• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
This is a stupid argument. Anyone that has ever watched Digimon KNOWS Tai would end up in fist fights plenty of times. And red being taller than Tai has more to do with the fact that 10 year olds are freaking tall in the pokémon universe.

There not being a limit for Superman is pretty obvious when you consider how much stars there are in the universe. And the fact that he draws his power from stars. It's not hard to understand.

The whole point of death battle is death. If one does not beat the other to death, then no one was going all out. So I don't understand that last sentence of yours. Besides the match-up was requested multiple times so there's your reason for why it exists.

What does NLF stand for?

They always use composite characters so this is nothing new.

I think you should watch that episode again and not skip to the fight

Why even mention it then? You're just coming off as childish now.

The fight itself is for entertainment so it had nothing to do with Bats winning

That statement doesn't even matter.

Don't blame me for correcting your false assumptions

Can we talk about Smash now? Unless someone wants to move it over to the social thread
Do moderators have problems with people going off topic?

Pakky

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure Witch time and Quicksilver cancel each other out so there isn't an advantage for either one

Not to mention Dante has a faster base speed due to the rain drop feat at least to my knowledge
That doesn't make sense though. That's like saying a common lighter expells more fire than a flamethrower

'Quicksliver activates' Witch-Time, and then another Witch-Time can be stacked on top

Last edited:

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
Can't wait to see the thread writhe in agony if all we get from the VGA is Metroid Prime 4 news.
Especially since I've been waiting for it for a year and a half now.

D

Deleted member

This is a stupid argument. Anyone that has ever watched Digimon KNOWS Tai would end up in fist fights plenty of times. And red being taller than Tai has more to do with the fact that 10 year olds are freaking tall in the pokémon universe.

There not being a limit for Superman is pretty obvious when you consider how much stars there are in the universe. And the fact that he draws his power from stars. It's not hard to understand.

The whole point of death battle is death. If one does not beat the other to death, then no one was going all out. So I don't understand that last sentence of yours. Besides the match-up was requested multiple times so there's your reason for why it exists.

What does NLF stand for?

They always use composite characters so this is nothing new.

I think you should watch that episode again and not skip to the fight

Why even mention it then? You're just coming off as childish now.

The fight itself is for entertainment so it had nothing to do with Bats winning

That statement doesn't even matter.

Don't blame me for correcting your false assumptions

Can we talk about Smash now? Unless someone wants to move it over to the social thread
1. I already said I agreed with the outcome of the fight, just that the scene looked stupid as ****

2. literally what the **** is this supposed to mean Goku at this point is universal and outdoes superman hard af in speed when not using random outliers that aren't consistent with Supes normal showings

3. I meant that the concept of death battles needing to end in death is dumbass. Why not just be true to the characters and have them have a normal fight

4. No Limits Fallacy, look it up

5. It's still dumb to mix up the anime and games considering that they contradict each other in canon sometimes

6. sure I might be mistaken

7. Because Toph's sandbending in ATLA has very little explanation and we have no idea if/how it would even work in a situation like it was put in the fight

8. I agree with the outcome but it's still dumbass to set rules and then don't use them in the animations

9. It's still an utterly stupid dumbass sack of **** explanation

I can mention more if you want, like Cloud V Link where they didn't even bring up Magic Armor or some other bs to bull**** Link to winning or Tracer V Scout where the animation was NOT consistent to the explanations, like, at all. I get that the animations apparently have nothing to do with the actual fight but it's dumbass to not be consistent because it makes it look unprofessional as ****

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Remember how Hitagi said we'd get a 1st-party Sword fighter?

100% betting on this:

edit: hold on lemme fix it

edit 2: server won't work -.- It's Lizalfos from Zelda.

edit 3: yeah it's not working, shows up when you quote though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There's plenty to talk about.

It's just that it's not related to characters, and that's the only time anyone wants to talk about anything. :p
Final roster is revealed and all anyone wants to talk about is DLC characters.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Crono is the most likely Square Enix rep now.
And for me , this means the game will be complete for a reason.

For the people from the Smash Bros Brawl speculation Era
Crono was one of the most requested characters on that time

Im ready for some great music from Chrono Trigger!

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
We been talkong about tiger the dark since verge mentioned him 5 months ago, there aint much I wanna say about him any more.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
So, judging from Hitagi's statements (not hearing about any Xenoblade characters, hearing about a Fire Emblem rep but not knowing if it's true), it sounds like the sword user might be from Three Houses. But she also said that she likes the character's design, and Byleth doesn't really have an interesting design imo, and Edelgard is an axe user. So who could it be? Is it not from Fire Emblem after all?

Maybe I'm forgetting a Nintendo character that uses swords idk. Dragalia Lost maybe? Saki?

D

Deleted member

We been talkong about tiger the dark since verge mentioned him 5 months ago, there aint much I wanna say about him any more.
Fair enough. Can't really complain if you're sick of Tony, it's just that there's 75+ characters depending on how you want to count but all anyone wants to talk about is what else is coming. It just seems really greedy do me, like no one can be satisfied, and it's a shame.

I dunno, I'm content with having all vets back and really couldn't care less about who gets in at this point. Maybe I'm the weird one.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Even if it wasn't exaggeration (somehow not breaking so many rules of reason and physics) and it DID have infinite pages then it's obviously a major outlier and really shouldn't be taken into consideration
Goku was able to use Super Saiyan Blue in the second Death Battle, which means it came out after Resurrection F.

I never actually saw RF (I watched the Super version instead), but didn't Frieza destroy the Earth, while exhausted, in his Final Form (his base form, but most people think his first form is his base) by pushing kind of hard? And shortly thereafter, Goku was shown in Super to cause ripples through Space that caused planets to disintegrate while fighting Beerus, which is something they brought up as a feat for Ultron, I think, just last week.

People seriously underestimate just how powerful the Dragon Ball characters are, Goku is leagues more powerful than Gotenks and Super Buu, who were both able to rip open holes in Space-Time by screaming.

The weakest member of the team (Yamcha) is more than capable of destroying the Earth if he wanted to, he just doesn't because why would he?
Anyway, boy, that Smash Bros., huh?

People are welcome to tag me elsewhere if you want the Death Battle conversation to continue, I find discussions like this geniunely interesting.
Because we only want to talk about the things we don't know about, Tougon!

Why would we talk about the things we're aware of?

Seriously, there's tons of stuff we could talk about if people are tiring of the DLC conversation (like hypothetical Spirit Battles).

MainJPW

M.T.A
Remember how Hitagi said we'd get a 1st-party Sword fighter?

100% betting on this:

edit: hold on lemme fix it

edit 2: server won't work -.- It's Lizalfos from Zelda.

edit 3: yeah it's not working, shows up when you quote though.
He looks cool:

It would also mean people can’t complain about him being a humanoid/anime swordsman. :)

osby

Smash Obsessed
Goku was able to use Super Saiyan Blue in the second Death Battle, which means it came out after Resurrection F.

I never actually saw RF (I watched the Super version instead), but didn't Frieza destroy the Earth, while exhausted, in his Final Form (his base form, but most people think his first form is his base) by pushing kind of hard? And shortly thereafter, Goku was shown in Super to cause ripples through Space that caused planets to disintegrate while fighting Beerus, which is something they brought up as a feat for Ultron, I think, just last week.

People seriously underestimate just how powerful the Dragon Ball characters are, Goku is leagues more powerful than Gotenks and Super Buu, who were both able to rip open holes in Space-Time by screaming.

The weakest member of the team (Yamcha) is more than capable of destroying the Earth if he wanted to, he just doesn't because why would he?
Anyway, boy, that Smash Bros., huh?

People are welcome to tag me elsewhere if you want the Death Battle conversation to continue, I find discussions like this geniunely interesting.

Because we only want to talk about the things we don't know about, Tougon!

Why would we talk about the things we're aware of?

Seriously, there's tons of stuff we could talk about if people are tiring of the DLC conversation (like hypothetical Spirit Battles).
I'm all for Spirits battles. I was wondering how they were going to handle Sonic characters but it seems they could work around them without sticking to anthros, like how Blaze possesses female Robin in her pink alt.

You guys have any ideas for Amy or Tails?

ThreeT

Smash Apprentice
So, judging from Hitagi's statements (not hearing about any Xenoblade characters, hearing about a Fire Emblem rep but not knowing if it's true), it sounds like the sword user might be from Three Houses. But she also said that she likes the character's design, and Byleth doesn't really have an interesting design imo, and Edelgard is an axe user. So who could it be? Is it not from Fire Emblem after all?

Maybe I'm forgetting a Nintendo character that uses swords idk. Dragalia Lost maybe? Saki?
We don't much about Tree Houses so it could be a character we don't know about. Also isn't Edelgard able to teach the protagonist about sword skills and not just axe skills so she may be able to wield a sword too. (Can't check because I'm in school, but I'm quite sure)

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'm all for Spirits battles. I was wondering how they were going to handle Sonic characters but it seems they could work around them without sticking to anthros, like how Blaze possesses female Robin in her pink alt.

You guys have any ideas for Amy or Tails?
Amy - King Dedede... because hammers.
Tails - Fox in his Orange alt.

I had an idea for a Tiny Tiger Spirit Battle if Crash gets in; it involves Incineroar spamming his Up-B.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Can they cancel Three Houses and make Tree Houses instead?
They should distribute all information about the game through Nintendo Treehouse broadcasts.

D

Deleted member

How about they cancel Three Houses and make an RPG involving the characters of Littlest Pet Shop in an original story with Xenoblade-esque gameplay and the relationship mechanics of Miitopia

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
D

Deleted member

Sounds like a horrible idea.
What about an RPG involving the characters of Littlest Pet Shop in an original story with Xenoblade-esque gameplay and the relationship mechanics of Miitopia? :p

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
They should cancel Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and tell everyone the whole game was just a promotional stunt for the Grinch movie funded by the government.

D

Deleted member

How about they cancel Three Houses and make Fire Emblem into a Golden Sun and SMT inspired JRPG series?
Only if that game is a sequel to Dark Dawn so that Isaac still has his super good Dark Dawn design instead of reverting back to stupid kid Isaac.

D

Deleted member

Only if that game is a sequel to Dark Dawn so that Isaac still has his super good Dark Dawn design instead of reverting back to stupid kid Isaac.
Better yet, why not turn Fire Emblem into a Tales inspidered action series?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom