• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Not a new game. Just transfered over to a more favorable system, and New Funky Mode.
DON'T YOU ****ING DARE DISS FUNKY MODE YOU UNCULTURED SWINE
In all seriousness, it sold waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the original and that means all those assets are available, meaning it's just a matter of when Nintendo feels like making DKCR3

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Donkey Kong is always gonna have new games.
But the greatest stupidity committed by Nintendo is putting characters like :ultfalcon::ulticeclimbers::ultduckhunt::ultgnw::ultness::ultlucas::ultrob: into Smash Bros and making them people that even casuals might recognize thanks to Smash and doing not a thing with the IPs or characters.

Granted Earthbound is (kind of) understandable.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
DON'T YOU ****ING DARE DISS FUNKY MODE YOU UNCULTURED SWINE
In all seriousness, it sold waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the original and that means all those assets are available, meaning it's just a matter of when Nintendo feels like making DKCR3
I don't diss Funky Mode, it's a great addition. But it's just not a new game, and I want a new game.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
If we do get a third DKCR game with K.Rool in it, they better put in Dedede as a joke boss before the actual final battle or I will be mildly disappointed in it.

Yeah I know it's a completely unreasonable expectation but let me have my fun.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
So, Hitagi- will close his thread and make another one soon, maybe even with another Leaker to answers question.

Somebody asked if he could explain the situation as of now about Smash DLC and he clarified with this.

The situation as of now seems to be like a few highly likely confirmed characters and the rest being up in the air. But, it's not 100% for the time being. I'm not going to release anything until, I am confident the list is finalized. Until then, remain patient.
Basically, there is a chance he knows a big part of DLC, as certain Characters are Highly Likely confirmed. And won't release said list until he and Vergeben are sure and confident they have it all.

Source

Also Apparently there a new Viewtiful Joe game in the work. Yes please be true he can be fake about Smash DLC but he better not play with my heart like that.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Donkey Kong is always gonna have new games.
But the greatest stupidity committed by Nintendo is putting characters like :ultfalcon::ulticeclimbers::ultduckhunt::ultgnw::ultness::ultlucas::ultrob: into Smash Bros and making them people that even casuals might recognize thanks to Smash and doing not a thing with the IPs or characters.

Granted Earthbound is (kind of) understandable.
If we got Golden Sun, Sin and Punishment, and Custom Robo treated the same way, it would actually be nice. Hell, even Rhythm Heaven is not widely recognized in the west. All 4 of these franchises should or should have been immortalized in Smash. I'd take them being repped and never releasing a new game vs. Nothing at all

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
If we got Golden Sun, Sin and Punishment, and Custom Robo treated the same way, it would actually be nice. Hell, even Rhythm Heaven is not widely recognized in the west. All 4 of these franchise should or should have been immortalized in Smash. I'd take them being repped and never releasing a new game vs. Nothing at all
Yeah... If you ask me, Smash helps franchises...
It basically saved Fire Emblem
and most people wouldn't have known about Ness or Captain Falcon if it weren't for Smash Bros.
It's quite a shame that those other 4 franchise will probably never get the same treatment...

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I swear if Katalina is on this list and Verge is backing it I'm gonna side eye him so hard.

Sure it'd be more believable because Verge actually has a standing to stand on when it comes to Smash, but if he was wrong, wow what a marvelously juicy way to spiral out.

Because I for one second can not entertain the possibility of Sakurai nor Nintendo adding her.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I swear if Katalina is on this list and Verge is backing it I'm gonna side eye him so hard.

Sure it'd be more believable because Verge actually has a standing to stand on when it comes to Smash, but if he was wrong, wow what a marvelously juicy way to spiral out.

Because I for one second can not entertain the possibility of Sakurai nor Nintendo adding her.
I tell you. Katalina is Reggie's waifu and was his personal request.:4pacman:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

If Verge starts to say something along the lines of "I have other sources saying she's in," then I might have to start preparing myself for Katalina just in case.

For now, I don't think it's something Sakurai would do. Not the best foundation for a counterarguement, but I can't imagine why he'd think Katalina would be a good idea when most of the world would see her as a literal "who?"

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If Verge starts to say something along the lines of "I have other sources saying she's in," then I might have to start preparing myself for Katalina just in case.

For now, I don't think it's something Sakurai would do. Not the best foundation for a counterarguement, but I can't imagine why he'd think Katalina would be a good idea when most of the world would see her as a literal "who?"
Exactly this. Sakurai won't add Takamaru for not being super recognizable to a large portion of the world, but would add a girl who is only popular in Japan?

Also Nintendo would add her? Instead of Euden from Dragalia?

It's not realistic. It's just not.

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I’m pretty sure the thing Hitagi is confident on is Steve.

How much do you want to bet that Hitagi and Verg heard the same thing but one thought that it meant a character was coming where the latter made sure to only say content.

KMDP

Smash Legend
By the way...

Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen , while you're here... What is your profile pic right now? If you don't mind my asking.

It looks almost like someone wearing the UA tracksuit from My Hero Academia (Uraraka?).

It's so intriguing. :laugh:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
By the way...

Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen , while you're here... What is your profile pic right now? If you don't mind my asking.

It looks almost like someone wearing the UA tracksuit from My Hero Academia (Uraraka?).

It's so intriguing. :laugh:
Oh, it's from Sonocomics, more specifically this RWBY comic from her
https://sonocomics.tumblr.com%2Fpost%2F178516668448 I saw it and went "holy **** big mood"
EDIT: Warchaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamp
http://sonocomics.tumblr.com/post/178516668448/2-minutes-36-seconds-into-vault-of-the-spring

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I feel like the Square Rep situation won't be any clearer no mater what they say. If it's been out there in the wild one is coming, I don't see how you'd weedle it down past the list they've probably already got.

It might even seem like multiple people have been told ''That's the one for sure." and I wouldn't put it past Square/Nintendo to have done that themselves purposefully.

I do expect them to triple down on Steve though. That's been around for a while as long as the Square Rep if not longer. The only thing I could see throwing that a curveball is if somehow the only Minecraft content is really just stickers----I mean Spirits in the base game.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Exactly this. Sakurai won't add Takamaru for not being super recognizable to a large portion of the world, but would add a girl who is only popular in Japan?

Also Nintendo would add her? Instead of Euden from Dragalia?

It's not realistic. It's just not.
just sayin....

I don't know if katalina is likely, she is by far the least likely of the "leaked" characters, but if cygames is planning to pull a fire emblem on Granblue.... well, I see it perfectly posible.

I won't mind Dragalia Lost content... but please.. Euden is so Friggin boring : / ... and even if he turns intoa dragon mid attack, that wouldn't be original either DX.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
just sayin....

I don't know if katalina is likely, she is by far the least likely of the "leaked" characters, but if cygames is planning to pull a fire emblem on Granblue.... well, I see it perfectly posible.

I won't mind Dragalia Lost content... but please.. Euden is so Friggin boring : / ... and even if he turns intoa dragon mid attack, that wouldn't be original either DX.
It doesn't matter if they're turning it into Fire Emblem. It's not a Nintendo property. It's not particularly iconic or well liked worldwide. It's super region specific.

It goes directly against A LOT of what we know about how franchises and content is picked for playable status in Smash Bros.

It just....it doesn't seem likely.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Katalina is such a weird pick. But I wouldn't mind it since I'm literally open-bar on who get or don't get in smash.
I mean hey! As long it's someone cool looking with a great gameplay!
They could add ****ing Steve and Katalina, if they manage to sell me on them with their gameplay, I might get interested in their game
beside Katalina is a cutie. :bobomb:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Katalina is such a weird pick. But I wouldn't mind it since I'm literally open-bar on who get or don't get in smash.
They could add ****ing Steve and Katalina, if they manage to sell me on them with their gameplay, I might get interested in their game
I have to agree...
I usually prefer characters with fun and unique move sets, even if they aren't among my most wanted... that's why I love Corrin so much...

osby

Smash Obsessed
Eh, same. Plus, Fire Emblem have a limited stage list, so seeing another high fantasy stage (that isn't Zelda) might be interesting.

I don't particularly like her or think she's likely, but I'm open to possibilities.

D

Deleted member

Nekoo Nekoo I'm guessing that if Sora is revealed for Ultimate you're going to be changing your avatar to his official render, aren't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom