• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Which victory pose/Clapping animation do you want from the characters you wanted?
I am highly disappointed that :ultpokemontrainer:'s clapping pose is no longer him hanging his head like it was in Brawl. That was a good reference to the stadium games. Really, I'd like everyone to be more 'in game personality' for that - don't be so happy if you're not a happy character, you lost. Give me snarling Ridley. Give me a Dorf threatening revenge. I can deal with 'sarcastic clapping' but I'd like more references to the parent games like the :ulticeclimbers:s crying

Now for Dovahkiin...

I got ideas for his victory poses here...
Victory 1: Camera zooms around as if it were a dragon as Dovahkiin looks up at it. Name appears right as camera flies in close and he shouts.
Victory 2: Dovahkiin kneels in prayer and seems to be absorbing a soul. Name appears as he looks up and opens his eyes.
Victory 3: Dovahkiin flies in on Paarthurnax. He dismounts and name appears as he looks heroically outward.
As for a clapping pose, he doesn't really have a set one...but there is the sarcastic clapping animation they use in Skyrim when you
kill the fake emperor and encounter Commander Maro on the bridge.
There's also the simple praying animation that many characters use around High Hrothgar where he's just kneeling with his head slightly bowed, which could fit really well as well.

For Tails...
I don't really have too many good ideas for victory poses other than ones with him flying around (If we got a Tails as a Sonic echo, I'd be okay if they just kept his free flight to the victory poses. He would fit well with an enthusiastic clapping animation though, and I'd hope he cheers and fist pumps instead of just clapping.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I am highly disappointed that :ultpokemontrainer:'s clapping pose is no longer him hanging his head like it was in Brawl. That was a good reference to the stadium games. Really, I'd like everyone to be more 'in game personality' for that - don't be so happy if you're not a happy character, you lost. Give me snarling Ridley. Give me a Dorf threatening revenge. I can deal with 'sarcastic clapping' but I'd like more references to the parent games like the :ulticeclimbers:s crying
Couldn't agree more - when we've got so many villains on the roster this time round, why should they all be good sports? Mario Striker's Charged was great for showing that characters (even heroes) could get mighty salty at a loss.

MainJPW

M.T.A
I want a Spirit of a character that didn't originate in a video game. for the chaos
A character, like...just the character itself not originating IN a video game rather than a video game franchise? Amy and Charmy already have a Spirit and they appeared in a manga first.

I would also say Koopa Bros. who appeared in a manga 9 years prior to Paper Mario:

But they probably won’t get one...damn it. NOW I want Paper Mario.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Here's an idea for a spirit battle.

Spirit: Sawsbuck
Opponents: Isabelle (Summer Outfit) and Isabelle (Winter Outfit)
Special Effects: Both Isabelle's have a healing effect while you take small amounts of damage over time.

It references Sawsbuck's appearance changing with the seasons, as well as its signature move, Horn Leech.

owjies

Smash Journeyman
Did we ever find out what Takashi Tokita's (Chrono Trigger director) "secret mission" Switch tease meant? Fortune Street 30th Anniversary for the PS4 looks like his most recent credit.

Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
On the site, one of the versions has a ‘ (dash symbol), so presumably it’s just a reference to echoes.
watches as hidden Echo Fighter theories run wild
I have a silly dream where they'll show a different cut of the reversed trailer and zoom into Shadow's AT, showing that he is the one causing time to flow backwards with Chaos Control. They spring the surprise that speculation was right and Shadow is Sonic's Echo Fighter while also still being an Assist Trophy.

I know, I know, it's not happening. But a man can dream can't he?

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
No,no,no.

Anything but.
I don't understand this response. Anything but K Rool? The super armor does anything but help him? I'm scratching my head here lol, I said many things in my post!

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I got some ideas for a Soldier Mook from Fire Emblem:

Victory Poses:
Pose 1: Wipes his forehead as he prones his lance, and places his hands next to his hips (Basically the Soldier's Victory pose in Fates)
Pose 2: Throws his lance upwards, turns around and catches it behind him, looking at the screen with a stern face (There's a chance were he'll miss and awkwardly looks at the lance on the floor) (A reference to both the Basara class victory animation, as well as the pose from the Merchant class)
Pose 3: Spins his lance all around him till he makes a huge thrust angled towards the screen
What if his F-Smash is the Crit. of the General (W/ Lance and chain) from the GBA FE games?

Last edited:

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Since Hitagi said that they didn't know who the sword person was but "liked them the most because of their character design," someone should press them further and ask them what the character looks like. If Hitagi is legit (which I'm beginning to doubt), they shouldn't have much problem being more descriptive of the character besides "from nintendo and wields sword."

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
...Opinions can be wrong, just saying.
I mean yeah, but when it’s subjective like a game series then opinions are not.

It’s wrong when it’s offensive. For example “blacks are terrible people” that’s a wrong opinion because it’s offensive and rude. My distaste towards a series isn’t wrong because I’m not offending anyone with my opinion.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Since Hitagi said that they didn't know who the sword person was but "liked them the most because of their character design," someone should press them further and ask them what the character looks like. If Hitagi is legit (which I'm beginning to doubt), they shouldn't have much problem being more descriptive of the character besides "from nintendo and wields sword."
Since the Katalina of it all makes me suspicious he's added that bit because he's a fan of Granblue himself or something, I wouldn't be shocked if it's Euden from Dragalia.

And yikes. As someone said I don't mind Dragalia, but Euden isn't much more than ''I look a lot like Shulk but have elements of Corrin."

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Since the Katalina of it all makes me suspicious he's added that bit because he's a fan of Granblue himself or something, I wouldn't be shocked if it's Euden from Dragalia.

And yikes. As someone said I don't mind Dragalia, but Euden isn't much more than ''I look a lot like Shulk but have elements of Corrin."
I can't be the only one suspicious that Hitagi is playing off the community joke of "too many swords", can I?
Euden is very recent so I don't know what that says about his chances for DLC either.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Oh to hell with it, here is my prediction list:
- Steve from Minecraft
- a Fire Emblem rep (another one)
- Crash Bandicoot
- Sora from Kingdom Hearts
- Some random out of nowhere character™

Nintrendo

Smash Cadet
I can't be the only one suspicious that Hitagi is playing off the community joke of "too many swords", can I?
Euden is very recent so I don't know what that says about his chances for DLC either.
I think many things hitagi says are contradicting and its honestly just a joke now similar to loz may have had info before but doesnt now. The only reason Euden would possibly be considered is to get more people to play Dragalia

Pakky

Smash Hero
I don't understand this response. Anything but K Rool? The super armor does anything but help him? I'm scratching my head here lol, I said many things in my post!
The king will be high tier sorry for the misunderstanding

beans

Smash Lord

So you meaning to say that he is madlibbing his favorite character in, just like LoZ.
Poetic

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
I think many things hitagi says are contradicting and its honestly just a joke now similar to loz may have had info before but doesnt now. The only reason Euden would possibly be considered is to get more people to play Dragalia
Yeah the way Hitagi's "leaking" stuff sounds very unprofessional, more like a child giddily playing with others if you ask me.

Someone on ResetEra brought up a good point about Katalina being a Japan-only character, as that would go against Sakurai's general rule about excluding characters that aren't known worldwide (Marth and Roy were nearly taken out of localized Melee, Lucas was only added because Mother 3 was expected to be localized, and Takamaru was cut because of his lack of public knowledge). Of course Sakurai changes his mind a lot so who knows.

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
Why some people expect another fire emblem character when rex is too new?

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
So, I just cancelled my Smash pre-order at Best Buy because it said "delivered as early as December 31st" and the Canada Post strike had me concerned, plus the combination of Best Buy and Canada Post hasn't been particularly reliable lately.

I'm going to go digital with a Smash game for the first time and the only thing I'm regretting is that I won't get that pin that came with the pre-order.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
So what's this news about a reversed video( got a link to such), Chrono, hidden characters and whatnot?

Any news possibly attached to Phoenix Wright joining the fight?

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
In other news relating to my tinfoil hat conspiracy for F-Zero... Falcon's final smash has a wild redesign.
Most notably the wings on the Blue Falcon and the new track...

It's based off of old Mute City??? And the Blue Falcon now has wings on it like the Falcon Punch...

Sakurai please just tell us if this means a new F-Zero game or if its just something you decided to update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom