• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
It's that, but also a game about staring at a pretty CSS and then taking to the internet to complain about who isn't on it.
I'd probably complain if Creeper, Banjo-Kazooie, Geno, Skull Kid, Gengar, Porky, etc. aren't on it.

Wait, no, as much as I want them, I don't care in the end, I like them regardless.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
As somebody who only owns Chrono Trigger for the DS, that **** is so cash and it'd be my favorite RPG of all time if Thousand-Year Door and Bowser's Inside Story didn't exist. (Why does Mario make the best damn RPGs?)

Chrono would be awesome, but he's arguably a relic of the past. The only real 'continuation' we got is Chrono Cross, and I don't wanna think about that.

Last edited:

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Since we are talking about unpopular opinions (such as all star fox games apparently suck) I’ll insert mine:

All Shin Megami and Persona games are trash games.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I’ll do you one better: Awakening is the most overrated game in existence. I know it’s not Star Fox, but still.
Which universe do you live in and why Sonic Colors never released in there?
All games, if sufficiently hyped, are over-rated.

Be careful with your "It's the best thing ever!" hyperbole, kids, it could end up hurting your case (link to related video).

osby

Smash Obsessed
Since we are talking about unpopular opinions (such as all star fox games apparently suck) I’ll insert mine:

I'm not going down to "your idea is wrong" route, because that's stupid. But I'm really tempted.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Here's an unpopular opinion: If your unpopular opinion has nothing to do with Smash you should get a spam infraction.
Keep the Smash thread about Smash, people.

Just a reminder that I called this and I would pull up the post to prove it if I knew how to find it.
You weren't exactly subtle about it.
Bold of you to assume I was going for subtlety. :p

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
So, SSBU talk:

I'm REALLY excited about K Rool. I've been hoping for him since after Brawl, and it's great to have him.

I think he's going to be low tier... but I don't care. Tiers only matter for tournaments. So don't worry if your favorite character is low on the tier list... they're probably fine to play against your friends (unless they're super competitive).

But I keep hearing Sm4sh professionals talk about how K Rool is going to be good. I'm willing to bet that he'll be considered good for the first 2 weeks, and then he'll go to bottom tier after a few months at most :'(

But I think the super armor is going to help him a lot. And he just looks so fun to play!! :)

D

Deleted member

PoPuLAR GAeMZ is Da TraeSh.

This is a good post that contributes a lot to conversation. :4pacman:

D

Deleted member

My finger is dangerously close to the exterminatus button.

D

Deleted member

Here's an unpopular opinion: If your unpopular opinion has nothing to do with Smash you should get a spam infraction.
Keep the Smash thread about Smash, people.

Bold of you to assume I was going for subtlety. :p
people here gave your leak at least two minutes of thought and that's why it's sinnable

Pakky

Smash Hero
So, SSBU talk:

I'm REALLY excited about K Rool. I've been hoping for him since after Brawl, and it's great to have him.

I think he's going to be low tier... but I don't care. Tiers only matter for tournaments. So don't worry if your favorite character is low on the tier list... they're probably fine to play against your friends (unless they're super competitive).

But I keep hearing Sm4sh professionals talk about how K Rool is going to be good. I'm willing to bet that he'll be considered good for the first 2 weeks, and then he'll go to bottom tier after a few months at most :'(

But I think the super armor is going to help him a lot. And he just looks so fun to play!! :)
No,no,no.

Anything but.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Anywho, any characters you're hoping show up as spirits?

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
K so, let's assume that for Smash 4 and Smash Ultimate, while music rights and cost for them were why we only got two MIDI songs for Midgar, that still wouldn't stop Sakurai from trying to get more Final Fantasy music into Smash Bros.

New DLC trailer drops. Bunch of characters duking it out on Battlefield or something, Cloud's one of those said characters. It's an in-game trailer. Suddenly,

View attachment 177599

Black feather floats down in front of Cloud. Cue One-Winged Angel. Sephiroth's the Square-Enix rep for DLC, complete with Planet's Core stage. How d'you react?
I would absolutely love that decision. It nets us more villain representation, Sephiroth is a cool player, and hey, anything to suggest more Final Fantasy on the Switch!

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
So, help me out so I don't feel ****ing crazy;
Does anyone remember there being a "Leak thread" a long while back that talked about Incineroar and Ken sharing a trailer? I ask because it turned out their description of it was scarily accurate to the real thing and I don't remember if they said anything else.

D

Deleted member

My unpopular opinion is that unpopular opinions are just an a thinly-veiled excuse for ****ting on things other people like.
I know the Wonderful Ones are returning and Nino is there too so if we get some actual Square Spirits then I pray for Crono. Also, Joshua. He was a sticker in brawl, bring him back, Sakurai, pls.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think the whole "Rex can't be in Smash" is overblown. In general, I feel like people are coming up with their own rules with DLC rather than just observing what happened.

Nintendo is choosing the DLC but Sakurai made the game. He has even mentioned the DLC line-up was just completed. You are talking about two different parties involved here. One made the game and has placed things like the spirits or the Mii costumes in and the other is another entity (though publishing the game) that is deciding what they want. Rex is popular, XC2 did very well and Nintendo sees Smash as pushing their IPs. I don't think they'd say "Oh, we can't add him because of this Mii costume." More likely Sakurai's comment was about the main game, not the DLC.
Then why have the costume at all. If he’s gonna be one of the 5, that costume will become a pretty worthless bonus

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Of course. Though, I'll assume you played every single one and making an educated criticism.
Yes actually. My brother likes them so he ends up buying them. I played through them. I’ve tried to get into the series and I just absolutely hate it.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So, help me out so I don't feel ****ing crazy;
Does anyone remember there being a "Leak thread" a long while back that talked about Incineroar and Ken sharing a trailer? I ask because it turned out their description of it was scarily accurate to the real thing and I don't remember if they said anything else.
I remember a thread like that, but they also made up other info for a Direct and in the Smash Bros. trailer Little Mac had to use the bathroom, and the Koopalings were in it.

Not sure if it's the same one you're thinking of, though.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Honestly, there are a lot of characters I'd hope show up in some way, and I'll take spirits if I have to.

I'd love to see some love for Soul Calibur characters. Granted, they haven't really been with Nintendo since SCII unless you count that spinoff that went nowhere, so Ivy as the white-haired Bayo would be really fun to see. Ditto Siegfried/Nightmare as Ike.

Playable Dovahkiin is the dream, but I'll only be disappointed for a bit if he's in as a spirit. Now if they go and throw him in as one of our 5 DLC slots, then we can get Alduin (Ridley...too bad the black color is gone) or Paarthurnax (White Meta Ridley or Charizard. Or Mario, considering voice actors...), that would be incredible.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Tiers be damned, I've been waiting to officially play as Ridley and Dark Samus for years and nothing's gonna stop me.
- E-123 Omega to round out Team Dark
- Every Robot Master and every Maverick
- Deirdre and Julia from FE4 since we've already seen Sigurd and Seliph
- Blade Spirits from XC2, only one we've seen so far is Pyra
- U-Mos from Prime 2 and the bounty hunters that appeared in Prime 3 and Hunters
- A Satoru Iwata Spirit

D

Deleted member

Spiderman would be a neat option. I mean, even SMT got in the action.

If not Spiderman, then any Pokémon that I like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom