• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
I just realized that it's the 13th and the mini direct leak still hasn't been confirmed....
Dang...

maybe we aren't getting one????

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
It's not like Death Battle hasn't done multiple DBs with a single character. Usually it's for rematches, but they've had Batman fight both Spiderman and Black Panther before.

I like Death Battle, but it has lots of problems (like the fact that a lot of their battles end up playing out the same way).

Incidentally, I believe Tifa vs Yang is considered among the worst ones, and it's the only Death Battle I haven't watched, because I'd rather not see one of my favourite characters get brutally decapitated, thanks Wiz and Boomstick. For those who don't know, Screw Attack (makers of Death Battle) merged with Rooster Teeth (makers of RWBY) around the time YvT was made and they made it to essentially shill how powerful Yang was (in the process fudging the numbers to accomplish it).
I feel I should inform you, Tifa doesn't get decapitated. Just gets her neck snapped.

Still rigged af though lol

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Not on this console, but on the next one, which may release around 2024 or so. There's no way they'd make a second smash game on this console. But if they start developing the next smash game for the next console on a prototype of the next console in 2020, that could give them four years or so to develop it, allowing them to include every character plus a bunch of new characters. I'm just saying the fact that dlc ends in 2020 tells me that they'll probably start on the next game for the next console shortly after dlc ends
i dunno about that with rumors of the Switch Pro abound..

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
KOS-MOS is Namco's crossover baby and has eclipsed the popularity of her own series. She also had her appearance as a Rare Blade in Xenoblade 2 (not DLC, I might add) which shows that Bamco has no ill will towards Monolith Soft and is very willing to play ball.

If you want more info I highly suggest you visit the KOS-MOS thread which you can access from my signature.
Even still, if Rex isn't playable in smash, I don't think her chances are good. Is she a Bandai Namco character?

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Even still, if Rex isn't playable in smash, I don't think her chances are good. Is she a Bandai Namco character?
Yes she is, and she's been making constant appearances even after Xenosaga III, like the Project X Zone games. She's very much on the table for a new Bandai-Namco character.

D

Deleted member

Nintendo themselves said that the 11/1 Direct was the final Smash Direct; if there's a direct coming, I dont think there'd be any Smash info in it. Best shot for something is probably post-release during the VGA's. The announcement of a port that won awards at VGAs along with an appearance as the first DLC pack in Smash (to help promote the release of the port).

D

Deleted member

If Rex isn't in then a Xeno rep would probably be Elma tbh

Last edited by a moderator:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Yes she is, and she's been making constant appearances even after Xenosaga III, like the Project X Zone games. She's very much on the table for a new Bandai-Namco character.
As cool as she would be, I wouldn't get my hopes up too much, especially after how many highly requested characters got deconfirmed for the base roster. If it were me, I'd hope for her inclusion, but not expect it to happen

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Yes, that is true, but I'd still feel very much contented with her inclusion. :)
I don't think we're getting a Xenoblade rep in this game. Rex is more well known than Elma and I think his chances were better than hers. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Six to eight years is about average for a system's lifespan, so 2024 or 2025 makes sense to me to release the next system
I still think its rushing it a little.. And lets be honest theyd make just as much on a second season pass as they would inevitably for smash bros on the nintendo whatevertheyllcallit.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Nintendo themselves said that the 11/1 Direct was the final Smash Direct; if there's a direct coming, I dont think there'd be any Smash info in it. Best shot for something is probably post-release during the VGA's. The announcement of a port that won awards at VGAs along with an appearance as the first DLC pack in Smash (to help promote the release of the port).
I just keep imagining how funny it would be for this supposed mini-Direct to start with the Smash logo and make everyone panic.
As cool as she would be, I wouldn't get my hopes up too much, especially after how many highly requested characters got deconfirmed for the base roster. If it were me, I'd hope for her inclusion, but not expect it to happen
My hopes aren't high at all, I'm just making a case for her.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I still think its rushing it a little.. And lets be honest theyd make just as much on a second season pass as they would inevitably for smash bros on the nintendo whatevertheyllcallit.
They would make a lot of money, yes, but I still think it'll only be one year of dlc, just like smash 4. The fact that the direct stated that dlc will run until February 2020 tells me that 2020 will be the end of new content for this game, and the only way I'll think differently is if Nintendo announces a second wave of dlc. Otherwise, I believe this is all we're getting. I was thinking too optimistically about this game until this last direct, so now I'm trying to think more realistically and less optimistically

KMDP

Smash Legend
I feel I should inform you, Tifa doesn't get decapitated. Just gets her neck snapped.

Still rigged af though lol
Same difference! (Thanks, it's been a while since I read the synopsis, text leaves less of an impact than visuals)

To be honest, I find Death Battle flawed in general, because I don't like the "Death" part of the equation (especially because of how... gruesome some of them get).

Goku vs. Superman Round 2 probably had the best killing in the series, because it's actually something Superman would do (leaving aside the fact that Superman wouldn't kill Goku in the first place).

D

Deleted member

Same difference! (Thanks, it's been a while since I read the synopsis, text leaves less of an impact than visuals)

To be honest, I find Death Battle flawed in general, because I don't like the "Death" part of the equation (especially because of how... gruesome some of them get).

Goku vs. Superman Round 2 probably had the best killing in the series, because it's actually something Superman would do (leaving aside the fact that Superman wouldn't kill Goku in the first place).
also aside from the fact that there is no way superman could kill goku in the first place lmao

Death Battle does this thing where they just choose which character is going to win and then build their evidence around that outcome rather then the other way. They also don't use things where it makes sense even when the outcome is plausible

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I don’t think dlc pack characters will be revealed just yet...though a game port is a yes

osby

Smash Obsessed
The thing that throws spike traps in the Mario games.

How about instead someone cool an or complex you just get him... and they ask you for 5.99 in order to play him.
Then don't buy him. It must be easier than buying him, not to mention cheaper.

Untouch

Smash Master
TGAs nominations are on.
DQXI got a nomination for best RPG (to no one's surprise), wasn't a most anticipated category.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
also aside from the fact that there is no way superman could kill goku in the first place lmao

Death Battle does this thing where they just choose which character is going to win and then build their evidence around that outcome rather then the other way. They also don't use things where it makes sense even when the outcome is plausible
It's like you didn't dig deep enough in VS debates

Rarely are the fights wrong and as someone who's subscribed to Roosterteeth and watches all the Screwattack content, I can assure you that's not how they decide the winners.

The end result being debatable is different from the end result being wrong.

but I digress

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
TGAs nominations are on.
DQXI got a nomination for best RPG (to no one's surprise), wasn't a most anticipated category.
Noice!
As for the most anticipated category it will probably show up on the website like last year

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I guarantee the Mini Direct announcement will come with a big flashing "Note: This Direct will NOT contain any further information concerning the upcoming Super Smash Bros. Ultimate title." before people lose their **** too quickly.

Some folks will still be watching eagerly for a 'surprise' reveal at the end though.

D

Deleted member

Let me guess... Smash got entirely shafted...
Yup. oh well at least we still have the BAFTAs.
Also we better be getting a ****ton of Detective Pikachu references in Deadpool 3 if that happens

Last edited by a moderator:

KMDP

Smash Legend

Goku vs Superman would probably be a no contest. If it were an actual cross-over, they'd probably start fighting until something more important comes up that leaves the fight with no result.

I also think they tried to claim Super Saiyan God was "mysticism" and not "magic". Here's a question, would Stephen Strange's spells not work on Superman then? Because that's mysticism (and in certain continuities, not considered "magic").

I'm not saying Superman wouldn't still win (because he probably would). Superman isn't necessarily weak to magic, it just effects him the same as any other person, if Super Saiyan God could be considered magic, the only benefit this would provide Goku is that Goku would be able to damage Superman like a normal person, but this doesn't mean Superman can't... you know... fight back.

That is until Goku resorts to using Destruction Energy (which he can do in the DBS manga), and atomises Superman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom