• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Alright here's your argument for why Steve isn't a bad choice for DLC.

1) Minecraft is one of the most iconic games ever created. Releasing in 2009 and growing stronger and stronger each year.
2) It's a worldwide phenomenon. It was even the best-seller on the Switch in Japan the first half of this year.
3) He promotes a genre not yet properly represented in Smash, the survival/builder genre.
4) Potential for an extremely inventive, fun, and unique moveset.
5) Nintendo and Microsoft have great relations right now, thus negotiating this wouldn't be difficult at all.
6) Not only that, but his inclusion would only strengthen relations between the two companies, and rake in a lot of money AND attention.

There's others I'm sure, but these are some of the important ones I could think of. There's absolutely no reason he'd be a bad choice.
Pretty sure you didn't read his first post/comment :/
and wow! look at the string hanging XD Who said Smash has a need to represent genres!? Is this a new prediction citeria now?
Anyway, Nintendo better discuss Fortnite than MC. More mula $$ :D

Iridium

Smash Hero
Ninja Ryu vs. Fighter Ryu. I kinda want to see it happen. But I would love to see Strider Hiryu get in too (ninja bias).

Iridium

Smash Hero
I think I might start playing around with the Sound Test just to hear the characters' voices more clearly. Like, with :ultsimon: (:ultrichter:) :ultwolf::ultincineroar:.

And aside from that, I can't help but laugh at :ultyounglink:'s KO clip every time.

So we're on ninjas now?

Yes. You know, a Greninja main like me could be your equivalent. I just need to talk about water more...

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Ok guys, so whats your pipe dream?
For any of the cast of my gaming webcomics to be playable in Smash.

Those being
  • Gardevoir
  • Roll
  • Chansey//Audino
  • White Mage/Black Mage
  • Roger Wilco
  • Kirlia
  • Air Man

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Woah, did I hear someone say they're going to be the Zinith equivalent of Greninja? Sorry buddy, but I guess this makes us enemies. Greninja mains are my natural nemesises, you see.

Don't take it personally Iridium Iridium , but soon you'll be facing the wrath of Charizard!

Oh um, wrong gif. Oops. Let's try that again.

Anyway, as I was saying, soon you'll be facing the wrath of Charizard!

I don't even watch the anime, I just know a bunch of Greninja fans were salty when Ash Greninja got beaten by a Mega Charizard and I, being the sick person I am, find that hilarious.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Woah, did I hear someone say they're going to be the Zinith equivalent of Greninja? Sorry buddy, but I guess this makes us enemies. Greninja mains are my natural nemesises, you see.

Don't take it personally Iridium Iridium , but soon you'll be facing the wrath of Charizard!

Oh um, wrong gif. Oops. Let's try that again.

Anyway, as I was saying, soon you'll be facing the wrath of Charizard!

I don't even watch the anime, I just know a bunch of Greninja fans were salty when Ash Greninja got beaten by a Mega Charizard and I, being the sick person I am, find that hilarious.
I find it even funnier that Ash's Pikachu has lost to a [Lv. 5] Snivy that literally had never battled before that. I call it the reversion effect.

Fane

Smash Journeyman
Pretty sure you didn't read his first post/comment :/
and wow! look at the string hanging XD Who said Smash has a need to represent genres!? Is this a new prediction citeria now?
Anyway, Nintendo better discuss Fortnite than MC. More mula $$ :D
Notice how I didn't say Smash needs to represent.

I simply said it's a genre not yet represented in Smash, which is a great way to show some more diversity in character and game choice. After all, his game is easily the most iconic and popular of the survival/builders.

Also, I don't think Fortnite and Smash would mix well with literally anyone.

D

Deleted member

I find it even funnier that Ash's Pikachu has lost to a [Lv. 5] Snivy that literally had never battled before that. I call it the reversion effect.
That was because Zekrom took away Pikachu's electricity, the whole fight's point is to show that this happened Pikachu and that he will struggle unless he can get his powers back. It's basic storytelling but it's not bad storytelling.

Graizen

Smash Champion
They should call Stan Lee to make a variation of the Announcer voice in Smash.
Just like the old Spiderman games.

Bee Card

Smash Ace
Geno, Isaac, Mach Rider (as a trans person), a SNK character, Bandana Dee, Shiida from Fire Emblem 1, Captain Syrup, Elma, Shantae, Arthur from Ghosts'n Goblins, Ayumi Tachibana, Erdrick, Paper Mario and Deathborn :awesome:

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
I don’t feel like naming all of them so I’ll just name one.

Wario Land Wario (at least Shoulder Bash is back) and Wario Land content. Captain Syrup, Land stage, Land enemies, more music, just...anything really. Why ignore such an integral part of Wario’s history I’ll never understand.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
We finally got Piranha Plant, so I think my dreams of getting a pipe-themed character will go away. For now.

Jokes aside, I'd really like a Champion from BotW. I always thought the Zelda races would make great characters (especially the Zora and the Gorons), and all four of the Champions have special abilities that give them the potential to be a really unique, fun character.

Runner-up would be Zoroark, but I know that's never gonna happen until we get those Gen V remakes 6-8 years from now.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
A playable Master Hand. Like yeah, it sounds ridiculous, but a character representing Smash itself would be cool and Master Hand could have a really out-there moveset. Plus his grab game would be immense.

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman
A playable Master Hand. Like yeah, it sounds ridiculous, but a character representing Smash itself would be cool and Master Hand could have a really out-there moveset. Plus his grab game would be immense.
A grab bigger than Melee Marth´s...

Sign me in!

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Yeah I saw that tier list thing. It reinforces the hearsay that Junior has gotten worse, although I've seen a reddit post detailing how he had improved in a lot of areas and the notion he was overall nerfed is an exaggeration. I certainly hope so.

I don't particularly desire a powerful fighter to use because any victories I acquire (all two that I'll probably get) are due to me using something "OP" (as someone who voted for Bayo in the Smash ballot and thus intends to play her frequently, I'm weary of that reaction). But I also don't want to be using a fighter that makes playing an uphill battle when I'm not exactly skilled enough to compensate so I get frustrated.

According to that list, Incineroar is average, which is a happy medium between those two outcomes so I'd be happy with that.

Interestingly Squirtle and Ivysaur are strong, with the Trainer overall ranked as strong. So good but not overbearingly so, which is also highly acceptable. Charizard is average, weaker than the others, pretty ironic. No way I wouldn't use all three playing Trainer though.
The list seems a bit unreliable to me. It seems like the creators only took half the cast and reviewed them, while leaving the rest in the places they were in Smash 4.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I'm actually secretly hoping for Sandbag to discreetly be Character 71, who is the secret final character who's also an item :[

We finally got Piranha Plant, so I think my dreams of getting a pipe-themed character will go away. For now.

Jokes aside, I'd really like a Champion from BotW. I always thought the Zelda races would make great characters (especially the Zora and the Gorons), and all four of the Champions have special abilities that give them the potential to be a really unique, fun character.

Runner-up would be Zoroark, but I know that's never gonna happen until we get those Gen V remakes 6-8 years from now.
The fact that Zoroark even has a final smash essentially as a pokeball move just feels like a missed opportunity. He is by far the most popular Pokemon from Gen 5.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Notice how I didn't say Smash needs to represent.

I simply said it's a genre not yet represented in Smash, which is a great way to show some more diversity in character and game choice. After all, his game is easily the most iconic and popular of the survival/builders.

Also, I don't think Fortnite and Smash would mix well with literally anyone.
How's diversity related to game choice!!? By that then all Pokemons are not diverse, all form Mario World are not diverse as well.. and so on. That's not true, it's always character related.
Also survival builder!? who's competeing that feild? another 2 other games?
If you feel that way about Fortnite, then you can surely understand what most feel about Steve. It's the same feeling, won't mix well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom