• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Zoe Trent as a spirit :troll:
But seriously, I'm more thinking about characters I DON'T want to see as spirits. Rayman comes to mind, we haven't seen one yet, which gets my hopes up for him being a DLC fighter.
spirits don't deconfirm fighters though

Pakky

Smash Hero
I am getting cognitive whiplash from trying to keep up with this thread

pls discuss spirits, pls, just everyone make a list of spirits you want to see in the game, i don't even care where they're from, they can be from a cereal box, just something smash-esque pls
Well

1541783855421.jpeg

Yes for :ultken::ultkrool:

D

Deleted member

pls discuss spirits, pls, just everyone make a list of spirits you want to see in the game, i don't even care where they're from, they can be from a cereal box, just something smash-esque pls
Ness + Dry Bones = Sans

Please.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Zoe Trent as a spirit :troll:
You just don't stop... do ya?

Basically anyone in my signature...

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
RUFUS SPIRIT FIGHT WHERE YOU HAVE TO FIGHT THE FIGHTING RYU TEAM AS GOLD K. ROOL BUT IT ONLY ENDS IF YOU FIND AND DEFEAT THE SOLITARY KEN
And the award for single greatest Spirits concept goes to...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

spirits are so cool tbh

I mean, everyone who's a Spirit canonically exists in the Smash Bros. universe, which is so cool imo

There are so many different interactions I'm waiting to see fanfic writers create (including some I'm writing right now)

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432

A Licker spirit from Resident Evil would be interesting for :ultyoshi: and more horror game representation.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
So, I saw PushDustin try this game on Twitter, so to get this thread back on topic, I'll bring it here.

Design a Spirit Battle for any character within the realm of possibility for Smash (so only videogame characters, and preferably from a company with some association to Nintendo), but don't name who it is, and let people guess it instead. And of course feel free to guess who others Spirit Battles are for.

I'll start.

You play as Bowser against a pink K. Rool who counters and nairs a lot in the boxing ring stage. Coins spawn when you hit K. Rool, and when he hits you, food spawns around him that he eats quickly.

Last edited:

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
spirits are great if you're part of the crowd who usually prefers secondary or tertiary characters to the main characters, because outside of Assist Trophies they never really got much love

SushiRoll

Smash Apprentice
Harvest Moon farmer for dlc, who's with me?

Or Sakurai could troll again and the harvest moon rep is a tree stump. :p

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'm sorry :cry:
Eh... don't worry, it's fine...
spirits are so cool tbh

I mean, everyone who's a Spirit canonically exists in the Smash Bros. universe, which is so cool imo

There are so many different interactions I'm waiting to see fanfic writers create (including some I'm writing right now)
Yeah, it's gonna be pretty fun to see them acknowledge a lot of the lesser known characters...

BTW, do you think the DLC characters will bring some spirits with them?
Like if Steve gets in, will we get some Minecraft spirits like a creeper, pig, and zombie?

KiBom

Smash Journeyman
So, I saw PushDustin try this game on Twitter, so to get this thread back on topic, I'll bring it here.

Design a Spirit Battle for any character within the realm of possibility for Smash (so only videogame characters, and preferably from a company with some association to Nintendo), but don't name who it is, and let people guess it instead. And of course feel free to guess who others Spirit Battles are for.

I'll start.

You play as Bowser against a pink K. Rool who counters and nairs a lot in the boxing ring stage. Coins spawn when you hit K. Rool, and when he hits you, food spawns around him that he eats quickly.
King Hippo!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
BTW, do you think the DLC characters will bring some spirits with them?
Like if Steve gets in, will we get some Minecraft spirits like a creeper, pig, and zombie?
Sure since the DLC newcomers except Cloud (gee I wonder why) came with their own bonus trophies.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
So, I saw PushDustin try this game on Twitter, so to get this thread back on topic, it'll bring it here.

I'll start.

Uhh.. that... cloud boss from Yoshi's story..?

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
People's general reaction to what @GothFluttershy posted.
Regardless, be careful with what you post in future, okay?

I'll start.

Hmm...

I'll have to think about that one.
Harvest Moon farmer for dlc, who's with me?
I'm in.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
spirits are so cool tbh

This is EXACTLY why I'm so excited. Fanfic and fanart is gonna explode. Everyone exists in the Smash universe now, and that means cool crossovers not to mention the really neat stuff that could involve the Spirits themselves. I got a hearty chuckle out of a picture of Wario with the Ouendan spirit becoming three fired up cheerleader Warios.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm gonna take a short break
maybe come back when you guys stop being anti-furry are more willing to put up with me

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I've seen a Tron Bonne Spirit and an Aile Spirit.

If I don't get a dang Harp Note Spirit I'm gonna have to head down to Sakurai's place and make him face the music.
72-Animation_080.gif

But not really though because Sakurai is a good guy who does good work

Last edited:

KiBom

Smash Journeyman
Play against Megaman and Peach on Willy's Castle. The Peach only picks up healing bombs that spawn and throws them to Megaman.

Pakky

Smash Hero
1541784563106.jpeg
Fat mac Spirit in:ultlittlemac:

:ultwiifittrainer: Has help him get fit by knocking food items out of him.

Whip that boy into fighting shape!

Yes I win.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Tron's spirit battle better involve her possessing Bowser Jr./a Koopaling.
Haha, she'd make a great Wendy spirit, yeah.

We've only seen her on menus and being equipped though, so dunno her abilities yet.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Play against Megaman and Peach on Willy's Castle. The Peach only picks up healing bombs that spawn and throws them to Megaman.
Hmm... Roll?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom