• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So I just went down the internet rabbit hole today and learned that some crocodiles gallop when they need to move quickly, so I just had to compare it to K.Rool's run cycle in Smash Ultimate.

It's hard to see because it's going so fast, but K.Rool's run has him alternate steps between his left and right feet (hands?) as opposed to the croc in the gif who moves both at the same time. Since he unfortunately doesn't seem to gallop himself, but then I also read that only small crocodiles actually gallop, so it makes sense. But then, out of curiosity, I decided I needed to see if I could rind a gif of a larger Crocodile running in a non-galloping manner. I couldn't find any, but instead I managed to find this.

Of course I'd come full circle.

Also, today I learned that you can usually see the teeth on both a crocodile's upper and lower jaws while their mouths are shut, while with an alligator, you can generally only see the teeth on their upper jaw since it is larger. However, when K.Rool's mouth is shut you can only see his upper teeth, like a gator.

^See how this croc has interlocking teeth?
His snout is still narrow and Croc shaped so I'll give it a pass, but don't pretend I'm going to just ignore the unscientific anatomy of your anthropomorphic cartoon characters, Nintendo!

Yeah I know, I'm a massive nerd.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
So I just went down the internet rabbit hole today and learned that some crocodiles gallop when they need to move quickly, so I just had to compare it to K.Rool's run cycle in Smash Ultimate.

It's hard to see because it's going so fast, but K.Rool's run has him alternate steps between his left and right feet (hands?) as opposed to the croc in the gif who moves both at the same time. Since he unfortunately doesn't seem to gallop himself, but then I also read that only small crocodiles actually gallop, so it makes sense. But then, out of curiosity, I decided I needed to see if I could rind a gif of a larger Crocodile running in a non-galloping manner. I could find any, but instead I managed to find this.

Also, today I learned that you can usually see the teeth on both a crocodile's upper and lower jaws while their mouths are shut, while with an alligator, you can generally only see the teeth on their upper jaw since it is larger. However, when K.Rool's mouth is shut you can only see his upper teeth, like a gator.

His snout is still narrow and Croc shaped so I'll give it a pass, but don't pretend I'm going to just ignore the unscientific anatomy of your anthropomorphic cartoon characters, Nintendo!

Galloping crocodiles are bae...

Also try to compare my boi to real life Yoshis

Wait... :yoshi:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think the word "deserve" shouldn't be used. I think "justified" is better. Mario and Pokemon are big, flagship series that are well-known, so more representation will appeal to more people. Having, for example, 6 Kid Icarus characters sounds strange because modern-day Kid Icarus only has one game and it also isn't as popular as Mario or Pokemon. It's not necessarily that it isn't "deserving" (which makes it sound inferior), it's just that it's not justified for where it stands in the grand scheme of things.
I think Sakurai will be focusing on adding characters to other franchises for a while before it's justified to do anything new for Kid Icarus, so I can understand why he's being modest about it this time (sorry, Viridi, Medusa and Hades fans).

What I don't get is why the Magnus AT had to be removed.

It's hard to see because it's going so fast, but K.Rool's run has him alternate steps between his left and right feet (hands?) as opposed to the croc in the gif who moves both at the same time. Since he unfortunately doesn't seem to gallop himself, but then I also read that only small crocodiles actually gallop, so it makes sense. But then, out of curiosity, I decided I needed to see if I could rind a gif of a larger Crocodile running in a non-galloping manner. I could find any, but instead I managed to find this.

Not any less fussy than showing concern for how Sonic and Crash Bandicoot do creative liberties for their animals, really.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, after seeing new gameplay of Dante's weapons in DMC 5, I now want Dante in Smash even more :).

Soulsaint

Smash Apprentice
Sora would fit so well in Smash Ultimate, name of the story mode alone is so Kingdom Hearts esque(kh story is basically light, darkness , worlds crossing over). I can also image the screenshots. Sora protecting the Nintendo princesses or teaming up with Duck Hunt Duo.

He is my number one want for DLC now, I so hope he will be one.

Dukemon

Smash Apprentice
Digimon Tamer VS Pokemon Trainer?
Not advantageous for Digimon I would say. In west Digimon has this problem to be a "pokemon clone", already. Digimon should unleashed the greatness of itself in Smash.

@
Soulsaint Soulsaint
: not the japanese one. ^^' and the european translations, too.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Ok guys, so whats your pipe dream?
Too many to list, but for the one that's likely this time, it would be nice to see Mona or Poochy as DLC.

I'm just gonna leave this here...

Is there a rule for characters who are too intoxicatingly cute to get into Smash? :yoshi:
Well, we just got :ultisabelle:, so I'd say no.

Last edited:

The_Naraotor

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1669-2956-1774
Guys about GameXplain last video about the DLC and their choices, they selected Tails in one of their pick for a suggestion for a DLC Character, then they were talking about Classic Tails whilst listening to their Youtube video I suddenly got in mind that TAILS GOT AN ARMY OF FLICKIES BIRDS, In their Super State, the Flickies' innate abilities far surpasses their normal ones, making them strong enough to smash Badniks with a single strike. In addition to retaining their flight capabilities, the Flickies also gain virtual invulnerability. So I can Imagine Tails become invicible during his Final Smash and the Flickies will do the jobs to Knock out any opponent who come at sight. Heck he can even combine that with the summon of Tornado Mecha and blast a laser.

I'm actually surprise to think of Tails in a Badass way lol

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Galloping crocodiles are bae...
Just going to ignore this part.
Also try to compare my boi to real life Yoshis
You know modern paleontologist believe that Yoshisaurs may have had feathers, although to what extent is still up to debate. Some believe juvenile yoshisaurs had a layer of fluffy down that they eventually lost when they got older, while others believe adult male yoshisaurs were covered in vibrant plumage used to attract mates. Of course, some argue that the only reason any yoshisaur fossils are found with feathers at all is because the Yoshi in question consumed a blue shell shortly before death, so the results are highly debated and the evidence is inconclusive.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
If it makes you feel any better, I was one of the people that actually kinda liked awakening.

Is this a confession?
Forgive me, Emil, for I have sinned.

well that and i think let's go won't actually be bad, just mediocre. it does stink compared to practically every other pokemon, i guess. i don't know. i haven't looked into it too much.
The diference is Awakening is actually a good game

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Well Zero thinks Roy is really good but Chrom has quite some issues to the point there were like 20 spots inbetween them on that list so I'm gonna wait for a bit
Funny how Chrom was universally considered "a better Roy" three months ago.

Even though I do agree that Roy will be better than Chrom, there's no way he's straying that far from Chrom on the tier list. Even with the buffs, a lot of Roy's past issues still exist. Recovery is still "meh", and it seems like he's still combo food in the air.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
As if Crocs werent scary enough. Now the mother****ers are galloping
Only the smaller ones tend to thankfully, and they more often use it more to run away then to attack, being ambush predators and all.

K.Rool may be unable to gallop, but Kaptraps might be able to if they believe in themselves enough.

D

Deleted member

Funny how Chrom was universally considered "a better Roy" three months ago.

Even though I do agree that Roy will be better than Chrom, there's no way he's straying that far from Chrom on the tier list. Even with the buffs, a lot of Roy's past issues still exist. Recovery is still "meh", and it seems like he's still combo food in the air.
I really can't see Roy being better than Chrom for the same reasons I can't see Lucina being better than Marth. The most spacing any character can get, the better they are, if that spacing is rewarded with actual good damage, knockback and frame data, then you are better than one that doesn't get rewarded for it. Sure, spacing isn't everything but when your moveset is the same except for the fact 80% of your hitbox is useless, you won't beat the guy who can kill you from the same distance you can hit them with a noodle stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom