• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I don't think a 70+ character roster will have a convincing tier list.
I would suggest we use a tier chart instead...

...Though at that point the question becomes: "what would we measure on this hypothetical chart?"

Complexity vs. Ease-of-Use?
Average Kill %?
Match-up Spread?
This just makes me sad that Tails is not in...again. We have all of the pieces in play to finally make that EGM hoax come true, except the little fox himself.

:urg:

Everyone has a different character for “I think they deserve a slot in Smash most,” and he’s mine. And now Shadow and Knux are both assists, but the 0G partner is just a spirit...

So, Sakurai, how about DLC echoes dropped randomly? I’d take Tails as a Sonic echo. Would fit with a Sonic 2 moveset (he didn’t fly freely as playable there), and then just change up some anims. You could make it work, I’m sure...
One look at my avatar should tell people my opinion on this.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Mario Party 2 was my first in the series, and I loved seeing the characters in themed costumes.

I always took Yoshi there. :yoshi: I still can’t decide which costume was my favorite, but the Western theme was really fun for everyone.

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
Lets see if we can sing a little...

Colors weave into a spire of flame~
It's a beautiful day outside.
Birds are singing, flowers are blooming...
On days like these, kids like you... Should be burning in hell.

Turn around kid, it'd be a crime,
If I had to go back on the promise that I made for you,
so don't step over that line,
Or else, friend, you're gonna have a bad time

But kids like you don't play by the rules,
And guys like me,
it ain't easy to be played for fools,
So let's go, let the room get chiller...
Let’s go dirty brother killer.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Mario Party 2 was my first in the series, and I loved seeing the characters in themed costumes.

I always took Yoshi there. :yoshi: I still can’t decide which costume was my favorite, but the Western theme was really fun for everyone.
Couldn't find a render of cowboy Yoshi (only the sailor one), so I had to make due... :yoshi:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Lopunny, Zoroark, Mienshao, Sylveon, and Zeraora come to mind for me.
I always wanted Wurmple, Meowstic, Eevee , Flygon, and Chandelure personally, myself...

Meowstic's my all time favorite Pokemon
I find it strange that Eevee isn't playable yet...
Ever since I bumped into this image, I wanted Wurmple in Smash
And Flygon and Chandelure to represent both Gen 3 and Gen 5 respectively

I already have some pretty good luck when it comes to favorite Pokemo in Smash
The Bulbasaur line is my favorite of the Kanto starters, with Ivysaur being the coolest if the bunch...
And Froakie and Litten were my chosen starters in X & Y and Sun & Moon respectively

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Why does this feel like a furry wishlist?
Because it-

Damn it, :ultgreninja:'d by the man himself.
Lopunny, Zoroark, Mienshao, Sylveon, and Zeraora
Is it bad that I knew what each of those were without looking them up? I'm not a Pokemon fan, I just............ know them :yoshi:
It's kind of funny to me that Pokémon, the Mon series made more for Kids, has quite a few characters one could consider "furry bait" (Gardevoir, Lopunny, Lucario, Zoroark, Tsareena, Salazzle, Zeraora), while Digimon, the Mon series made more for Teenagers, only has one that immediately springs to mind (Renamon).

Granted, that's because almost all the attractive female-form Digimon are human-like...

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Pokemon is the biggest media franchise in the world...
Imo, Pokemon doesn't have enough
With over 800 possible characters... there is so much potential for Pokemon when it comes to Smash bros
Yeah. To really put the “biggest media franchise in the world” thing in perspective for non-Japanese, the generic “Mickey Mouse and friends” brand is the fourth biggest, and Star Wars is the fifth biggest.

Pokémon has made $15 Billion more than Mickey, Donald, Goofy and all those guys, and $20 Billion more than Star Wars.

Pokémon just celebrated its 20th Anniversary two years ago, while Mickey is 90 and Star Wars is 41. And Pokémon still beats them by a solid chunk.

That’s absolutely insane.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Yeah. To really put the “biggest media franchise in the world” thing in perspective for non-Japanese, the generic “Mickey Mouse and friends” brand is the fourth biggest, and Star Wars is the fifth biggest.

Pokémon has made $15 Billion more than Mickey, Donald, Goofy and all those guys, and $20 Billion more than Star Wars.

Pokémon just celebrated its 20th Anniversary two years ago, while Mickey is 90 and Star Wars is 41. And Pokémon still beats them by a solid chunk.

That’s absolutely insane.
*imagines a world where The Pokémon Company decides to buy Disney just because they can*

D

Deleted member

Pokemon is the biggest media franchise in the world...
Imo, Pokemon doesn't have enough
With over 800 possible characters... there is so much potential for Pokemon when it comes to Smash bros
Oh my god, I went to the highest-grossing game franchise list... and holy cow, Smash has made a lot of money (although it's nothing compared to Pokemon...)
  • Console games – $2.373 billion
  • Amiibo – $74.04 million

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Imagine Mickey Mouse drunk at a bar.

''It's the kids these days. They just....don't like mouses anymore unless they can zap you with electricity from their cheeks. Little brats. *drunk hiccup* Aha!"

osby

Smash Obsessed

''It's the kids these days. They just....don't like mouses anymore unless they can zap you with electricity from their cheeks. Little brats. *drunk hiccup* Aha!"
He probably likes rabbits that can zap you with electricity from their remotes more.

EDIT: If you get this, I love you.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Guys, did you see Nintendo's YouTube channel?!
THE AVATAR ISN'T EVEN MARIO ANYMORE!

KMDP

Smash Legend

And on a drunken bender, he picks up a giant key and establishes a mighty kingdom that he never actually rules.
I don't think the "rep limit" argument matters anyways...
It's kind of silly, really.

I get the idea of arguing against more Marth archetype characters, but if they brought in, say, Camilla, she would most assuredly play totally different to Marth (especially if she was riding her Wyvern).

It doesn't matter how many characters you bring in from a single series if they all bring something new to the table. One could even argue that Lucina, Roy and Chrom are sufficiently different to justify their existence.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Fatal Frame is co-owned by Koei Tecmo.
Given its significance as an assist trophy in the direct.

Koei Tecmo DLC?
Ninja Gaiden?
Hyrule Warriors?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Guys, did you see Nintendo's YouTube channel?!
THE AVATAR ISN'T EVEN MARIO ANYMORE!
DID THEY MADE IT FREAKING SMASH LOGO?

Wow, they really have no big titles this year.

I've seen enough to know TPC is intentionally trying to get kids addicted to Pokemon by subliminally transforming them into furries.

My proof?
Dunno, I do that to my cats too, before they smack me.

And on a drunken bender, he picks up a giant key and establishes a mighty kingdom that he never actually rules.

It's kind of silly, really.

I get the idea of arguing against more Marth archetype characters, but if they brought in, say, Camilla, she would most assuredly play totally different to Marth (especially if she was riding her Wyvern).

It doesn't matter how many characters you bring in from a single series if they all bring something new to the table. One could even argue that Lucina, Roy and Chrom are sufficiently different to justify their existence.
I actually would argue Lucina and Chrom are sufficiently easy to justify their existence.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I've seen enough to know TPC is intentionally trying to get kids addicted to Pokemon by subliminally transforming them into furries.

My proof?
Um... that's certainly... interesting. :laugh:

Also, Gardevoir is the top Pokémon "Waifu", and it's Mega form looks like it's wearing a Wedding Dress. Certainly nothing going on there, not at all.

D

Deleted member

I would suggest we use a tier chart instead...

...Though at that point the question becomes: "what would we measure on this hypothetical chart?"

Complexity vs. Ease-of-Use?
Average Kill %?
Match-up Spread?

One look at my avatar should tell people my opinion on this.
Tier chart doesn't really work because a tier list already assumes all players are at the same skill level and using the most of of a character. Knowing Cloud takes less skill to master than Bayo doesn't matter because it doesn't tell us how balanced the matchup is.
It’d make absolutely no sense but Revali with a gun would be so funny I wouldn’t care.
Sakurai: "We will be distributing the Echo Pack containing 5 Echo Fighters for free for those who bought the Fighter Pass. The characters included in the pack are:
-Revalli with a gun(Falco Echo)
-Zoroark with a gun(Fox Echo)
-Werewolf from Castlevania with a gun(Wolf Echo)
-Slippy Toad(Marth Echo)
-Gun(Bayonetta Echo)
We hope you enjoy playing as them."

KMDP

Smash Legend
Tier chart doesn't really work because a tier list already assumes all players are at the same skill level and using the most of of a character. Knowing Cloud takes less skill to master than Bayo doesn't matter because it doesn't tell us how balanced the matchup is.
It would help people new to the scene know who to pick-up if they're just starting out though (without having to go and look it up).

D

Deleted member

Found this fancy image on twitter

We need one who fits into all 3

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ANYONE WHO ENJOYED MY REMIXES: From now on, I will have a link to a playlist of them in my signature. I'll be posting more, so be sure to check regularly! :3

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom