• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Hmm things are going slow ... let's talk about ... music.

What series will be getting new music this week? What remixes do you want to hear?

Interestingly every series that's got two tracks on the Smash blog has been a series we already knew was getting a load of remixes. And I think they've now been through all those series. So if this week's music is from an already-represented series perhaps that's a sign it'll be getting a load more in Ultimate. Or we might get something from a series that doesn't have anything on the blog next, which would be nice. Personally hoping from something WarioWare this week. What about you?
Zelda, Pac-Man or Pikmin, I'll guess.

D

Deleted member

Hmm things are going slow ... let's talk about ... music.

What series will be getting new music this week? What remixes do you want to hear?

Interestingly every series that's got two tracks on the Smash blog has been a series we already knew was getting a load of remixes. And I think they've now been through all those series. So if this week's music is from an already-represented series perhaps that's a sign it'll be getting a load more in Ultimate. Or we might get something from a series that doesn't have anything on the blog next, which would be nice. Personally hoping from something WarioWare this week. What about you?
I hope we get another Megaman remix, preferably from one of the side series like X.

D

Deleted member

Oh snap, Pokey Means Business would be baller to hear
That, Kraken of the Sea, New Age Retro Hippie, Porky's Porkies, Natural Killer Cyborg, Strong One, Master Porky's Theme...

Just give me more battle music. I'm sure it's due to licensing issues, but it's kind of sad that almost all the EarthBound/Mother music we get is town music.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
This is probably an unpopular opinion, but I've never find the whole "Yoshi is doing Tax Fraud" meme to be funny with an exception of 2-3 times I heard it either since the meme itself was born, or later on, and I'm am already tired of it right before it became kind of overused.

Last edited:

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
This is probably an unpopular opinion, but I've never find the whole "Yoshi is doing Tax Fraud" meme to be funny with an exception of 2-3 times I heard it either since the meme itself was born, or later on, and I'm am already tired of it right before it became kind of overused.
It probably isn't funny because tax fraud is not a laughing matter. It's a serious offense.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Since Hitagi said that they didn't know who the sword person was but "liked them the most because of their character design," someone should press them further and ask them what the character looks like. If Hitagi is legit (which I'm beginning to doubt), they shouldn't have much problem being more descriptive of the character besides "from nintendo and wields sword."
There's also the fact that literally every set of character additions in Smash history has had a character from a Nintendo franchise that wields a sword.

64 - Link
Melee - Marth + Others
Brawl - Meta Knight + Others
4 - Lucina + Others
4 DLC - Corrin
Ultimate - Chrom

It's not exactly an uncommon occurrence.

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
So guys

Let's say Sakurai decides to throw a curveball at us to make us mad. And that is making Chrono an Echo of Cloud

Thoughts?
The funny thing is, if you gave his moves a different coat of paint and gave him a different final smash, it could just about work. I actually made a whole tweet series about it once. XD

LetterO

Smash Lord
>No Nintendo games in any categories except Sports and Family
>Smash won't be in the one next year either because it's in the weird spot where it's too late for this one and too early for the next one.

Why couldn't Game Awards happen once the year is actually over? Games like Pokemon Sun and Moon, Xenoblade 2, and now Smash have gotten screwed over by this. The only reason I'm tuning in now is just for the Nintendo news because I could frankly care less about the other games and the ones I do care about are obviously not going to win their respective categories.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
If you want to get super specific, Battle! Lance/Red is part of the Gen 2 Medley from Melee and the beginning of Big Bad Baby Bowser is in Obstacle Course.

Still doesn't really count, but it's...something...
Don't forget the really good soundtrack of Mother 3 that Smash doesn't have like Mind of a Thief/Gentle Rain, Run My Dog Run, Strong One, Fight with Mecha Drago and a few others.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Xenoblade.

I'm starting to fear no new remixes and no X music.
Isn't this already confirmed? The direct showed 11 Xenoblade songs, 3 from XB2, and the remaining 8 are the same songs we got in Smash 4. We can't see the first two songs in the list, but they're likely Time to Fight and Engage the Enemy.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
>Smash won't be in the one next year either because it's in the weird spot where it's too late for this one and too early for the next one.

Why couldn't Game Awards happen once the year is actually over? Games like Pokemon Sun and Moon, Xenoblade 2, and now Smash have gotten screwed over by this. The only reason I'm tuning in now is just for the Nintendo news because I could frankly care less about the other games and the ones I do care about are obviously not going to win their respective categories.
Xenoblade got screwed over for the second time in a row lol
This is the year of Xenoblade getting screwed up in things despite having one of the best DLCs I've ever seen.

D

Deleted member

Your first mistake was caring about the award portion of The Game Awards.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I know Pikmin already got a music blog post and has a limited soundtrack when it comes to suitable Smash music but if we could hear this or this in Smash, that'd be hunky dory.

D

Deleted member

Isn't this already confirmed? The direct showed 11 Xenoblade songs, 3 from XB2, and the remaining 8 are the same songs we got in Smash 4. We can't see the first two songs in the list, but they're likely Time to Fight and Engage the Enemy.
I honestly thought songs got cut from the looks of it.

Let's be honest here - there are almost 900 tracks put into this game. If they were aiming to go balls to the walls with this, there really shouldn't be no excuse to have more Xenoblade music.

In fact, it almost feels like having the XC2 music was a severe afterthought late in development, and not because of the release timing, but as in general care for the IP.

And I can say this for especially other franchises, too. The one new Sonic song is Fist Bump from Sonic Forces? REALLY?

Last edited by a moderator:

Graizen

Smash Champion
So guys , if all the DLC are 3th Parties , but all the characters are from Nostalgic games
What characters should we get?

Me ( + Following the Leaks )

- Crono
- Klonoa
- Crash
- Steve
- Tails

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
The music we have in Smash Ultimate now, and upcoming, is no doubt going to be amazing. However if I could ask for ANY new music for the game if we can't get more Final Fantasy music?

An Octopath Traveler pack. Could include Mii Fighter outfits/Spirits, but the music from this game is beyond gorgeous. Set it on Midgar as it's the only "Square-Enix" stage, and voila.

For anyone who hasn't had a listen yet...here's one example, and it's a good one.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

And I can say this for especially other franchises, too. The one new Sonic song is Fist Bump from Sonic Forces? REALLY?
Has this song been confirmed, or are you just going off of the Crunchii uploads? He just uploads random songs.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
It probably isn't funny because tax fraud is not a laughing matter. It's a serious offense.
That's probably exactly why people find it funny.

The idea of someone like Yoshi committing something like tax fraud is so absurd that it's funny to some people.

And, I mean, something being a serious offense has never stopped people from joking around about it before.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
So guys , if all the DLC are 3th Parties , but all the characters are from Nostalgic games
What characters should we get?

Me ( + Following the Leaks )

- Crono
- Klonoa
- Crash
- Steve
- Tails
Is Minecraft a nostalgic game?

D

Deleted member

Has this song been confirmed, or are you just going off of the Crunchii uploads? He just uploads random songs.
I honestly thought it had been confirmed after looking at the Ultimate's music section in SmashWiki and glanced at it while I was doing some work on my little SSBU Music Spreadsheet project.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Wait seriously?

Come on, that can't be true. No way.

D

Deleted member

Wait seriously?

Come on, that can't be true. No way.
Yup.

Song length confirms the Gaur Plain themes and One Who Gets In Our Way are still the short versions too. Engage the Enemy will also likely still be shortened as well, but that song technically isn't confirmed.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Xenoblade.

I'm starting to fear no new remixes and no X music.
Hey man, I don't fear the lack of Xenoblade X music because that would mean Elma is more likely for DLC. :p

Plus, my brother has a theory that some Xenoblade music might need to be unlocked, since you can buy music from the Spirits shop. I wouldn't worry too much until a little after the game releases.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
When it comes to music...

Of course i'm always down for more Pokemon music (Guzma's theme, anyone?), i'd also like another Splatoon song. Preferably Tidal Rush.

D

Deleted member

I'm always down for more Pokemon music (Guzma's theme, anyone?)
UH UH SKULL
UH UH COOL CAT

I'm hoping Decisive Battle! (N) and DENNIS get in.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord

Of course i'm always down for more Pokemon music (Guzma's theme, anyone?), i'd also like another Splatoon song. Preferably Tidal Rush.
I love Guzma's theme but I would die for something from:
  • Pokemon Battle Revolution
  • Pokemon Colosseum
  • Pokemon XD
  • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red/Blue Rescue Team
  • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky/Darkness.
TL DR: SPIN OFFS HAVE RIGHTS

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Exactly. Him, Pyrrhon, Viridi or Hades can work, to me. I really hope Sakurai doesn't let the concept of "Sakurai bias" get in the way of that (he most likely wouldn't, hopefully).

Not looking at Viridi as just a background character either.
Hell Sakurai could make normal Pandora (but mostly Amazon Pandora) work as a fighter. The massive variety of characters from Uprising alone is outstanding

StrawHatX

Smash Lord

We need the Viridian City song from Pikachu’s Jukebox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom