• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Lemme try to make sense of Hitagi's claims. If you believe Hitagi, then he seems to say our DLC is...

Square Enix rep
Steve
Katalina
Namco rep

And I can't really figure out what the possible 5th rep is. He's deconfirmed about everything else.

D

Deleted member

Sakurai has acknowledged John Carmack (who made DOOM), as the father of the FPS genre in the Sakurai x Normura interview (Part 2). In the very same interview he acknowledges Castlevania, which would be included in Smash Ultimate. While Sakurai also mentioned many other game designers, it's important that Sakurai says this:

Internationally. Seems to fit in with this other popular Sakurai statement from the Sm4sh DLC (read: Pre-Ultimate) era in regards to third parties.

DOOM could certainly be one of the few "major globally-recognized franchises" left at this point. I would even say it's likely this is the case. Given Nintendo and Bethesda's great relationship recently, and the fact that Bethesda has spoken with Nintendo about Smash leads me to believe that it's likely that DOOM Guy was on Nintendo's list and Sakurai chose him as a hype third party pick.
I can back this up with DOOM kinda having a bit of a following in Japan, too. Virtual YouTuber Siro made that game a staple of her career, after all.

But if Todd Howard isn't narrating over the moveset and details of Doom Guy, I'll be forever sad.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Lemme try to make sense of Hitagi's claims. If you believe Hitagi, then he seems to say our DLC is...

Square Enix rep
Steve
Katalina
Namco rep

And I can't really figure out what the possible 5th rep is. He's deconfirmed about everything else.
Rabbids? Worldwide popularity and all.

Or a Nintendo character not shown as a Spirit. Elma, maybe?

Shroob

Sup?
Are we even sure Hitagi is still a firm believer in Cygames being involved with Smash?

In an edit to their Katalina post, they had an addendum where they sounded less than sure of themselves; the only reason we're thinking this way is because Verg mentioned it again recently.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Rabbids? Worldwide popularity and all.

Or a Nintendo character not shown as a Spirit. Elma, maybe?
He deconfirmed a Nintendo character and a Ubisoft character

Are we even sure Hitagi is still a firm believer in Cygames being involved with Smash?

In an edit to their Katalina post, they had an addendum where they sounded less than sure of themselves; the only reason we're thinking this way is because Verg mentioned it again recently.
Yes we are

Bionichute

Smash Champion
im like 90% sure he's making everything up at this point, can't even keep what he's saying straight

if he is telling the truth that last character has to be super out of the box in order to exist

Last edited:

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
He deconfirmed a Nintendo character and a Ubisoft character

Yes we are
Wow that would be a bold and charitable move of Nintendo to have all 5 of their DLC's to be 3rd party reps. I can't see it, especially because its not Sakurai choosing this time its Nintendo. If Hitagi is de confirming a Nintendo character for the DLC, that even more makes me question his credibility.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Wow that would be a bold and charitable move of Nintendo to have all 5 of their DLC's to be 3rd party reps. I can't see it, especially because its not Sakurai choosing this time its Nintendo. If Hitagi is de confirming a Nintendo character for the DLC, that even more makes me question his credibility.
I can honestly see it if they wanna go all out for this season pass. Nintendo has VERY few true big names remaining that could sell alongside a Squenix rep and Steve.

But that's not even going into his other claims.

This is one reason why he/she's attention seeking to me.

They are literally setting up the possibility of a DLC roster people will love, but deconfirming every major fanbase out there.

So my idea is attention seeking Katalina fan who is gonna disappear ike Loz18 eventually.
I'm not really sure since he HAS leaked stuff for other games.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
wake me up if he replies to my question about what the last character is now that he's deconfirmed everything

D

Deleted member

This is one reason why he/she's attention seeking to me.

They are literally setting up the possibility of a DLC roster people will love, but deconfirming every major fanbase out there.

So my idea is attention seeking Katalina fan who is gonna disappear ike Loz18 eventually.
Yo shoutouts to loz for going out on some hentai **** tho lmao.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Hitagi is starting to lose his/her patience which is of course par of the course but damn, I didnt expect it to happen this fast.
I don't understand why leakers get involved in Smash at this point. It has never been anything but trouble for them.

Yo shoutouts to loz for going out on some hentai **** tho lmao.
ABSOLUTELY WHAT

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
My biggest deal with Hitagi is simple:

They've claimed that ArkSys is making a Granblue fighting game, and if it comes to fruition, I'll believe them. Simple as that.

They're the ONLY person who's brought up the idea of a GBF Fighter being made, and Granblue has two big events coming up that it could possibly be announced at(December New Years convention and the 5th anniversary in March).

Otherwise? Ehhhh, no dice.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896

They've claimed that ArkSys is making a Granblue fighting game, and if it comes to fruition, I'll believe them. Simple as that.

They're the ONLY person who's brought up the idea of a GBF Fighter being made, and Granblue has two big events coming up that it could possibly be announced at(December New Years convention and the 5th anniversary in March).

I know that Hitagi has leaked stuff in the past with DBZ fighterz that came true. What other past leaks have they done that came true?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ack, noooo.

I hate how Injustice splits up Scorpion and Sub Zero. It feels wrong having one and not the other.
At least Scorpion can have alts referencing Sub-Zero. That said, they could have later Echo DLC, though Sub-Zero doesn't work well as one. Smoke actually would work fine as a Scorpion Echo in comparison.

...Of course there being two Sub-Zeros means you could have one as a Echo(this is a joke).

D

Deleted member

I don't understand why leakers get involved in Smash at this point. It has never been anything but trouble for them.
Simple.

Notoriety from people like Etika and RelaxAlax.

It's honestly pretty smart, because they're playing the manipulation game better than a lot of people. The flipside unfortunately is death threats and some pretty brash actions.

So it begs the question - would you want to leak info about Smash so that it'll appear on GameXplain and risk it all knowing you might get death threats?

I wouldn't lol, it's so stupid.

D

Deleted member

We also have to remember: "sources most of the time might not mean anything." Remember when PapaGenos had a "pretty good" source during the whole Grinch Leak situation? Not to mention Vergeben's other sources that aren't Smash-related.

Oh, and Mother 3. Still waiting, Emily. :4pacman:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Calling it now, the first DLC is gonna be someone who kicks all the leakers' claims square where it hurts...

...I'm referring to the liver. Ever get hit there by blunt force? Horrendously painful.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
We also have to remember: "sources most of the time might not mean anything." Remember when PapaGenos had a "pretty good" source during the whole Grinch Leak situation? Not to mention Vergeben's other sources that aren't Smash-related.

Oh, and Mother 3. Still waiting, Emily. :4pacman:
Papagenos isn't really a leaker of Hitagi's status

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
One question that really scrambles my brain here is that, if Hitagi, Vergeben and anyone else that obtains real insider knowledge are truly legit, how come companies like Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, etc. haven't hammered down on them yet? Granted it'd be hard to on the internet to catch all of their accounts, but Incineroar & Ken were straight-up spoiled for those that wanted to find the info by looking on GameFAQs and the like.

NineS

Smash Lord

Unrelated, but I thought this was kind of funny.
I don't know who this sulay person is, but I want to thank them for asking this question.

the fact hitagi didn't end up saying no though is giving me some slight false hope. Still amusing to see their reaction, though.

It must be annoying to deal with questions like these so often, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom