• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I think the person who made that forgot that Corrin actually has a projectile (even if it's only one).
A lot of characters only have one but Corrin is pretty interesting either way.

Also, why Zelda is a projectile fighter, she has the same amount with Sheik? Is it because all those multi-hit, disjoint moves?

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Found this fancy image on twitter

There's a lot wrong with that graph. Pit and Dark Pit still use swords, those swords just happen to be dual wielded and can combine to form a bow. In general, a lot of people in exclusively the projectile section can be considered brawlers, such as G&W, Samus, Duck Hunt, hell, Villager. Greninja has water swords, Pac-Man is very projectile heavy...

KMDP

Smash Legend
I think you forget Corrin is a Marth clone like every sword user, and Marth don't have a projectile.
All Sword users are the same.

Even when they have completely different moves and animations, they use a sword, so they're the same.
---
Further thoughts about my earlier point about Pokémon and Digimon
Pokémon: Makes a monster that becomes incredibly sexualized by fans.
Digimon: "**** it, we know you're going to, so let's just do it for you." (e.g. Lilithmon, warning, provocative; Venusmon and Mervamon, there are more, trust me)

Last edited:

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
WAIT LMAO HOW DOES MARIO COUNT AS PROJECTILE/BRAWLER BUT THE DOC AND LUIGI DON'T??? FLUDD???

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Not related to anything but there are three fighters in Ultimate who take damage from being in water: :ultsonic::ultinkling:, Charizard.

Is there anyone who they could've add?

KMDP

Smash Legend
Not related to anything but there are three fighters in Ultimate who take damage from being in water: :ultsonic::ultinkling:, Charizard.

Hmm...

The Wicked Witch of the West.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Surprised :ultincineroar: Isn't one of them
Not only because he's a fire type, but also that thing about most cats hating water

D

Deleted member

:ultincineroar:? Or maybe:ultrob:/:ultmegaman:?
Also

Clone.png
Please learn this to heart

Last edited by a moderator:

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816

I mean. ROB's a robot, and electronics generally don't belong in water.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
It's still weird :ultken: being an echo, he's faster than Ryu. Eh, I'm not going to stack them anyway, so it won't change much outside of classic mode.
I find it weirder that he took it a step up from Chrom and straight up has two completely unique normals/tilts.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have proof for Rayman:
- Rabbid Peach has a Spirit, but Rayman is absent
- Starlink was just released on the Switch
- Shantae, Shovel Knight, and other popular third parties have been deconfirmed
- This:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I have proof for Rayman:
- Rabbid Peach has a Spirit, but Rayman is absent
- Starlink was just released on the Switch
- Shantae, Shovel Knight, and other popular third parties have been deconfirmed
- This:
If Smash fans are really this interested in clouds, we'll have plenty of meteorologists in the future.

D

Deleted member

Between Crash and Spyro i always liked the lil purple dragon more...
I’ll be completely honest:

Both franchises have so many things in common, that i even consider both franchises as a single one.

Basically, i see them as Pokémon Crash Bandicoot and Pokémon Spyro The Dragon. You can choose between a linear platformer and an open world one, but they work together.

That’s why i find it natural that Spyro joins Smash if Crash gets in first, and viceversa. One needs the other.

Note: i don’t know if this message got posted already, because this text was still present when i changed the page of the thread. If it was posted already, i apologize.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
If Smash fans are really this interested in clouds, we'll have plenty of meteorologists in the future.
"If you look closely, you can see that this cloud formation coming from north-east kinda looks like Bandana Waddle Dee, confirming he will be DLC in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Heavy rainstorms will be coming in tonight, also a hint at another water-type Pokemon joining the roster."

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Future? We started ten years ago, if they still couldn't be one, I'd say it's a lost cause.

D

Deleted member

"If you look closely, you can see that this cloud formation coming from north-east kinda looks like Bandana Waddle Dee, confirming he will be DLC in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Heavy rainstorms will be coming in tonight, also a hint at another water-type Pokemon joining the roster."
Of course, tropical storm Isaac is undisputable proof that Isaac is in

D

Deleted member

The things cursed on Smash Speculation:

-Number 7.
-Clouds.
-*Comment more stuff*
Future? We started ten years ago, if they still couldn't be one, I'd say it's a lost cause.
Plot twist: they are already meteorologists, but they want to hide that.

The_Naraotor

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1669-2956-1774
Considering that Final Smashes are quick and to the point in Ultimate this probably wouldn’t be an idealistic Final Smash. I imagined that Tails’s Final Smash would just be similar to the Star Fox trio where he summons the Tornado-1 (also Tornado 03; it combines the design of Tornado 1 and 2 from SA1 and X-shape transformation from Tornado 2 with the upgrades from the Cyclone from SA2) that he uses from Unleashed and Generations:

Lost World uses a new model closer to the original Tornado.

However, the Tornado-1 makes a cameo in Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games so whatever.

Transforming into the X-shape for greater speed:

And finally firing off the homing missiles.

This type of Final Smash makes sense in canon if you consider that in Heroes it’s shown that Tails can just leave the Tornado whenever he wants, suggesting that it’s in autopilot until he needs it again.
I'm kinda more fan of the classic era of Sonic and I'd rather have Super Tails with his armies of murdering Flickies than his Mecha Tornado.

KMDP

Smash Legend
You can say the same about Sonic but here we are.
Sonic drowns, Mega Man does not.

Simple logic (I mean I guess...)
The things cursed on Smash Speculation:

-Number 7.
-Clouds.
:ultcloud:?
-------------------------------
You know, it always kind of shocks me that people don't understand how Obedience works in Pokémon.

So many people think that any Pokémon that goes over your level threshold will disobey orders, when it's only Outsider (i.e. Traded) Pokémon (and in Gen III, Mythical Pokémon who weren't met in the correct way) who will disobey you if they go over the level threshold.

Even some Pokétubers have believed this myth, it's really quite mind-boggling.
(I mean, I knew how obedience worked all the way back in Gen I, when I was 8, because I actually read the damn manual).

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
You can say the same about Sonic but here we are.
Sonic's known to drown pretty easily in water because Sega thought hedgehogs couldn't swim (Though that is actually wrong)...
That's why he has a life jacket on in the Mario & Sonc Olympic Games

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don’t want to take a risk, so i’ll ask here:

Could Vergeben’s sources know about more stuff similar to the Luigi’s Mansion 3 tease in the Castlevania trailer?

If so, maybe that would help the F-Zero theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom