• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I wish Barbara was still an assist trophy.

If she was, Harp Note's spirit would probably be a Megaman battle where Barbara constantly comes in to assist. That's about all I can think of for her, honestly :V

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Okay... my turn for the Spirits thing

You play as Sonic, fighting against a white Sonic on Isle Delfino... It's a normal fight, except for one thing... All the attacks he uses are grabs. If he grabs you and throws you, you will be unable to get back up in time before he grabs you again. So you need to dodge his grabs, or else it's gonna be game over for you

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Harvest Moon farmer for dlc, who's with me?

Or Sakurai could troll again and the harvest moon rep is a tree stump. :p
I can get behind a character from Harvest Moon only and only if this is the final smash:

Last edited:

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars

You play as Sonic, fighting against a white Sonic on Isle Delfino... It's a normal fight, except for one thing... All the attacks he uses is grabs. If he grabs you and throws you, you will be unable to get back up in time before he grabs you again. So you need to dodge his grabs, or else it's gonna be game over for you
oh oh its the failed game spirit

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816

You play as Sonic, fighting against a white Sonic on Isle Delfino... It's a normal fight, except for one thing... All the attacks he uses are grabs. If he grabs you and throws you, you will be unable to get back up in time before he grabs you again. So you need to dodge his grabs, or else it's gonna be game over for you
Silver!

KMDP

Smash Legend
Pikachu with the Agumon Spirit
Yoshi with an Agumon spirit would work better.

Because Yoshi and Agumon are both reptilian.

That or Charizard, because both are reptiles who breath fire.

Pakky

Smash Hero
:ultinkling:With the Blooper Spirit

As :ultmario: teach these kids a lesson before they ruin Isle Delfino !!

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I'm gonna take a short break
maybe come back when you guys stop being anti-furry are more willing to put up with me
I think it would help if you talked about characters that relate in any way to smash. Littlest pet shop has nothing to do with what anyone is talking about and it kind of just feels like spam.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
So, to get indulgent, a Marina Liteyears Spirits battle would be against an opponent using either a white alt or a green haired alt (or maybe just ROB) but the fighter uses grabs predominantly. The weapons available are the Super Scope and the Dragoon, and you have to defeat the opponent by sending them flying into the background. It takes place in...maybe Lylat Cruise with hazards off? Somewhere Omega to reflect the boss stages that also has the psychedelic aspects to it.

I've seen a Tron Bonne Spirit and an Aile Spirit.

If I don't get a dang Harp Note Spirit I'm gonna have to head down to Sakurai's place and make him face the music.
View attachment 176854
But not really though because Sakurai is a good guy who does good work
Star Force...you took so long to get good...but at least Harp Note exists.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118

The spirit is no use

D

Deleted member

How many we got, can go for a round two since limiting one per customer didnt give us enough. Reply to this and add one more. Mine shall be Riku as Sora's Echo cuz i know someone else had him.
20, now.
As for another character... oh, of course: Zoroark!

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
So, I saw PushDustin try this game on Twitter, so to get this thread back on topic, I'll bring it here.

Design a Spirit Battle for any character within the realm of possibility for Smash (so only videogame characters, and preferably from a company with some association to Nintendo), but don't name who it is, and let people guess it instead. And of course feel free to guess who others Spirit Battles are for.

I'll start.

You play as Bowser against a pink K. Rool who counters and nairs a lot in the boxing ring stage. Coins spawn when you hit K. Rool, and when he hits you, food spawns around him that he eats quickly.
You play as BotW Link and protect a Goldeen and a light-blue Falco from getting attacked by a jealous Zelda.

:awesome:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
You play as BotW Link and protect a Goldeen and a light-blue Falco from getting attacked by a jealous Zelda.

:awesome:
Can't tell if it's Ravioli or Mipha.

D

Deleted member

ok next five then. also zoroark is still an assist pokemon sadly.. broke my heart last night when i found that out along with gardevoir. No gen 3 or gen 5 reps now D:
Ikr? R.I.P. My 2nd fav Pokemon... Lucario and Braixen are tied for first because of my Super Mystery Dungeon Playthrough.
Also we have 21 with Zoroark so we only need 4 more

Last edited by a moderator:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Can't tell if it's Ravioli or Mipha.
I can run with this.

Ikr? R.I.P. My 2nd fav Pokemon... Lucario and Braixen are tied for first because of my Super Mystery Dungeon Playthrough.
Also we have 21 with Zoroark so we only need 4 more
with me asking me between any two pokemon its gonna be hard to decide, even if you put a gun to my head cuz i sort of love all of them. Even Trubbish. Everyone underestimates Trubbish.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

In a Pipe Dream World where Sony had stuff in Ultimate, i could see a battle against Crash using either a Jak or Nathan Drake spirit.

With a realistic idea in mind, i see him alongside a Pitfall Harry spirit as something more likely.

Last edited by a moderator:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Got 2 spirit concepts

1. You fight against a white ZSS on Yoshi's Island (Brawl), you'll only be able to kill her when you hit her while she's laying down

2. You fight against a blue Lil' Mac on a flat New Pork City, Lil' Mac's main method of attacking is primarily using his side B and dash attacks.

Good luck ya'll!

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I have one!
Falke (Street Fighter V): Basically a Simon that plays keep-away/plays more smart no matter what, and his trajectory with his Cross changes (Aerial goes downward, ground goes faster/fullscreen and can do a low ver. too)

(Y'know? Cause Falke is boring)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom