• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I've seen enough to know TPC is intentionally trying to get kids addicted to Pokemon by subliminally transforming them into furries.

My proof?
Wow he's really rubbing that cat...

hmmm?

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
why does he look like he's trying to take a **** but if just won't come out

I mean the render's fine the post and face just look... off
It's because it's just the Smash Render mirrored across the center.

D

Deleted member

Okay, real talk here: I'm not trying to spam, but IF Zoe got in, what would all of your first reactions be? Be completely honest.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
I've seen enough to know TPC is intentionally trying to get kids addicted to Pokemon by subliminally transforming them into furries.

My proof?
Looking at Zeraora's face and remembering its pokedex entry...
Ultra Sun - It electrifies its claws and tears its opponents apart with them. Even if they dodge its attack, they’ll be electrocuted by the flying sparks. Ultra Moon - It approaches its enemies at the speed of lightning, then tears them limb from limb with its sharp claws.
This looks like seconds before Ash gets mauled to bits
Found this fancy image on twitter

But there's too many sword fighters!!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Okay, real talk here: I'm not trying to spam, but IF Zoe got in, what would all of your first reactions be? Be completely honest.
Angry why.

They could take one of many non-game characters that are either requested, or have valid connections to video games (Goku, Batman, E.T., etc.) and instead take a random kids show character that I had never heard of outside of this thread.

osby

Smash Obsessed
".....................................what?" Then "Sakurai really can make anyone a fighter."

MainJPW

M.T.A
Sonic drowns, Mega Man does not.

Simple logic (I mean I guess...)
It’s a cute little reference to his Aquaphobia but it just seems like an unnecessary disadvantage and doesn’t make any sense. Like yeah, Sonic can't swim but water doesn't damage him. He can go in and out of water just fine in the games.

Sonic's known to drown pretty easily in water because Sega thought hedgehogs couldn't swim (Though that is actually wrong)...
That's why he has a life jacket on in the Mario & Sonc Olympic Games
I know all that, but water doesn’t damage him.

KMDP

Smash Legend
It’s a cute little reference to his Aquaphobia but it just seems like an unnecessary disadvantage and doesn’t make any sense. Like yeah, Sonic can't swim but water doesn't damage him. He can go in and out of water just fine in the games.

The water damages his lungs MainJPW!

And that's no good.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Looking at Zeraora's face and remembering its pokedex entry...
Ultra Sun - It electrifies its claws and tears its opponents apart with them. Even if they dodge its attack, they’ll be electrocuted by the flying sparks. Ultra Moon - It approaches its enemies at the speed of lightning, then tears them limb from limb with its sharp claws.
This looks like seconds before Ash gets mauled to bits

But there's too many sword fighters!!
It's funny because there's only a couple characters who rely purely on swordfighting, a lot of the sword fighters are very unique.

Roy's fire, Corrin's dragon stuff, Robin's spells, Shulk's Arts, Cloud's Limit, (Toon/Young) Link's gadgets and items, etc etc

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So I just went down the internet rabbit hole today and learned that some crocodiles gallop when they need to move quickly, so I just had to compare it to K.Rool's run cycle in Smash Ultimate.

It's hard to see because it's going so fast, but K.Rool's run has him alternate steps between his left and right feet (hands?) as opposed to the croc in the gif who moves both at the same time. Since he unfortunately doesn't seem to gallop himself, but then I also read that only small crocodiles actually gallop, so it makes sense. But then, out of curiosity, I decided I needed to see if I could rind a gif of a larger Crocodile running in a non-galloping manner. I couldn't find any, but instead I managed to find this.

Of course I'd come full circle.

Also, today I learned that you can usually see the teeth on both a crocodile's upper and lower jaws while their mouths are shut, while with an alligator, you can generally only see the teeth on their upper jaw since it is larger. However, when K.Rool's mouth is shut you can only see his upper teeth, like a gator.

His snout is still narrow and Croc shaped so I'll give it a pass, but don't pretend I'm going to just ignore the unscientific anatomy of your anthropomorphic cartoon characters, Nintendo!

Yeah I know, I'm a massive nerd.
That’s some fine info to be learning at this hour
DID THEY MADE IT FREAKING SMASH LOGO?

Wow, they really have no big titles this year.
Smash is all they need

If it makes things better for Sonic taking water damage...think of the water countdown before he dies

osby

Smash Obsessed

It's not that big of a disadvantage. Plus, it's a cute reference. Alternative would be making him swim like Red Pikmin.

D

Deleted member

I can't wait to counterpick Sonic to a water stage!

Oh wait, something's not right here...no one plays Sonic at my locals

:happysheep:

Last edited by a moderator:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
So, some tiny leaks news, or at least, things might happens soon?

Someone send this To Hitagi-
Yeah you guys got a lot of hate during the leak period just because people didn't like what you guys were saying, but at least now you guys are getting a little more respect now and I definitely appreciate you guys giving us info when we could've been completely blind this entire time. Thanks to you guys we even have hope of getting an idea of what the dlc characters are too so that's pretty crazy.

On that note, I'd like to ask if you don't mind, have you come across anything new since the last leak or is it still up in the air?
And he answered this
Nothing I am allowed to say but there is stuff on the horizon
Source

So...stuff might happens sooner than we might think?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I can't wait to counterpick Sonic to a water stage!

Oh wait, something's not right here...no one plays Sonic at my locals

:happysheep:
because you said that, Chaos Control will be used to make everyone at your locals play Sanic...but not bring Shadow

TriggerX

Smash Ace
Considering Square's financial situation, I would not be surprised if Geno's rights get bought back by Nintendo eventually or were at least offered.(probably the whole cast of smrpg) It is a useless property for them to hold on to. With their financial report coming light, I can see Square having 2 forms of representation in Smash. Especially if this whole Cygames thing doesnt work out.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Considering Square's financial situation, I would not be surprised if Geno's rights get bought back by Nintendo eventually or were at least offered.(
You know that Square-Enix's ""loss"" is just them putting more money on a studio for AAA games right?
Their stocks actually raised by 4% after that news.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

He just takes damage in the water, doesn't drown.

Isn't that usually involves strangling?
It can be done by putting water down your throat and then forcing yourself to throw it up after ejaculation during the choking event

okay we're getting dangerously off topic

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom