• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
What are some franchises repped in Smash that desperately NEED more new gen games?
For me it's :ultsimon::ultfalcon::ultness:
You mean new releases? Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh outside of CastleVania, all the franchises I like in Smash are doing pretty well all things considered, and CV isn't even doing bad, just needs more traditional games and it's perfect. Though Bloodstained fills that hole

osby

Smash Obsessed
What are some franchises repped in Smash that desperately NEED more new gen games?
Mother had a good conclusion. I'm not really interested in F-Zero but a Mega Man 11-esque Castlevania game would be great. Also :ultolimar:.

What even are the differences between Simon and Richter anyway?

*looks on Smash wiki*

"The animation of Richter's forward smash aims his whip higher compared to Simon, making it slightly harder for him to hit crouching opponents, but easier to hit an airborne opponent. However, the difference is very minimal."

This is the only change listed that isn't completely cosmetic. *shrug*
So they are probably like Pits. though :ultdarkpit: has his own Final Smash

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Personally don't feel that Mother needs a new game, the series is over and wrapped up, if it never gets a new game again then that's perfectly fine imo, because it's a very well rounded series as is. The overall tone of the games also means they need to treat it with care, too much of it and it'll begin to lose its charm, and under no circumstances should they ever make a new game without Itoi's involvement.

Castlevania is the big one imo.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
What even are the differences between Simon and Richter anyway?

*looks on Smash wiki*

"The animation of Richter's forward smash aims his whip higher compared to Simon, making it slightly harder for him to hit crouching opponents, but easier to hit an airborne opponent. However, the difference is very minimal."

This is the only change listed that isn't completely cosmetic. *shrug*
You know what would've been crazy?

If the whole concept of 'echos' was created just so Sakurai can put Richter in the game along side Simon

just imagine that

osby

Smash Obsessed

If the whole concept of 'echos' was created just so Sakurai can put Richter in the game along side Simon

just imagine that
Echos had absolutely only two purposes:
  1. Sakurai could keep Dark Pit and Lucina, while adding Chrom and not causing a riot
  2. Ken and Richter

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
That's just the Japanese version of the Trailer.

Nobody knows why it plays in reverse.

Ultimate: A game that generally encourages offensive play.

Simon and Richter: "Nah, we're just gonna keep playing defense if you don't mind."
Yeah, maybe like “all this came from this banner?”

I never saw the Japanese version until now. Thought it was a effort at backmasking a message some how. I was looking for Banjo or Goku while it was in reverse.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Ultimate: A game that generally encourages offensive play.

Simon and Richter: "Nah, we're just gonna keep playing defense if you don't mind."
You joke, but this is an important note to bring up. While Simon and Richter could be arguably broken in Smash 4's engine, Ultimate's improved movement and aggressive options are going to be defensive characters struggle a lot more, which is probably part of why the devs were willing to make the Belmont's movesets so crazy. In fact, a lot of projectiles got buffs, likely for this same reason. On top of making it possible for her to charge it in the air, Samus's Charge Shot is both even more powerful then it was before, and other projectiles, such as Falco's lasers and Pit's arrows, are just faster to use in general.
I've been telling people the reason why Sheik and Zelda have new final smashes is because Ultimate solely exists to make Dark Pit more unique
But :ultlink: though.

KMDP

Smash Legend

just imagine that
Isn't Richter more popular in Japan? (He's definitely more popular in Latin America)

I think he put both Simon and Richter in as separate characters (not having one as an alt of the other) for the sake of pleasing both sides of the fanbases.

Basically, and this is my assumption, Simon is the original Belmont, but Richter is the one people like.
Echos had absolutely only two purposes:
  1. Sakurai could keep Dark Pit and Lucina, while adding Chrom and not causing a riot
  2. Ken and Richter
...Yeah this sounds about right.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
You joke, but this is an important note to bring up. While Simon and Richter could be arguably broken in Smash 4's engine, Ultimate's improved movement and aggressive options are going to be defensive characters struggle a lot more, which is probably part of why the devs were willing to make the Belmont's movesets so crazy. In fact, a lot of projectiles got buffs, likely for this same reason. On top of making it possible for her to charge it in the air, Samus's Charge Shot is both even more powerful then it was before, and other projectiles, such as Falco's lasers and Pit's arrows, are just faster to use in general.

But :ultlink: though.
Link's final smash is a single shot that explodes on impact, so it functions quite a bit differently from the Dark Pit Staff

osby

Smash Obsessed
Link's final smash is a single shot that explodes on impact, so it functions quite a bit differently from the Dark Pit Staff
Eh, I'm glad. I liked Zelda's old Final Smash and now I still can use it while also having her new, crazy one.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
This echo talk reminds me of all the rumors that were spread during Smash 3DS's first few days.

"Dark Pit and Lucina play more like Brawl Pit and Melee Marth".
"Dark Pit's is more aggressive." Whatever that means.
"Dark Pit's moves have more knockback."
And my absolute personal favorite, "Dark Pit's blades have a tipper mechanic". I actually kind of wish that were true.
Okay, is my profile pic broken on anyone else's end?
Yep.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Okay, is my profile pic broken on anyone else's end?
Images as a whole are ****ed because Smashboards is a good website that knows what to do here and has perfect moderation
Then you should pick an avatar that isn't :metaknight:
Real talk I love Meta Knight's new generic ass final smash, it's closer to his games and has the "oh ****" factor as he suddenly grows an extra pair of wings. That ****'s dope

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Real talk I love Meta Knight's new generic *** final smash, it's closer to his games and has the "oh ****" factor as he suddenly grows an extra pair of wings. That ****'s dope
Which reminds me

Why the heck did MK's previous final smash damage teammates?

Surely there was a well thought out reason for that

osby

Smash Obsessed
Which reminds me

Why the heck did MK's previous final smash damage teammates?

Surely there was a well thought out reason for that
Because Meta Knight often fights with Kirby even when he's not evil? He canonically doesn't go easy on his friends.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Because Meta Knight often fights with Kirby even when he's not evil? He canonically doesn't go easy on his friends.
Btw, Pichu has the best Final Smash because he hurts himself while performing it.

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Like, the attention to detail is just astounding.

Honestly, to me, the 3rd Party characters are what makes me excited for Smash nowadays, just because I want to see how faithfully Sakurai recreates them and throws in as many references as he can.

He didn't have to include A GLITCH from a single game. But he did, because it's an iconic silly thing from the original Castlevania game.

So if Steve? really is coming to Smash? Great. I fully expect Sakurai to go all out on him.
I say it’s terrible representation, why?

Sakurai didn’t give Simon his moonwalk.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Does pichu have any advantage over pikachu other than his smaller hurtbox? Or is he just inarguably worse
I just proved he's objectively the best character in the game, people can lie to themselves as much as they want, it won't change the facts.

He might be a legitimate threat, but most likely not as good as Pikachu

KMDP

Smash Legend
Does pichu have any advantage over pikachu other than his smaller hurtbox? Or is he just inarguably worse
Pichu is the best character in the game because when you win with him you know you did so with a massive disadvantage.

Maximum style points.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Pichu is the best character in the game because when you win with him you know you did so with a massive disadvantage.

Maximum style points.
Style point? Dante for Smash confirmed guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom