• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Nintendo: "so we were thinking if we could use one of your characters for the next Smash..."
Bethesda: "well, sure, just let me check with Todd."
*Bethesda turns around to face Todd Coward voring an entire sofa, he stops and opens his mouth towards Nintendo and Bethesda, reveaking an entire void insite it*
Todd Coward: "HAVE. YOU. BOUGHT. SKYRIM. YET?"
*Bethesda turns around to Nintendo and Todd continues to consume everything in his past*
Bethesda: "Todd says you can use Skyrim."
Sounds like a real story

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
So, Ryu Hayabusa. How likely do you think his chances for Ultimate DLC are?
I'd bet against it, but it would be awesome. The main thing he has going for him is that Koei Tecmo content is in the game and that they have a solid relationship and history with Nintendo.

Give him his special weapons from the original trilogy, standards from DoA, and a FS from the reboot games

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Say we got a second wave which was soley based on promoting Assists, who would you want promoted?

Honestly I only really personally care for Isaac (started playing Godlen Sun recently and fell in love).

Also Skull Kid supporters were really nice to us Bandana Dee fans so I would like to see them get there chance!

Oh, also, Waluigi, Akira and Isaac.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Because it's been exactly one week since Sakurai made the statement, "We haven't began working on the DLC yet."

Sakurai is full of suprises, but is a month and a half enough time to create a character who's ready to be shown off to the public?
The Direct says all the characters in the pass are going to be out by Feb 2020. That means they have 15 months from launch to put out all 6 DLC characters.

You're probably going to get one every two months.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The Direct says all the characters in the pass are going to be out by Feb 2020. That means they have 15 months from launch to put out all 6 DLC characters.

Seems fair to me, at least it would kill off this speculation period's "drought" urges.

I'd bet against it, but it would be awesome. The main thing he has going for him is that Koei Tecmo content is in the game and that they have a solid relationship and history with Nintendo.

Give him his special weapons from the original trilogy, standards from DoA, and a FS from the reboot games
It would be funny if Linkle was also tossed in as a package deal of sorts.

Bionichute

Smash Champion

we basically know that piranha plant is coming out feb 15th thanks to them giving that as the date of the amiibo, so that means we potentially won't be getting the next character until like, april. that's still ample enough time to reveal one lol

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
This is an old post, but I want to clarify something.

This does not mean that SE had a net loss for the fiscal year. As of 9/30/18, SE has profits of 8.6 billion yen. The extraordinary loss was due to the company restructuring a division and writing off intangible assets. This is more of an accounting loss rather than any real money leaving the company. They are not struggling for money.
http://www.hd.square-enix.com/eng/news/pdf/19q2earnings.pdf
Good information SmashChu.

I kind of wish this community would stop using business documents or business processes as evidences of things happening. It's kind of like the trademark situation all over again.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Now on another note we don't discuss

A Bethesda newcomer would be BEYOND hype
ESPECIALLY if it were Dragonborn
I've been thinking about this a lot. I'm not even a Skyrim fan (the game got boring quick for me) but there is no way in hell Dragonborn as a character WOULDN'T be incredible. Same with a stage. That'd be so hype.

KiBom

Smash Journeyman
Just made a bet with my brother that 2 of Katalina, Steve, Sora, Dovahkiin and Katalina would be the DLC characters monkaS

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Say we got a second wave which was soley based on promoting Assists, who would you want promoted?

Honestly I only really personally care for Isaac (started playing Godlen Sun recently and fell in love).

Also Skull Kid supporters were really nice to us Bandana Dee fans so I would like to see them get there chance!
Isaac, Shovel Knight, Bomberman, Alucard (all faves of mine) and Krystal for a friend.

I assume if we got an ARMS rep it'd be like Twintelle or someone else cool which is why I didn't go with Spring Man.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If I was Sakurai, I'd do like Simon and take influence from the NES games for his specials, but be willing to implement more modern things (such as the Xbox Ninja Gaiden games) for certain :GCA: moves and whatnot. Stuff such as the Art of the Fire Wheel (All of the OG Trilogy), Windmill Throwing Stars (All of the OG Trilogy), duplication techniques (Ninja Gaiden II), and Jump & Slash technique (OG Ninja Gaiden) are pretty basic choices for :GCB: moves.

I'd also make clinging onto walls one of his big gimmicks, being that you can cling and attack with weaker (for the sake of Smash shurikens.

Untitled.png

D

Deleted member

*not actually an anime based on dragon quest slimes, just the concept of a character becoming a slime in a fantasy rpg setting

you got me excited for this dude, i would watch the hell out of a dragon quest slime anime
That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime(it's a light novel adaptation, get used to long titles) is actually really good and pure and the only isekai I have dared to watch ever since Re:Zero. It takes itself as seriously as you could take a slime being overpowered but even in its humor it manages to build a concise world and justify the MC being broken.
Sounds like a real story
Well yeah, no duh, I saw it happen myself.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
With the Squenix rep..

If it's Sora, one of my IRL best friends will be over the moon as he was for Cloud, so I'll be able to be happy for him big time, as well as my friends like DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon and Nekoo Nekoo

If a DQ rep gets in I'll just be ****ing sad. I can muster some love for Slime at least, but that's really it. Actually I'd enjoy that Jade girl but that's really it.

If Geno's in, my entire life is complete.

So...I'm in a tough area!
Pretty much me here except I'd be super happy for Luigi The President Luigi The President if Geno got in.

A DQ rep would be okay I guess. Slime would be my least favorite newcomer in Smash history, Erdrick would be okay, and Jade is the best case scenario.

If Sora is in I'll never ask Sakurai for anything ever again.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Vault Boy remainds the only Bethesda character I want....

Except maybe that dragon that can clip through a building and kill vital NPCs. That would be a sweet Final Smash and very Bethesda accurate.

''DRAGON ELIMINATES 1/4th THE ROSTER!"

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Pretty much me here except I'd be super happy for Luigi The President Luigi The President if Geno got in.

A DQ rep would be okay I guess. Slime would be my least favorite newcomer in Smash history, Erdrick would be okay, and Jade is the best case scenario.

If Sora is in I'll never ask Sakurai for anything ever again.
I don't even know Jade I'm just "ooo prettey ladey" lmao

If Sora's in I can easily recognize that as being bigger than Cloud imo so I'd respect it to death and back.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Nostalgia :ultsimon: value.
I'd take it.
Honestly I feel like Ryu Hyabusa, Chrono, and Banjo really top off the classic Nintendo icons for the NES, SNES, and 64 respectively missing from Smash. Totally subjective and personal opinion, but I'd be super happy just to get any of the 3.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If I was Sakurai, I'd do like Simon and take influence from the NES games for his specials, but be willing to implement more modern things (such as the Xbox Ninja Gaiden games) for certain :GCA: moves and whatnot. Stuff such as the Art of the Fire Wheel (All of the OG Trilogy), Windmill Throwing Stars (All of the OG Trilogy), duplication techniques (Ninja Gaiden II), and Jump & Slash technique (OG Ninja Gaiden) are pretty basic choices for :GCB: moves.

I'd also make clinging onto walls one of his big gimmicks, being that you can cling and attack with weaker (for the sake of Smash shurikens.

View attachment 176534
This what I would do also. Blend the classic and modern Ryu into one for Smash. But I'd have his apperiance be his modern outfit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom