• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

When it comes to music...

Of course i'm always down for more Pokemon music (Guzma's theme, anyone?), i'd also like another Splatoon song. Preferably Tidal Rush.
Gimme the entirety of Octo Expansion's OST, please.

Fly Octo Fly and Ebb & Flow - Octo are all bops.

D

Deleted member

Yup.

Song length confirms the Gaur Plain themes and One Who Gets In Our Way are still the short versions too. Engage the Enemy will also likely still be shortened as well, but that song technically isn't confirmed.
We all know the real victim of the shortened songs is the DK Rap.
HE HAS NO STYLE
HE HAS NO GRACE
THIS KONG
IS NOT IN THIS SONG

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Yup.

Song length confirms the Gaur Plain themes and One Who Gets In Our Way are still the short versions too. Engage the Enemy will also likely still be shortened as well, but that song technically isn't confirmed.
Sigh.
All I can say is

At least Shulk's buffed and Fiora is there, I guess.

D

Deleted member

We all know the real victim of the shortened songs is the DK Rap.
HE HAS NO STYLE
HE HAS NO GRACE
THIS KONG
IS NOT IN THIS SONG
That one is just Nintendo pushing their revisionist agenda by pretending that Chunky never existed.

It's still inexcusable

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Joker doesn't do his taxes, he's a phantom thief :^)))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Outside of being Joker, Ren Amamiya is a law-abiding citizen who works for the betterment of his country (hence why the Phantom Thieves only target bad guys).

He'd definitely do his taxes.

Last edited:

Double K

Smash Lord
Guys, imagine Ultra Jungle music in Smash.

Now imagine that playing in an 8-man smash with

Incineroar
Falcon
Ganondorf
Bowser
Chrom
MACHO Ike
ZSS
Bayonetta

They just pose until the clock runs
Outside of being Joker Ren Amamiya is a law-abiding citizen who works for the betterment of his country (hence why the Phantom Thieves only target bad guys).

He'd definitely do his taxes.
Let's be real

He's probably do everyone else's taxes aside from Makoto's.

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
I'm surprised none of the Ultra Beasts are pokeball summons.
The're all probably spirits.
I was HOPING incineroar would come with an Altar of Sunne and Moone/Ultra Space Stage that works sort of like a mix between Spear Pillar and Isle Delfino that'd show the UBs off as Stage Hazards.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Nintendo is hellbent on treating the Mario Land series like the black sheep of the series for some reason, never made sense to me.
I would say moreso Super Mario Land 2 tbh. The series itself is doing okay-ish, albeit not a lot of representation. Daisy & the Underground theme from the first game are nice.

D

Deleted member

Ooh~ I love this song!
A shame the sample cut off before the good part really started. Ah well, I don't have long to wait to here the full version.
3 MORE WEEKS!
I was thinking the exact same thing; it cuts out before the best part of the song. It's an alright arrangement though.

All I needed in terms of Splatoon music was Calamari Inkantation, so I'm good.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
That's probably exactly why people find it funny.

The idea of someone like Yoshi committing something like tax fraud is so absurd that it's funny to some people.

And, I mean, something being a serious offense has never stopped people from joking around about it before.
You seem to have missed the sarcasm in my post... I was being facetious.

Last edited:

Splotim

Smash Apprentice
Is this in the game yet? I don’t remember this being a battle track.
Edit: nvm it was in the original Splatoon. That’s a pretty heavy remix. I didn’t even recognize it.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
I think today's been kinda slow.

Hitagi said one of the dlc fighters was a first party Nintendo sword user who doesn't come from Zelda, FE, or Xenoblade.
That's still really oddly specific yet oddly vague. I still don't buy it, but does anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I think today's been kinda slow.

Hitagi said one of the dlc fighters was a first party Nintendo sword user who doesn't come from Zelda, FE, or Xenoblade.
Hmm... a sword fighter not from those three series
That's... really weird.

The only character that I can think of at the moment would be Tethu, but that's WAY too much a stretch for DLC.
Maybe Magnus, since he was cut as an assist...

That seems really... weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom