• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I want a colab between him and Kojima. Imagine
Everyone wears skin tight leotards or bodysuits and has a near-perfect butt.

One of the characters having the perfect buttocks is a major plot point.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Honestly shocked that Sakurai went as far as to separate Yoshi as a different series but never gave him another rep
kamek is RIGHT THERE

he's RIGHT THERE

you can't even make the excuse of him having the same name as a generic enemy in japan anymore, just DO IT GOT DAM IT

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
I know exactly what you mean. I'd throw my money at them without second thought if they had a collaborated game project.
It would be amazing.

Sadly, however, I think Yoko Taro is probably a bit more focused on getting NieR Automata on the switch first, and he did say he'd like to release a remastered version of Drakengard 1, and 3. Probably 2 as well...

So, before we get a collab with Kojima and Taro, I'm going to try to push for a collab with Snake and 2B at the very least. Even if it won't probably happen any time soon...
They both have the ability to make a serious plot with very deep themes (ie. the purpose of war and the state of existence) but it's like occasionally they realize they can just be 13 year old boys and they give characters hella cake

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
I want a colab between him and Kojima. Imagine
Oh GOD. I don't think that I want to see death stranding, MGS, and Nier inspired game ever in my life. I will brought that **** even if it's ps4 only.

Mark my word, KOJIMA IS ****NIG GENIUS OF VIDEO GAME AND NO ONE CAN CHANGE MY MIND OTHERWISE

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
kamek is RIGHT THERE

he's RIGHT THERE

you can't even make the excuse of him having the same name as a generic enemy in japan anymore, just DO IT GOT DAM IT
There's always a chance...

I know I say Poochy all the time since Nintendo milks his adorableness all the time, but it could just as well be Kamek...

D

Deleted member

So, the taste of the hour is 2B's ass and Johnny Test memes. We really are hitting the stride.

...Eh, might as well get it out of the way before the inevitable 2nd Hype Cycle for Smash Ultimate comes on December 6th, where we all will go back to each other's throats. :denzel:

Oh, also Mother 3 for Switch leaked.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
There's always a chance...

I know I say Poochy all the time since Nintendo milks his adorableness all the time, but it could just as well be Kamek...
please just release kamek as advertisement for crafted world

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Daily reminder that Smash Bros is literally just competitive PVP Kirby.
Speaking of Kirby PVP, I wouldn't be surprised if we get a sequal to Kirby Fighters on the switch. It seems like such a waste to add all of these dream friends without something like that

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Speaking of Kirby PVP, I wouldn't be surprised if we get a sequal to Kirby Fighters on the switch. It seems like such a waste to add all of these dream friends without something like that
Why can't they just give us a Kirby newcomer already?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So, the taste of the hour is 2B's *** and Johnny Test memes. We really are hitting the stride.

...Eh, might as well get it out of the way before the inevitable 2nd Hype Cycle for Smash Ultimate comes on December 6th, where we all will go back to each other's throats. :denzel:

Oh, also Mother 3 for Switch leaked.

**** me you just made me realize that Youtube on the Switch is going to make it so much easier for people to bull**** this stuff

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Oh yeah. I wonder if that's any good. Undertale is unironically a very well-made game.
It's just a demo right now, meaning you can only play through chapter 1, but it's a really ****in' strong start. I'd highly recommend it, it's just as good as Undertale.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
All this Johnny Test memeing reminds me of a certain piece of fan art I saw on r/fireemblem a while back. Behold the next DLC newcomer, everyone's favorite FE swordsmen!
Source.

Last edited:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
All this Johnny Test memeing reminds me of a certain piece of fan art I saw on r/fireemblem a while back. Behold the next DLC newcomer, everyone's favorite FE swordsmen!

Source.
My ****ing jeez, Rowan is just a nicer Johnny Test.
(I'm also a Rowan/Sakura main in Warriors so yay)

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I can see what you're saying, but the character adds to the weapon. As Trunks told King Cold in DBZ "You should know that a weapon doesn't make the man". Yes some weapons can be wielded by multiple characters, but its not the weapon itself that makes the character unique. The weapon definitely adds to them, but in the end its character themselves that choose how to handle the weapon. If they are a very cocky fighter they will make bigger and longer ranged attacks. If they are more of a calculating fighter they will wait to see an opening and then make a big attack. Until then they most likely will stick to smaller attacks to not exert themselves. Much of the character's personality is factored in play style and weapon choice. As for female reps, I think It could be a nice change. We don't have as many female reps compared to male reps. 16 females including Inkling,Robin, Wii Fit Trainer and Corrin, that can also be male, compared to 43 males. I really do believe having Edelgard for example would nice as she would be another female character. Her moves would be unique due to wielding an axe. And given her royalty nature, its most likely she would not be a very aggressive fighter. Instead a more quick and powerful fighter. As for how further Edelgard would be unique we don't know as the game she's in has not been released. Krytsal would be unique, but unfortunately she's an assist. And yes I think Im following on what you are saying. Iv played as him before he is pretty interesting too bad they didn't add him in SS5. Or Guy also that one is still surprising to me that he is not in SS5. Yeah theres one of the songs from Samurai Warriors thats more epic but I cant remember what its called.

Have you tried listening to Akuma's theme and Gouken's theme at the same time? You have to time it just right, play Akuma's theme after two seconds play Gouken's theme. If you time it just right they will compliment each other, by almost sounding like one song.
I'm not sure if you've got me correctly. That's what I'm saying, so the question would be, what makes Jade?
Again, I don't put that in inclusion calculation or think it should. Gender shouldn't be a ticket, the place goes for the best at it, male or female. Say we're looking for a tomb raider, then that's Lara. Say we're looking for a (realistic) ninja, that's Ryu.. and so on. Going through that line one would say, we need more robots, we need more animals.. etc. I don't think that's the way a fighter should be selected.

Yeah, I still haven't bought SFV. I'm willing to, I wish Hakan was there but that won't stop me. I'm not in a hurry though, Arcade edition now, not sure if more will be added soon or I should go for the hunt now :p

They do, mostly at the begining. Nice observation :)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
*sighs*

Always good to go out with a bang, huh?

There were going to be six KI reps.

But then Thanos visited the Kid Icarus world before they could leave to join Smash 4.
Pit was given a letter from Thanos asking if he and his crew wanted to die or not, and since he can’t read...you can see where I’m going with this

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
Kameks always been a huge want of mine. I think a magic user like him has a lot of potential for an interesting moveset!

(He’s in the same boat of characters I want that will never happen, which is composed of Kamek, Starfy, Master Chief, Pheromosa, Vault Boy, Pauline, and Tifa. I’m a complex man with complex needs.)
also I’d be fine with goku too

NineS

Smash Lord
Is it like a sequel or some kind of other events in the same universe kinda ****?
So far, it's ... Unknown?

Seems to be a "side-quel" of sorts. It isn't seemingly connected to Undertale at all, and it is its own story. No Frisk, few returning characters, new main character, only one chapter so far.

Seems to take place in some alternate timeline/universe type of ordeal, but you can already see how many connections it has to Undertale

Toby Fox was developing Deltarune alongside Undertale way before Undertale even released.

Any references or coincidences are intentional.
So far, people are saying it's.. A prequel of sorts in an alternate Universe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom