• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

This was sadly the truth. And why I always called Geno a "Wolf/K.Rool ballot era" situation.
Everyone clamoring he's a shoe-in when in reality...not at all.

He have his chance for DLC good ones even. But I still didn't really liked how some of his fans acted during this speculation periods
Thankfully i don’t go to extreme points supporting Crash.

I mean, i had hope about seeing him return... But i always knew that Crash would join Smash after getting a new good title on Nintendo consoles.

D

Deleted member

I'm starting to trust Hitagi even less.
She's given us 6 characters now.
Steve, Katalina, a Bamco rep, a Square Enix rep, a Western rep, and a sword wielder.
To me that sounds like she's getting names and not really doing enough background checking before talking about them, Vergeben seems to be the opposite where he only talks once he knows absolutely certain. One of these 6 characters has to be wrong unless we really are getting another DLC season or something.
You do realize that the Bamco or Square rep could be the sword wielder, right?
The western rep HAS to be Zoe Rayman, right?

Untouch

Smash Master
Did she say all those 6 separately or did she mean that one of those 5 is a sword wielder? Because Katalina uses a sword iirc

Not saying I trust Hitagi at all, just playing Devil's Advocate
She said the sword wielder is a first party, but they don't know who they are or what series they're in.

D

Deleted member

It could be Crash if we got lucky.

But Rayman has huge chances too, mostly with the Rabbid spirits.
There are Rabbid spirits?

She said the sword wielder is a first party, but they don't know who they are or what series they're in.
yeeeeah, the fact that she isn't saying the name of the character is making me doubt her, even though my two most wanteds are sword wielders so this would be a good thing. Real leakers don't go "oh idk who they are" if she has a real source the source would've said the name of the character not just "oh there's a sword wielder in but I'm not gonna tell you who it is"

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
This was sadly the truth. And why I always called Geno a "Wolf/K.Rool ballot era" situation.
Everyone clamoring he's a shoe-in when in reality...not at all.

He have his chance for DLC good ones even. But I still didn't really liked how some of his fans acted during this speculation periods
Eh, I didn't liked how more than a few characters' fans acted this time.

I'm going to sound petty, but I hope the newcomers we get after this (DLC or new game) won't put an emphasis on popularity. It's bound to turn speculation into a pissing contest.

D

Deleted member

Eh, I didn't liked how more than a few characters' fans acted this time.

I'm going to sound petty, but I hope the newcomers we get after this (DLC or new game) won't put an emphasis on popularity. It's bound to turn speculation into a pissing contest.
If i got Earthworm Jim or Porky Minch that way, i wouldn’t mind, tbh.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Steve, Katalina, a Bamco rep, a Square Enix rep, a Western rep, and a sword wielder.
To me that sounds like she's getting names and not really doing enough background checking before talking about them, Vergeben seems to be the opposite where he only talks once he knows absolutely certain. One of these 6 characters has to be wrong unless we really are getting another DLC season or something.
I don't recall hearing Hatagi mention a sword-wielder, but my guess is that the sword-wielder is Katalina

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
-Square-enix one is real
-Steve is real for him
-Bamco probably will get one
-There is one Nintendo DLC
-Katalina's talk end game is unknown. Maybe Western Characters

I'm not sure where he's contradicting Himself if 3 spot are "highly confirmed" but the last one isn't yet.

Y'know that's not how leaks information work right? You get info that contradict each other's and it's your job to guess what is real or not
Especially with leakbaits being common.

Which is what they're doing.

Him saying he heard about more than 6 Characters isn't making him wrong.
It's just what he heard, which is why he doesn't say any names are confirmed.

What he said are rumour. And until he knows exactly if it's confirmed or not. He will just be vague about what he heard or not.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Did she say all those 6 separately or did she mean that one of those 5 is a sword wielder? Because Katalina uses a sword iirc

Not saying I trust Hitagi at all, just playing Devil's Advocate
People really need to give context. To answer your question, the swordsman is from Nintendo.

Now, add onto this. What Hitagi is giving us with this information is clues of names that are running around. Hitagi and Verge are probably still working around which info is leak bait and what info is the real deal.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
from what i've seen from hitagi they've said:

1.steve? for sure (no one else is certain to them but they are certain of steve)
2.namco rep (heihachi named)
3.square rep (dragon quest and chrono named)
4.katalina
5.nintendo owned sword user (potentially fire emblem and hitagi is most excited for this one)
6.another western character (from my own digging around crash/spyro were two he avoided replying and deconfirming where as he did for most other characters asked about, though hitagi keeps saying everyone but steve they have heard is just a rumor so that might be why)

D

Deleted member

I'm still holding out hope for the western rep to be Zoe even though I know World Peace is a more realistic dream than ever seeing her in Smash.

Pakky

Smash Hero

1.steve? for sure (no one else is certain to them but they are certain of steve)
4.katalina
5.nintendo owned sword user (potentially fire emblem and hitagi is most excited for this one)
6.another western character (from my own digging around crash/spyro were two he avoided replying and deconfirming where as he did for most other characters asked about, though hitagi keeps saying everyone but steve they have heard is just a rumor so that might be why)
Any word on Rayman?

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I'm still holding out hope for the western rep to be Zoe even though I know World Peace is a more realistic dream than ever seeing her in Smash.
That's like me and Homura. In a prefect world, sure we'd get our characters, but realistically, it's not happening. Did Zoe originate from a videogame though?

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master

4.katalina
I’ve still never seen where she named Heihachi, can someone source that for me?

D

Deleted member

That's like me and Homura. In a prefect world, sure we'd get our characters, but realistically, it's not happening. Did Zoe originate from a videogame though?
My pipe dream is to have a crossover between Godzilla, Metroid, Crash Bandicoot and the Fantastic Four in any form.

Sadly, it wouldn’t be in Smash.

D

Deleted member

No, that's the worst part. It would take a ****ing miracle to see her in the game. :c

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Any word on Rayman?
its not letting me attach images right now (though i took many screen shots of what hitagis been saying)

but the quote from Hitagi is: "I have no info on rayman unfortunately."

in response to Thunder84 asking "I fully expect you to deconfirm him too, but what about Rayman?"

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

4.katalina
That makes me a bit more confident in Crash...
I'm not expecting Spyro though...
Crash is the more iconic of the two, and I think they'd choose him over Spyro
I don't see them choosing both

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There’s one thing to note with Spyro, sadly.

Unlike Crash... He isn’t known in Japan.

Japan only got for PS1 the first two games, but in the form of awful ports that had terrible controls.
He could have a chance in Smash, but probably if Crash gets first.

Now, i would love to see him a lot with Crash... But he will need to go through a harder path.

Pakky

Smash Hero
[–]ElectrodeShrimp 1 point 13 hours ago
is there any chance of Rayman? like literally anything? I'm desperate.

[–]Senjougahara__Hitagi[S] 2 points 13 hours ago
Not to my knowledge, no
That's surprising, I wonder who they're choosing.

Steve- makes sense

Katialina- Strange but makes sense

SE character- Depends DQ makes sense but so does FF

Namco- Heiachi? Lloyd? The Prince?

?- You would think Ubisoft but I guess not?

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
That's surprising, I wonder who they're choosing.

Steve- makes sense

Katialina- Strange but makes sense

SE character- Depends DQ makes sense but so does FF

Namco- Heiachi? Lloyd? The Prince?

?- You would think Ubisoft but I guess not?
It's surprising that he has no knowledge on Rayman? Why is that?

D

Deleted member

Goth wants Zoe.
I want the Fantastic Four and Superman.

Both are unlikely at the moment.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Incineroar already has a special perfect for Crash. Darkest Lariat can be Crash’s neutral special as well, just with less range and maybe more distance.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I’ve still never seen where she named Heihachi, can someone source that for me?
maybe "named" wasnt the right term to use there.

hitagi's response to this made me believe heihachi was a namco rep hitagi had heard:

https://www.reddit.com/user/Senjoug...ly_94_of_you_follow_me_lol/e9l7e3n/?context=3

almost everyone hitagi is asked about they straight up say "no" to so when they respond with something like this that implies they heard that name but arent sure, it seemed note worthy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know... I bet you guys would be relatively hyped if they catered specifically to me for DLC. Except for the obvious XD
My top 5

Pakky

Smash Hero

hitagi's response to this made me believe heihachi was a namco rep hitagi had heard:

https://www.reddit.com/user/Senjoug...ly_94_of_you_follow_me_lol/e9l7e3n/?context=3

almost everyone hitagi is asked about they straight up say "no" to so when they respond with something like this that implies they heard that name but arent sure, it seemed note worthy.
Personal question Papa-G

What's your stance on a season 2 of DLC?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If Celica AND Crash are both somehow DLC, it's confirmation that we are living in the best possible timeline.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master

Oh, interesting.

Btw, I think we are interpreting some of Hitagi’s responses somewhat incorrectly. For example, if you read the exchange where she talks about the sword user, it seems like she does actually know what series they’re from. It’s just that, when asked if it’s a Fire Emblem character, she backs off and says that she doesn’t know because “nothing is confirmed”. I think she’s just saying that she can’t be sure if the sword user is actually in the game, not that she doesn’t know where they’re from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom