Hero
...well, you're not wrong. Frustrating to see, but it's true.

So it's just Hitagi we're talking about? I don't want to get lost again.

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
If Fire Emblem is still in the running for the character then it’s 99% likely to be from that.

Noipoi

Howdy!
How many sword fighters are there not from Zelda, FE, or Xenoblade?
Ignoring generic NPCs and the like.

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
How many sword fighters are there not from Zelda, FE, or Xenoblade?
Ignoring generic NPCs and the like.
Golden Sun and Kid Icarus?

But Nintendo hasn’t given a **** about GS in 8 years and I don’t know if they would care enough to put a KI character as DLC. Magnus would be cool though if they did.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Where did Hitagi say it wasn't Fire Emblem/Zelda/Xenoblade? That's news to me.
Bumping this for the sake of getting an actual source on this. U Untouch provided Xenoblade (R.I.P. Elma), but what about Fire Emblem and/or Zelda?

Also, here's an idea:

What about Pandora's Tower and/or the Last Story? Both were games developed by Nintendo and were a part of Operation Rainfall, the successful campaign that brought those two games alongside Xenoblade Chronicles to the West. Pandora's Tower even saw a re-release on Wii U, proving it's on Nintendo's radar. A sequel/port of one of those two games could be coming up, and the characters could be added to promote it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom