• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So, I just cancelled my Smash pre-order at Best Buy because it said "delivered as early as December 31st" and the Canada Post strike had me concerned, plus the combination of Best Buy and Canada Post hasn't been particularly reliable lately.

I'm going to go digital with a Smash game for the first time and the only thing I'm regretting is that I won't get that pin that came with the pre-order.
At least you didn’t cancel it for a dumb reason.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I have a Spirit idea:

Jonesy (Fortnite)
Fighter: Mii Gunner, Link or Snake
Gimmick: Items spawn quite quickly (Most of them being gun-based items or explosive based), the character will go after them first before fighting you, will taunt obnoxiously, and will mostly use range attacks rather than normal melee attacks

Last edited:

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Can't wait for Eurogamer to call this the dark souls of Smash bros like they compared Crash and Spyro.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
We're getting either Lizalfos, Dinolfos, or Stalfos as the Nintendo Swordfighter DLC assuming Hitagi is right.

Everything else would be Fire Emblem or assumed-to-be Fire Emblem.

Stalfos would be great because it also has a shield and could probably pull from Stalchildren and the skeletons in the first couple of Zelda games.

Lizalfos and Dinolfos would be great because dinosaurs.

Last edited:

beans

Smash Lord
Can someone explain what the heck happened with the Hitagi claims.
Im confused.

TriggerX

Smash Ace
Since Hitagi said that they didn't know who the sword person was but "liked them the most because of their character design," someone should press them further and ask them what the character looks like. If Hitagi is legit (which I'm beginning to doubt), they shouldn't have much problem being more descriptive of the character besides "from nintendo and wields sword."
I have to agree with this statement.
Even if this Hitagi is legitimate, I dont see the point in keeping information from the general fan base. I have a feeling most of Hitagi's information is parroted or based on speculation. Does He/she have a decent track record that can be proved?

Ive bought season passes for games that in all honesty were not worth the price I paid for them. If there is more money involved, Id rather know what future dlc looks like if its already been confirmed.

Take DbZ Fighters for example, had I known Id be getting more "Gokus" I would have opted to purchase the characters individually I would actually use or had interest in.

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
I have to agree with this statement.
Even if this Hitagi is legitimate, I dont see the point in keeping information from the general fan base. I have a feeling most of Hitagi's information is parroted or based on speculation. Does He/she have a decent track record that can be proved?

Ive bought season passes for games that in all honesty were not worth the price I paid for them. If there is more money involved, Id rather know what future dlc looks like if its already been confirmed.

Take DbZ Fighters for example, had I known Id be getting more "Gokus" I would have opted to purchase the characters individually I would actually use or had interest in.
I am told they have a record but nobody tells what. It isn't any games i heard of cuz i knew about Vergeben before Smash. He leaked TMNT in Injustice 2 which i followed, and the existance of Soul Calibur 5.. No i didnt typo that.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Hitagi supposedly leaked Samurai Showdown or whatever it was, but I've seen people say it was leaked before (it being mentioned that Vergeben leaked it as well, not sure if true) so I'm not sure about that one. I think he also leaked the female Skullomania.

Of course those don't matter since he has yet to get anything right for Smash, but if he actually has sources who gave him this other info then he may be an actual "leaker" at least.

Last edited:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Hitagi supposedly leaked Samurai Showdown or whatever it was, but I've seen people say it was leaked before (it being mentioned that Vergeben leaked it as well, not sure if true) so I'm not sure about that one. I think he also leaked the female Skullomania.
But for what reason would he lie if he wasn't sure about the info? He knows how bad the backlash will be

Double K

Smash Lord
Since the Katalina of it all makes me suspicious he's added that bit because he's a fan of Granblue himself or something, I wouldn't be shocked if it's Euden from Dragalia.
nah, it seems he's more interested in fighting games since awhile back he leaked the new Samurai Showdown game, an announcement regarding Switch Hardware and in the same post or a post shortly after, talked about Cygames working with ArcSys works on a Granblue fighter and talks were in the works for Katalina in Smash. iirc, the post making the prediction predates Dragalia's official release

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
We're getting either Lizalfos, Dinolfos, or Stalfos as the Nintendo Swordfighter DLC assuming Hitagi is right.

Everything else would be Fire Emblem or assumed-to-be Fire Emblem.

Stalfos would be great because it also has a shield and could probably pull from Stalchildren and the skeletons in the first couple of Zelda games.

Lizalfos and Dinolfos would be great because dinosaurs.
We're getting The Hero's Shade, obviously. He's another Link semi-clone, except he's a super heavy and is somehow even slower.

Joking aside I'd actually be down for a Lizaflos. There's lot's of moveset potential there.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
But for what reason would he lie if he wasn't sure about the info? He knows how bad the backlash will be
Some people like to mess with others.

I'm not saying he is doing that, but it's hard not to entertain the idea when he does seem a little wishy-washy with some info compared to leakers we know are credible. He could be correct, I just want to wait for an announcement...

In the meantime, I shall continue using his "Nintendo Swordfighter" statement to justify my joke choices Lizalfos, Dinolfos and Stalfos.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Looking back, Loz was a bit clever talking about Skull Kid after gaining some credibility. Skull Kid certainly would have still become much more popular after the August direct even without Loz, but him mentioning Skull Kid definitely helped, and now Skull Kid’s one of the most popular first-party choices, almost back to his Brawl-pre Smash 4 glory days.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
The "Nintendo swordsman" could be Vaati... he hasn’t been seen wielding a sword, but he has won a swordfighting tournament — that's how he got access to the Picori Blade so he could shatter it. I'm not gonna get my hopes up, but it technically could happen...

Double K

Smash Lord
Here's a hottake

if Devil May Cry were going to get a rep, I'd much rather prefer Nero. He has a cooler moveset and that means they can use Devil Trigger in the trailer for him.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Only Nintendo Swordfighters I can think of are more Fire Emblem characters or Golden Sun but I doubt wither are going to happen.

Double K

Smash Lord
Or it’s too much for them to do they’re job properly. Or uphold integrity. Or literally stop being stupid.
Quite seriously, most game journalists are under significant time constraints to make their articles, sometimes as much as 48 hours to play the game and another 24 hours to get an article into the editor. They usually don't even get to choose their game either, or when they do, it's first come first serve, as was the case for the infamous Cuphead one. The journalist in question was not a platform player and acknowledged that the footage he took was not the best one because he doesn't get hte universal genre controls.

This case however lol

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
The "Nintendo swordsman" could be Vaati... he hasn’t been seen wielding a sword, but he has won a swordfighting tournament — that's how he got access to the Picori Blade so he could shatter it. I'm not gonna get my hopes up, but it technically could happen...
[–]CrimsonFireWolf 2 points 22 hours ago
I know you're getting ask random questions about which characters are in the DLC list. I just want to know one thing are we least getting another Zelda or Donkey Kong rep?

[–]Senjougahara__Hitagi[S] 1 point 22 hours ago
nope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom