• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
so is this list supposed to be an entire thing of square enix characters or is it other characters too

LetterO

Smash Lord
Gonna add Sylux to my list of possible DLC characters due to the Dark Samus alts thing. If he's confirmed to be in Metroid Prime 4, I'm gonna go and say he's pretty likely for a DLC spot.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Didn't Verge say he actually heard about Piranha Plant but neither he nor his source believed it was legitimate? And to be fair, who would believe it until they actually see it with their own eyes?
The funny part is that one 4Chan leak got it right and went completely unnoticed among the fakes, the only thing they got wrong was how PP moves around.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

I'm just gonna leave this here and hope you have a hearty chuckle as much as I did.
In Incineroar's defense, he's a slow superheavy with no projectiles of his own. A match up with a zoner character is not going to go well for him. He has plenty of reason to be scared.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
so is this list supposed to be an entire thing of square enix characters or is it other characters too
Vergeben's list is a list about Square-Enix characters that he got, not only from his Main smash source, but even from outside source who aren't connected in smash apparently.
Which is why he's 100% sure that there is a Square-Enix characters as DLC

Bionichute

Smash Champion
The funny part is that one 4Chan leak got it right and went completely unnoticed among the fakes, the only thing they got wrong was how PP moves around.
even then you can still kind of mistake it for a car if you are only half paying attention. and its not like p plants haven't driven cars before, odd enough as that is

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
It's not that three were disconfirmed.
It's just:
>Vergeben have SEVEN NAMES
>He himself commented that "If we were to get more than one Square-Enix character, I wouldn't complain when I see the names" meaning they're probably S-rank Square-Enix characters
>Out of those SEVEN NAMES, 3 come backs a lot
>Out of those SEVEN NAMES, there is some that were told to him that they weren't the character for Smash.
Well since we're on the topic of Square reps, if you guys had to guess the 7 characters that Verge has heard, who would you pick? I want to get a better picture of who else people might expect besides the obvious choices.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm confident in Verge's info. He hasn't been wrong yet. So, I beleive the fist two will be a Square Enix character and a Minecraft character. It helps me distill my hope.

For Square, I have a couple options. First establishing the fact that Sora is owned by Disney, so that list likely doesn’t count him. Obviously I want Geno. I wouldn’t turn my nose up at Slime (or Rocket, the name that the Slime from the spinoff series goes by) but if I picked a Dragon Quest Character, i’d go with Erdrick. Do them up like Robin or Corrin.

Minecraft. They could go with Steve. Or a character from Minecraft Story Mode. They’d probably use Steve though. I just hope Alex is used as an alt costume.

As for the final three. I gotta go with Banjo first. It would be a big nostalgia grab. I can just imagine Minecraft bringing Nintendo to the negotiating table with Microsoft, and then bringing up Banjo. One thing leads to another and then bam!

As for the last two, I feel confident saying its two of three options. A Namco character, a Ubisoft character, or a Bethesda character.

I really want Heihachi Mishima for Namco. To those who say that he won’t work, I say play PlayStation All-Stars (Screw you, that game rocks). They got him up and running there.

For Ubisoft, the obvious choice is Rayman. Or Rabbid Mario. Maybe. Bethesda could go either way between Vault Boy, Last Dragonborn, and Doom Slayer. That last one is who I’d pick, even if Vault Boy makes me laugh on a level similar to Piranha Plant.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Promoted assists:
1. Burger King Black Knight
2. Waluigi
3. Rodin
4. Zero (and he'll be as strong as he is in the Vs games)
5. Shadow

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
In Incineroar's defense, he's a slow superheavy with no projectiles of his own. A match up with a zoner character is not going to go well for him. He has plenty of reason to be scared.
And here I just thought it was...

''Heh. It's funny cause cats and dogs hate each other. Heh."

Damn son.

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
he had actual names there though. this is him saying he has a list but not actually giving any proof he has one. i'll believe him if he actually gives any specifics but i could go onto 4chan and say i have a list of characters if i wanted to
You could. However you also wouldn't have anyone talk about it, because you didn't leak as much from the game as Vergeben has, or, well, anything.

Why would he make something up this late into everything, after we already know all of the base roster? He hasn't been incorrect so far, so why start now? Just so people don't take him seriously anymore? Why would he want that?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Well since we're on the topic of Square reps, if you guys had to guess the 7 characters that Verge has heard, who would you pick? I want to get a better picture of who else people might expect besides the obvious choices.
Sora
Erdrick
Geno
Lara Croft
Neku
Crono

Those are the only names I'm really aware of though tbh

Graizen

Smash Champion
This is my new wichlist for the DLC!
What you guys think? ( I was not the one that made this image )

TheDLC.jpg

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
-Sora
-Geno
-Erdrick
-2B
-Neku
-Crono
-Bartz

First establishing the fact that Sora is owned by Disney, so that list likely doesn’t count him.
The issue is that, Vergeben is puposely avoiding the question when we asks if Sora is a Disney or Square-Enix rep ever since August, while answering others Question on GameFaqs which probably means that Sora is AT LEAST on the list, even if not the one.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
-Sora
-Geno
-Erdrick
-2B
-Neku
-Crono
-Bartz

The issue is that, Vergeben is puposely avoiding the question when we asks if Sora is a Disney or Square-Enix rep ever since August, while answering others Question on GameFaqs which probably means that Sora is AT LEAST on the list, even if not the one.
How do we know he's purposely avoiding the question?? Dude must get asked hundreds of things a day.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I think that if Nintendo is picking the characters the chances of not-cartoon characters (as Dovakhin/Master Chief/etc) became much lower. Nintendo still prefers to encourage not-realistic graphics and style. I think a character from what Retro studios is currently working will appear, but we don't know their project yet.
Also a character from the new Fire Emblem is a given.
Banjo chances skyrocketed IMO.
I think Geno won't make in.
I also don't know why, and it goes against my previously speculation that not-cartoon character have less chance, but I started to think that Lara Croft can happen. It would be biggest gaming icon since Cloud.
I also thinks that Waluigi chances got a lot better now, I personally think that Sakurai wouldn't take his assist status away, but Nintendo already recognized Waluigi as a very requested character (unfornately).
Hope there's a need to advertise Donkey Kong again in the future, because Dixie must be in this series.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
And here I just thought it was...

''Heh. It's funny cause cats and dogs hate each other. Heh."

Damn son.
I'm pretty sure the "cats vs dogs" thing is still the actual joke, I was just being a nerd.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
-Sora
-Geno
-Erdrick
-2B
-Neku
-Crono
-Bartz

I get you. And you make be right. But Legally, Sora belongs to Disney. Technically Nintendo wouldn’t need to go through Square at all to get him, so if they’re talking to Square, it kind of makes you think it’s not about him.

Squirtle/Mario guy

Smash Journeyman
I think that if Nintendo is picking the characters the chances of not-cartoon characters (as Dovakhin/Master Chief/etc) became much lower. Nintendo still prefers to encourage not-realistic graphics and style. I think a character from what Retro studios is currently working will appear, but we don't know their project yet.
Also a character from the new Fire Emblem is a given.
Banjo chances skyrocketed IMO.
I think Geno won't make in.
I also don't know why, and it goes against my previously speculation that not-cartoon character have less chance, but I started to think that Lara Croft can happen. It would be biggest gaming icon since Cloud.
I also thinks that Waluigi chances got a lot better now, I personally think that Sakurai wouldn't take his assist status away, but Nintendo already recognized Waluigi as a very requested character (unfornately).
Hope there's a need to advertise Donkey Kong again in the future, because Dixie must be in this series.
u forgot a very certain someone but if it's on advertising well, maybe i won't/will go well ?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
How do we know he's purposely avoiding the question?? Dude must get asked hundreds of things a day.
Because people asks questions about multiple things and sometimes sneak the sora question in the middle, he wil Answer question A/C but not B. It's something that a lot of people realized on GameFaqs- Also, knowing Vergeben, if Sora was BS and not on the list, like at all, he would say it knowing him lmao.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Top 3:

Sora
Geno
Neku

Unlikely 4:

Lara
Slime
Tidus
Crono

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Guys, imagine this. A Mii Swordplay character from Wii Sports Resort where it's gimmick is that you maneuver the sword by using the right analog stick, and if your opponent attacks you where you parried you sword, they'll flail back allowing you to strike.

Edit: Y'know that gimmick should've been used as a Special for mii swordfighter.

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Didn't Verge say he actually heard about Piranha Plant but neither he nor his source believed it was legitimate? And to be fair, who would believe it until they actually see it with their own eyes?
To be honest, I don't think anyone would have believed it even if the entire reveal video had been leaked beforehand. Piranha Plant could only be proven in hindsight. Even most sources would probably look at and say 'Your not serious right?' and revealing it would be kind of pointless for the insiders because no one would likely believe it and cause people to dogpile on them lol.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I wonder which characters nintendo picked, but the question is whether or not they want to base on the ballot again.
They're not always just about the money, so there could be some good picks in there.

Tho also, their games are good, so marketing picks could be good too :)

Bionichute

Smash Champion
its gonna be slime guys. really do not get your hopes up about for sora or geno
though if its 2b that would actually be killer

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Guys, imagine this. A Mii Swordplay character from Wii Sports Resort where it's gimmick is that you maneuver the sword by using the right analog stick, and if your opponent attacks you where you parried you sword, they'll flail back allowing you to strike.

Edit: Y'know that gimmick should've been used as a Special for mii swordfighter.
*Flashes back to 9-year-old child randomly swinging his arms around, nearly breaking everything around him*

...Nah I'm good.

Troykv

Smash Master
How much had evolved the DLC speculation? Which are the runner-ups now? xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom