• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
:ultmegaman:vs:ultsamus:. Who would win in actual fight?
so Mega Man is a robot obviously, and he battles almost exclusively robots who have, both in robot theory and in the games, a strict pattern of actions they can perform. Samus' organic unpredictability would give her the edge against Mega Man I think.

also Samus could just blow up the planet Mega Man is on I guess

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Megaman. He have an absolutely ******** amount of weaponry.
And if we take his latest appearance, which is Megaman 11. Just use the gear powers and the fight is over.
Samus is kind of Op too.
Her speed boots allow her to move so fast, that a shoulder bash can break walls on caverns. She can also pull a trick with the morph ball and the super bombs to recover from any injury. She also has the Phazom Beam in Prime 3, which literally kills everything.

Unless Megaman is able to copy any of those abilities, he would have a hard time.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Samus is kind of Op too.
Her speed boots allow her to move so fast, that a shoulder bash can break walls on caverns. She can also pull a trick with the morph ball and the super bombs to recover from any injury. She also has the Phazom Beam in Prime 3, which literally kills everything.

Unless Megaman is able to copy any of those abilities, he would have a hard time.
I'm aware of what Samus can do.

But the gear power of Megaman 11 Is straight up Matrix level of Op and BS

D

Deleted member

I'm aware of what Samus can do.

But the gear power of Megaman 11 Is straight up Matrix level of Op and BS
Yeah, i can see that.
But it also has a limited use, so i don’t know what to say.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Vergeben is silent for some days now.

Maybe the Square Enix DLC is realy near now?

D

Deleted member

Wait, didn't Death Battle make one for :ultsamus: and :ultmegaman:?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Vergeben is silent for some days now.

Maybe the Square Enix DLC is realy near now?
Usually when Vergeben is silent it means he's into something.
Last time it was to tell us that he know 7 names from the Square Rep etc...

So who knows. Apparently both him and Hitagi might be close to get the whole Dlc list

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Yeah, so unfortunately that puts her in a similar situation as manga characters :(
I mean, Rottytops did originally appear in a video game, but I still feel as if it would take a miracle to get her in, despite her being a video game character... Sometimes, I even feel as if some characters, who didn't even originate from a video game, have a better chance of making it in, than her...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wait, didn't Death Battle make one for these two?
As far as i know, they made Samus vs Master Chief/Boba Fett (i don’t remember well) and Megaman vs Astro Boy.

But even then, they kind of cheat the matchs sometimes. The best example is Crash vs Spyro:

Putting apart my mentality of both being a single franchise but with different games, the match was already decided when they putted PS1 Crash against the Spyro from The Legend Of games. The latter is so OP, that everyone knew he would win. If both were the PS1 versions, the match would have been more interesting.

There’s one channel for fan battles that i like a lot, doh. It is called Rewind Rumble, and they investigate more every character they work with.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Like I said, Hitagi probably has heard many names. It makes sense that they would still be taking anti leaks measures to try to keep the information a secret. Verge had already heard of incineroar when it was made public by LoZ. The reason he didnt post it was incineroar was because he preferred to be sure the information between his sources aligned before making it public. Until he had heard from his three main sources that incineroar was in, Vergeben wasnt comfortable sharing this information.

This situation is similar but Hitagi seems more ready to answer if they have heard the name. The only character that Hitagi has said with full confidence to be in is Steve from Minecraft. The rest are all posible options Hitagi has heard. Why do we have like 6 posible characters if we are only getting 5 DLC characters? Because there is bound to be more names mixed in to confuse people and avoid leaks. If Hitagi and Verge are working together, they will obviously reply with a "maybe" if they arent completely sure of the names. Yes, Hitagii can hear a name and still not have enough confidence to think its a lock.

We just need to think of the possibilities. Lets analyze the information we have to see if it can make sense. Lets not jump into conclusions minterpreting the information we have.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Samus's Power Suit is much more durable and has much more power than Mega Man as a whole. Slowing down time can only do so much when your opponent can flash step and you can barely damage their armor. And that's assuming Mega Man has all his Robot Master power ups: he can't do **** against Super Missiles, Super Bombs, the Ice Beam and so on.

D

Deleted member

I am more interested about the Blue Falcon thing on the World Of Light trailer rather than the DLC.

Was it teasing something like the Polthergust (not sure if i said it right)?

And yeah, i’m not that invested into Death Battle, since i prefer Rewind Rumble.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I am more interested about the Blue Falcon thing on the World Of Light trailer rather than the DLC.

Was it teasing something like the Poltergust?
(Fixed)
I'm hopeful for a new F-ZERO too. Didn't they say that this year's game awards was going to be the biggest collection of game announcements ever?

D

Deleted member

(Fixed)
I'm hopeful for a new F-ZERO too. Didn't they say that this year's game awards was going to be the biggest collection of game announcements ever?
True.
Maybe they can fit F-Zero alongside Prime 4, if that detail points to many reveals.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
You should've said Dark Pit. Now, KI is going to get a new game but it will be like first two.
Don’t worry, just give them the Uprising treatment and make Dark Pit gain a free DLC storyline about his fake edginess

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Personal question Papa-G

What's your stance on a season 2 of DLC?
I dont know.
I'd assume they might wait and see how this DLC sells first...but of course its smash so i'm sure they are aware any amount of DLC will sell well.

Now this is purely speculation but:

I have considered the idea that since we were sort of told they werent sure if DLC would happen not that long ago (obviously just because they didn't want to answer that yet), and now its pretty clear they've been planning DLC all along they may very well ALREADY be planning a second wave of DLC fighters. obviously this would be a year away at the earliest but considering things being really "fuzzy" with which characters are being talked about behind the scenes, katalinas negotiations sounding fairly recent, banjos trade mark renewal in september, insiders hearing multiple square reps, bethesda mentioning they had talked to nintendo regarding smash etc... it is POSSIBLE that the confusion is because while the first 5 DLC fighters were chosen a while back, negotiated for a a second wave might have been happening more recently and thus its a bit confusing how many "deals" for characters are being made behind the scenes. Again I stress this is completely speculative and I'm personally not getting my hopes up beyond 5 DLC fighters but this thought has crossed my mind.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
My most wanted characters are Porky and Kumatora, and I’m luckier than most. Porky got a boss battle, a chase scene with his statue, and his own stage technically. And Kumatora gets a cameo in this one, and both of them are probably spirits I can stick on Ness and Lucas. So that’s cool.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Samus is probably faster than Megaman, given that she keeps up with Ridley, who can outspeed her ship that travels between planets and galaxies in short amounts of time, and is therefor probably FTL.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Oh, I see. Dunno who Becky Lynch is, but it's all good.
WWE Wrestler, current champion of all women, bad***, etc.

Was it teasing something like the Polthergust (not sure if i said it right)?

And yeah, i’m not that invested into Death Battle, since i prefer Rewind Rumble.
Likely teased nothing other than the Blue Falcon possibly being used for defeating Galleem...or just be worthless

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I mean, Rottytops did originally appear in a video game, but I still feel as if it would take a miracle to get her in, despite her being a video game character... Sometimes, I even feel as if some characters, who didn't even originate from a video game, have a better chance of making it in, than her...
That is true. It seems that iconic or popular Japanese characters have the best chance. Like Piranha Plant for example. It's not requested, but it is very well known and popular, so it makes more sense than characters we want like Rottytops, Zoe and Homura

KMDP

Smash Legend
Dang. They could still do it though.
It's not like Death Battle hasn't done multiple DBs with a single character. Usually it's for rematches, but they've had Batman fight both Spiderman and Black Panther before.
As far as i know, they made Samus vs Master Chief/Boba Fett (i don’t remember well) and Megaman vs Astro Boy.

But even then, they kind of cheat the matchs sometimes. The best example is Crash vs Spyro:

Putting apart my mentality of both being a single franchise but with different games, the match was already decided when they putted PS1 Crash against the Spyro from The Legend Of games. The latter is so OP, that everyone knew he would win. If both were the PS1 versions, the match would have been more interesting.

There’s one channel for fan battles that i like a lot, doh. It is called Rewind Rumble, and they investigate more every character they work with.
I like Death Battle, but it has lots of problems (like the fact that a lot of their battles end up playing out the same way).

Incidentally, I believe Tifa vs Yang is considered among the worst ones, and it's the only Death Battle I haven't watched, because I'd rather not see one of my favourite characters get brutally decapitated, thanks Wiz and Boomstick. For those who don't know, Screw Attack (makers of Death Battle) merged with Rooster Teeth (makers of RWBY) around the time YvT was made and they made it to essentially shill how powerful Yang was (in the process fudging the numbers to accomplish it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom