• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Square Enix better put their act together or they'll go the way of Telltale Games. I do not want to live in a timeline where a favorite game company growing up gets bought out by a company oo the Brisk of being a Media Monopoly(you know who I'm talking about).
They're nowhere close to being another Telltale games

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Didn't FFXV break even within 15 hours of sales?
listen i made this because its a weird coincidence that star allies announces its incredible last dlc pack and then ff15 unceremoniously announces that its cancelling everything and going home

i thought it was funny

KMDP

Smash Legend
Kingdom Hearts 3.2 Unfounded - A New Chapter: Notes Left From The Past

There, that's probably the next game.
Pst. Don't tell anyone, but I stole Nomura's list of future game names for the Kingdom Hearts series.
Kingdom Hearts: Garland of Thoughts
Kingdom Hearts: Live, "Yeerrhh!", Repeat
Kingdom Hearts: Parabola of Sight
Kingdom Hearts: Diary of a Spiky Kid
Kingdom Hearts: The Miracle of Fruitball
Kingdom Hearts: Kingdom Harder
Kingdom Hearts: Requiem for a Nobody
Kingdom Hearts: Those Magnificent Kids and their Magic Keyblades
Kingdom Hearts: Baby Don't Hurt Me
Kingdom Hearts: Old Man Sora
Kingdom Hearts IV

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Square Enix better put their act together or they'll go the way of Telltale Games. I do not want to live in a timeline where a favorite game company growing up gets bought out by a company oo the Brisk of being a Media Monopoly(you know who I'm talking about).
Square Enix took a massive hit sure.
But like, they've still got a dozen really profitable IPs supporting them.

They'll be fine.

D

Deleted member

The sad thing is is that this could totally be true.

Like, I could imagine it being a game segment similar in length to KH 2.8 a Fragmentary Passage or maybe even 258/2 Days where you go through all of the loose plot holes from the Xehanort Saga, and it'd be included alongside a second movie for KHUx and another port, either 358/2 Days, Re:Coded, the ****ing phone game, or the current port collection on PS5.
See, this is why Monolith Soft is the new king of JRPGs, I'm in utter shock the fact that there's possibilities for that AND Kingdom Hearts 4. Even ****ing Metal Gear Solid finished their timeline, as crazy as it is.

Not to mention:

IT ONLY TOOK MONOLITH TWO GAMES AND A DLC EXPANSION TO EXPLAIN XENOBLADE FOR ****S SAKE.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
listen i made this because its a weird coincidence that star allies announces its incredible last dlc pack and then ff15 unceremoniously announces that its cancelling everything and going home

i thought it was funny
As much as FFXV was ****...
It's never funny to have DLC or games cancelled... especially since it's obvious that people's cared for the Characters and world inside of Square-Enix.

But guess all things goes to an end. Hopefully the team will go to help FFVIIR.
One things FFXV did good wasthe Characters chemistry out of battle/comment. They better keep that in FFVIIR

ZelDan

Smash Master
As someone who disliked FFXV so much that he didn't even finish it, I can't say I'm upset at the fact that FFXV is finally about to die. Now I can look forward to FFXVI coming out in a couple decades. Maybe the game will even be half complete when it launches! :awesome:

LetterO

Smash Lord
You know, we all keep talking about how Sora could be a Game Awards reveal, but a Bethesda rep wouldn’t be too strange, either. Doom Eternal IS coming out later next year.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
As much as FFXV was ****...
It's never funny to have DLC or games cancelled... especially since it's obvious that people's cared for the Characters and world inside of Square-Enix.

But guess all things goes to an end. Hopefully the team will go to help FFVIIR.
One things FFXV did good wasthe Characters chemistry out of battle/comment. They better keep that in FFVIIR
yeah it definitely sucks for them, i feel bad

but its still funny

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
See, this is why Monolith Soft is the new king of JRPGs, I'm in utter shock the fact that there's possibilities for that AND Kingdom Hearts 4. Even ****ing Metal Gear Solid finished their timeline, as crazy as it is.

Not to mention:

IT ONLY TOOK MONOLITH TWO GAMES AND A DLC EXPANSION TO EXPLAIN XENOBLADE FOR ****S SAKE.
But why tell a story in two and a bit games when you can tell it 8 and then keep going with new sagas? Think of the $$$$$

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

Not to mention:

monolith soft isn't the king. they've made one great game, one eh game and the unholy abortion known as xenoblade 2

atlus and square are far better

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
I was watching a few old fanmade videos about smash and it really puts things in hindsight.
One example of such would be this one:

First, I didnt realice how old the fanbase for Ashley really is. Second, I am suprised everyone of the characters for the transition (except Leaf/Green) havent made it into smash yet.
You reminded me of this:
For the record, the female voice in the old Brawl Taunts (samus especially) is Kira Buckland.
A.K.A., 2B.
Whether you like it or not, 2B has always been involved in the Smash community. Even before she was conceived.
and i'm just spreading awareness of it.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

i thought it was funny
You're good. I liked the meme for what its worth.
Square Enix better put their act together or they'll go the way of Telltale Games. I do not want to live in a timeline where my(?) favorite game company growing up gets bought out by a company on the brink of being a Media Monopoly(you know who I'm talking about).
??? (I fixed your grammar by the way)

Square Enix is far from Telltale Games. They have a wide multitude of popular and successful franchises, and enough money to float them through some failures here and there. Final Fantasy 15 was massively successful, Kingdom Hearts 3 will be massively successful, and FFVII Remake will sell gangbusters. I wouldn't be worried about them being bought out any time soon.

Also I doubt Disney would buy out Square Enix because they're working with other game companies like EA for video games. They'd likely get bought up by Sony, Nintendo, Sammy (the company that owns Sega and Atlus), or maybe even Microsoft.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Okay...you're like the fifth person I've seen with a anthromoprhioc animal as an a profile pic lol.
Oh, there's LOTS of them all over the internet even if they aren't furries

I know this...
Well, I am a furry. =P Very much a grey muzzle by now with how long I've been one.

Back when Brawl was around we used to have a little group of furry smashers who hung out. xD I'm still friends with one to this day, though I don't know if he is on these boards any more. =P

Noipoi

Howdy!
You reminded me of this:
For the record, the female voice in the old Brawl Taunts (samus especially) is Kira Buckland.
A.K.A., 2B.
Whether you like it or not, 2B has always been involved in the Smash community. Even before she was conceived.
Come on guys.
You know you wanna reunite Kira with Smash bros.
Get 2B in here.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
monolith soft isn't the king. they've made one great game, one eh game and the unholy abortion known as xenoblade 2

atlus and square are far better
This. Persona, SMT, Final Fantasy, and Dragon Quest games are all pretty much explained within one game.

Also Xenoblade 2 isn't a good game.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Xenoblade 2 isn't a good game because it's an awesome game.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
xenoblade 2 couldn't even live up to my incredibly low standards of the rabbit girl being cute. one piece managed to do that and oda can't draw women for ****

D

Deleted member

osby

Smash Obsessed
xenoblade 2 couldn't even live up to my incredibly low standards of the rabbit girl being cute. one piece managed to do that and oda can't draw women for ****
Nah, he can do it, he just stopped doing it somewhere around the timeskip for some reason.

This. Persona, SMT, Final Fantasy, and Dragon Quest games are all pretty much explained within one game.

Not a big fan, but XC2 was pretty successful and it did receive critical acclaim. Saying it's not good it subjective, so I don't think it's a minus for Monolith Soft.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

also they're all better made games

hell, ubisoft's jrpg styled games (child of light and south park) blow monolith soft outta the water

nintendo should have bought atlus instead of monolith soft

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Nah, Square Enix still made Nier Automata, so they've got a place in my heart.
I go back to that game to this day just to style on robots.

I uhh... can't do any of this. But the game's still fun.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
also people saying disney has a media monopoly is funny, especially when they're talking movies. like, there's movies other than 300 million dollar super hero movies and star wars

D

Deleted member

Personally I'm glad to know there are people who hate Xenoblade 2 as much as I do.
Because **** Xenoblade 2. Where's my X port Nintendo, that game deserves another chance.
Good for you. But as someone who genuienly liked XC2, the amount of hate it gets here, and only here, is exhausting to trek through. So, I'm gonna tag out o here now. Let me know when you guys are through bashing it for the, what, 5th time?

D

Deleted member

Yeah, and Kingdom Hearts has the worst story telling in any video game, yet it's regarded as a classic and we meme the **** out of Donald Duck and Goofy of all characters with anime and Final Fantasy. Also, Persona 5: 2.2M | Xenoblade 2: 1.52M. 2/3rds and it being a JRPG ain't bad at all.

Guess you can't win them all, right?

H U H.png

Last edited by a moderator:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
You reminded me of this:
A.K.A., 2B.
Smash for also had the anime opening and the what you did in the dark amv. I kind of wish there were more fanmade videos for this smash cycle but I havent seen almost anything. Wonder why?

But why tell a story in two and a bit games when you can tell it 8 and then keep going with new sagas? Think of the $$$$$
More like not being able to tell a story in 8. There is barely anything between all those games that can be called a cohesive coherent story.

D

Deleted member

also people saying disney has a media monopoly is funny, especially when they're talking movies. like, there's movies other than 300 million dollar super hero movies and star wars
They don't have a monopoly, but they've been a juggernaut at the box office for a long while now. And with their acquisition of Fox, they're poised to become even bigger.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199

Xenoblade 2 isn't a good game because it's an awesome game.
PLEASE, can't we not have this discussion again? It's getting too old and it is getting heated here.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
User was warned for this post; double posting(please edit your messages instead)
yeah but they don't make the same money
Doesn't matter. They still exist.
Yeah, and Kingdom Hearts has the worst story telling in any video game, yet it's regarded as a classic and we meme the **** out of Donald Duck and Goofy of all characters with anime and Final Fantasy. Also, Persona 5: 2.2M | Xenoblade 2: 1.52M.

Can't win them all, right?

View attachment 176627
kingdom hearts has more competent storytelling than xenoblade 2

and p5 has hit 3 million

They don't have a monopoly, but they've been a juggernaut at the box office for a long while now. And with their acquisition of Fox, they're poised to become even bigger.
Yes, but that isn't a monopoly. Warner and Universal are definitely able to compete with Disney

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Yeah, and Kingdom Hearts has the worst story telling in any video game, yet it's regarded as a classic and we meme the **** out of Donald Duck and Goofy of all characters with anime and Final Fantasy. Also, Persona 5: 2.2M | Xenoblade 2: 1.52M.

Can't win them all, right?

View attachment 176627
Nah, actually, I'm going to disagree with you on this one.
Kingdom Hearts's story-telling is actually really well-done with dozens of great character moments and scenes
It's got some genuinely good drama in there nestled between the Disney Final Fantasy weirdness.

Now Kingdom Hearts's actual story is some ridiculous insane nonsense that Nomura probably came up with when he was reaaaaaaally drunk, split across 50 bazillion games that are all, for some reason, canonical. Like I've played 90% of the games' plot and I still get lost sometimes.

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
ten more kingdom hearts games is actually a good thing because each game has stellar new monster designs and thats basically the best reason to play the games, alongside enjoying the cheesy story

Ivander

Smash Legend
kingdom hearts has more competent storytelling than xenoblade 2
Competent storytelling doesn't use time travel as a last resort.

That said, the first Kingdom Hearts game's story was good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom