• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Honestly the real ****show is if KHIII ain't on the most anticipated list and it's only Western **** that will be out in 1/2 years.

D

Deleted member

Honestly the real REAL ****show is gonna be how pissed I am when Celeste doesn't win Game of the Year.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I don't know why people seriously expected Smash to be nominated when it literally doesn't release until a day after The Game Awards.

D

Deleted member

Honestly the real ****show is if KHIII ain't on the most anticipated list and it's only Western **** that will be out in 1/2 years.
The question is how the hell has it not been in that category before? I mean, I guess because of "lol what's a release date" but still.

I'm also probably gonna bet that Smash Ultimate will probably be snubbed for next years VGAs.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Is Octopath in the Best RPG category? Not that I think it deserves that award, but I'm curious.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Goku vs Superman would probably be a no contest. If it were an actual cross-over, they'd probably start fighting until something more important comes up that leaves the fight with no result.

I also think they tried to claim Super Saiyan God was "mysticism" and not "magic". Here's a question, would Stephen Strange's spells not work on Superman then? Because that's mysticism (and in certain continuities, not considered "magic").

I'm not saying Superman wouldn't still win (because he probably would). Superman isn't necessarily weak to magic, it just effects him the same as any other person, if Super Saiyan God could be considered magic, the only benefit this would provide Goku is that Goku would be able to damage Superman like a normal person, but this doesn't mean Superman can't... you know... fight back.

That is until Goku resorts to using Destruction Energy (which he can do in the DBS manga), and atomises Superman.
Ya'll know that Death Battle ain't nothing but mouth farts most of the time right?

Witch Time being beat by Quick Sliver from DMC? Alright fam.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I just realized..
>Dragon-Quest vs Octopath Traveler In RPG category.

So... who's ready for a Bravely Default Characters if Octopath win? #Agnesleakwasreal :4pacman:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Here's something I noticed:

If LeakyPandy is to be believed (lol). Marketing for SE is worried that their game will lose to a Western game at the VGAs, the way their statement is worded it makes it sound like there are multiple western games in the running.

The thing about the Best RPG (the category Dragon Quest is in) category is that only one of the games is Western. 4/5 of the games are Japanese.

Do with that what you will.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

If LeakyPandy is to be believed (lol). Marketing for SE is worried that their game will lose to a Western game at the VGAs, the way their statement is worded it makes it sound like there are multiple western games in the running.

The thing about the Best RPG (the category Dragon Quest is in) category is that only one of the games is Western. 4/5 of the games are Japanese.

The way you worded it absolutely does not imply more than one though.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I don't know why people seriously expected Smash to be nominated when it literally doesn't release until a day after The Game Awards.
Because the game is just that great, obviously.
Ya'll know that Death Battle ain't nothing but mouth farts most of the time right?

Witch Time being beat by Quick Sliver from DMC? Alright fam.
Yeah, but speculation is fun. Power-scaling too when done responsibly.

I don't actually know enough about DMC to be able to say anything about Dante's victory over Bayonetta, please enlighten me,

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I just realized..
>Dragon-Quest vs Octopath Traveler In RPG category.

So... who's ready for a Bravely Default Characters if Octopath win? #Agnesleakwasreal :4pacman:
Oh you'd best believe I'm ready.

Anyway, folks--since we're at an impasse with believing/disbelieving Hitagi and (let's be honest) are just here to kill sometime until the 7th, a little game: If your most-wanted were to get in, what stage, music tracks, and (for the hell of it) Spirits boss and AT would they come with?

Stage
  • Temple of Earth
Music
Assist Trophy/Trophies
  • Edea
  • Alternis
Boss
  • Orthros

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If they were hoping to win Game of the Year, they had absolutely no chance at all. The games line-up this year, while a bit scarcer than last year, definitely held up last year's insanity.

But then again, we are talking about someone who steals Spawn's sources so yeet lol

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Haven't played Octopath so I can't comment on it but DQXI was great.

When did they say this?

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Oh you'd best believe I'm ready.

Anyway, folks--since we're at an impasse with believing/disbelieving Hitagi and (let's be honest) are just here to kill sometime until the 7th, a little game: If your most-wanted were to get in, what stage, music tracks, and (for the hell of it) Spirits boss and AT would they come with?

Stage
  • Temple of Earth
Music
Assist Trophy/Trophies
  • Edea
  • Alternis
Boss
  • Orthos
Thanks to remind me.that Bravely's OST is sex for the ears.

Also I'll be sad if we can't get the 4 Main characters as one Characters with alt with one colors each if they have a job change Moveset since they're all "the same"

osby

Smash Obsessed
I don't actually know enough about DMC to be able to say anything about Dante's victory over Bayonetta, please enlighten me,[/SPOILER]
You don't need to know anything about DMC, just know that Bayonetta once punched the God and send her soul flying to the core of the sun. From Pluton.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Thanks to remind me.that Bravely's OST is sex for the ears.

Also I'll be sad if we can't get the 4 Main characters as one Characters with alt with one colors each if they have a job change Moveset since they're all "the same"
It's a possibility like Bowser Jr., but I'm not sure if we have a precedent for characters getting completely new taunts/victory poses per skin. I don't think you could faithfully layer the same kind of personality over each party member since they're all so distinct. (Though if we could, I'd happily take each character with their Default/Second appearances for a total of 8 skins...)

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

From what I remember them saying, it's because it would be a "political move" against the game, not exactly a Western game, which is why everyone assumed they meant Dragon Quest.

Did they say something new?

Untouch

Smash Master

They also suggested that they didn't know the nominations yet, they only said that DQXI's nomination was "likely", not confirmed.

D

Deleted member

I don't know why people care about the awards so much. TBH they don't really matter all that much.

D

Deleted member

I don't know why people care about the awards so much. TBH they don't really matter all that much.
The Game Awards is a bit different. Award shows would usually just announce nominees.

VGAs announced Bayonetta 3.

Can't help but feel a tiny bit interested.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
They don't matter but they're fun to watch.
You don't watch it for the awards themselves except to make a drinking game bet.

You watch it for the memes and announcement :4pacman:

KMDP

Smash Legend
You don't need to know anything about DMC, just know that Bayonetta once punched the God and send her soul flying to the core of the sun. From Pluton.
Ah. I see.
The VGAs won't matter until game companies start putting the accolades into their marketing, which they probably won't do.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
LeakyPandy just said that SE thought the game would be snubbed because of political reasons/controversy, obviously referring to DQXI. And it is indeed nominated, and probably won't win, although most people could have predicted that.

D

Deleted member

The only thing that this year's VGAs has done right was having Josef Fares as a nominee for Best Moment 2017.

****ing deserves it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom