• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

potato69

Smash Apprentice
Smash Ultimate is one month away until release. Half of that time is approximately 2 weeks, or 14 days. I can get through half of that, or 7 days, relatively smoothly if I am occupied with work/other hobbies and responsibilities for a few hours each day. Therefore, I just have to get through 2 simple 2-week periods, twice, until I can finally enjoy the game. This has been me mentally preparing myself for the final 30 days. Thank you for listening to my TED talk. Here's a picture of me leaping through the space-time continuum until the big day.

On a side note, I wish Daisy pulled something instead of turnips. Maybe Mario Party dice blocks or something? How would you guys further de-echo current echo fighters if you were forced to?

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Am I one of the only people that find Filthy Acts at a Reasonable Price to be a ****ing awesome stand name (And also find it kind of better than it's original name).

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
We gotta wait until 2020 for Flaccid Pancake.

View attachment 176614

I never understood why they don't use the real names when they all use Engrish so you know what's being said. It's dumb.
Aren't they changed when they are writing subs?

Am I one of the only people that find Filthy Acts at a Reasonable Price to be a ****ing awesome stand name (And also find it kind of better than it's original name).
It's good, but Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap was a ****ing awesome song, so I'm biased.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
On a side note, I wish Daisy pulled something instead of turnips. Maybe Mario Party dice blocks or something? How would you guys further de-echo current echo fighters if you were forced to?
:ultrichter: Hydro Storm
:ultchrom: Give him more Ike moves
:ultlucina: Trash her entirely she can't be saved
:ultken: Already good as is

:ultdarkpit: Don't get me STARTED on these ones. :ultdarksamus:

Aren't they changed when they are writing subs?
The names are, yes.
They aren't redoing voice lines so Crunchyroll can hear Kira's JP voice actor say DeAdLy QuEeN

Last edited:

Yatagarasu4

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1048-9705-8601
Switch FC
SW-1119-7285-9411
You really want to say Filthy Acts at a Reasonable Price every time you refer to the stand? It's much easier to just say D4C, also Filthy acts is a horrible name

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
honestly i enjoy the changed localization names like that more than the original ones in general

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Smash Ultimate is one month away until release. Half of that time is approximately 2 weeks, or 14 days. I can get through half of that, or 7 days, relatively smoothly if I am occupied with work/other hobbies and responsibilities for a few hours each day. Therefore, I just have to get through 2 simple 2-week periods, twice, until I can finally enjoy the game. This has been me mentally preparing myself for the final 30 days. Thank you for listening to my TED talk. Here's a picture of me leaping through the space-time continuum until the big day.

I'd make them unique characters.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
FFXV sold decently and Square is still updating the game and has plans for more dlc, so I think it's possible
no dude, the dlc just got all cancelled aside from the second episode. they lost 33 million dollars off of it and the director left on october 31st

BrytonJ

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5522-4120-7832
Hey Olimar is the character of the day! My original and only true boi, and the only character I've ever felt really strongly about getting into smash.

Of course, he got into Brawl so my wishing for him didn't last very long. I guess everything worked out in the end!

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I actually shocked (heh) that NOONE compared Incineroar's up B to Dire's Thunder Cross Split attack as a joke.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
FFXV died?

How so, care to explain?
FFXV sold decently and Square is still updating the game and has plans for more dlc, so I think it's possible
Three of the four DLC episodes got canned. Tabata is leaving Square. Expanded mod and RTX support for the PC version got canned. The Luminous Engine is being dumped entirely in favor of UE4

Last edited:

Yatagarasu4

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1048-9705-8601
Switch FC
SW-1119-7285-9411
no dude, the dlc just got all cancelled aside from the second episode. they lost 33 million dollars off of it and the director left on october 31st
Oh wow, I'm not caught up at all. I had no idea any of that was happening

KMDP

Smash Legend
You really want to say Filthy Acts at a Reasonable Price every time you refer to the stand? It's much easier to just say D4C, also Filthy acts is a horrible name
Excuse me, "Filthy Acts At A Reasonable Price" is hilarious.

Or would you prefer the suggestion I made earlier?: "Nefarious Practices Performed Inexpensively".
Three of the four DLC episodes got canned. Tabata is leaving Square. Expanded mod and RTX support for the PC version got canned. The Luminous Engine is being dumped entirely in favor of UE4
So all the rest of the dlc except for episode ardyn got cancelled and the director left the company
I see...

That's unfortunate.

osby

Smash Obsessed
FFXV died?

How so, care to explain?
They will stop supporting the game via DLC soon, which is considered as unfortunate by the most fans, since many felt the experience was incomplete.

D

Deleted member

FFXV died?

How so, care to explain?
Well, it gave Final Fantasy XIII a run for it's money. That's for sure. Honestly, I'm not sure about "died" but Final Fantasy XV certainly was "diarrhea coming out of my ****". SEW's video on FFXV is pretty damn good, by the way, to give some context.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Excuse me, "Filthy Acts At A Reasonable Price" is hilarious.

Or would you prefer the suggestion I made earlier?: "Nefarious Practices Performed Inexpensively".

I see...

That's unfortunate.
Yeah, I'm really disappointed, especially about the no rtx support. Would have made the game look even better on PC

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Honestly the way SE handled the development of Final Fantasy XV, base and DLC was just poor and one of the primest examples of the most glaring flaws of modern gaming right now.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Part 4 Josuke would be broken in doubles. :p
Perfect heals for his team-mate at any time.

He can also heal his opponent, but after he does so there's a high chance something about their moveset won't work right.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

no game should take ten plus years to make
What are you talking about? This is Tetsuya "I Wanted to Turn Final Fantasy Versus XIII -- I Mean -- Final Fantasy XV Into A Musical" Nomura we're talkin' about! These games always come out stellar, if you give him the time!

y'all better pray for Kingdom Hearts 3 and it not only being good but completing the entire story from top to bottom

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Were probably gonna be in a timeline where the Minecraft kids are gonna team up with toxic request fans, and the likes of Castlevania, Bayonetta, METAL GEAR and maybe some furries.

Oh boy would I hope to see for a kid making a Minecraft parody of WAHHHOOOOOOOOOOOO-WAHHHOOOOOO, and Kaz Speech.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Perfect heals for his team-mate at any time.

He can also heal his opponent, but after he does so there's a high chance something about their moveset won't work right.
man that part of the ability got retconned quick once he was the registered white mage
you'd think they'd just make koichi make katakana that heals you

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
What are you talking about? This is Tetsuya "I Wanted to Turn Final Fantasy Versus XIII -- I Mean -- Final Fantasy XV Into A Musical" Nomura we're talkin' about! These games always come out stellar, if you give him the time!

y'all better pray for Kingdom Hearts 3 and it not only being good but completing the entire story from top to bottom
Kingdom Hearts 3 isn't going to complete the story and you know it.

Nomura has already said that it's only going to be the end of the Xehanort stuff (which presumably still leaves the Master of Masters stuff open for sequels).

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Maybe Mario Party dice blocks or something? How would you guys further de-echo current echo fighters if you were forced to?
:ultdaisy: is the first I’d go for too. I’ll assume I can’t go nuts with the moveset and am only semicloning...
  • Remove the float
  • uSpecial becomes a clone of Mario/Luigi - she jumps and punches a Dice Block. It randomly goves a number between 1-6, which shows how poweful knockback/damage are (like GnW’s Judge)
  • fSmash trades the frying pan for a baseball bat. She also gets Ness’ ability to bat away projectiles with the bat, racquet, or golf club.
  • dSpecial has her spawn a soccer ball item and will be a powerful soccer kick forward if used when a soccer ball is onstage
  • nSpecial has a Shy Guy instead. Yeah, they’re not exactly Sarasaland, they’re Subcon, but better than toads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom