• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yes they would because Disney makes no decisions regarding Sora without involving Square and Nomura. The Vice president of Disney Japan confirmed this(HMK interview) that they always consult Square and Nomura. So if Nintendo wanted to negotiate with Disney regarding Sora in Smash, Disney would not agree unless Nomura and Square were involved.
Oh. I legitimately did not know this. Thank you for correcting me.

KiBom

Smash Journeyman
Well since we're on the topic of Square reps, if you guys had to guess the 7 characters that Verge has heard, who would you pick? I want to get a better picture of who else people might expect besides the obvious choices.
Slime
Erdrick
Sora
Lara Croft
Sephiroth
Geno

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
While I'd love that idea, I think Piranha Plant might be the only character for February. I expect the first fighter pass DLC to come in April.
If it did come out in April, then I wouldn't expect an announcement of that character until a month or 2 before. That's how it was in Smash 4, with the exception of Mewtwo when he didn't even get a trailer until close to his release. If the character is revealed at the VGAs, then I would expect the release more towards February...

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
There really be people out here who forget Cooking Mama as a lowkey viable Smash Square Enix character.
Oooh, I like the idea of being a Battle-Support character that uses recipes to create dishes to either support herself (Quite Shulk) or support her allies in team battles/Co-Op modes, while also defending herself with tools like a frying pan.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Ashley was my number 2 overall (number 1 after Ridley was confirmed) until she was deconfirmed. I never went too big into supporting her since I was trying to prepare for college at the time.

As for Waluigi, why not? He's the hunk of Nintendo after all. (If he only got his own game).
I'd sell my first born child to Nintendo for Waluigi to get a game.

Graizen

Smash Champion
I think i never told it here but , my mains:

Yoshi, Ike, Little Mac, Pac-man and Roy

Bee Card

Smash Ace
Well since we're on the topic of Square reps, if you guys had to guess the 7 characters that Verge has heard, who would you pick? I want to get a better picture of who else people might expect besides the obvious choices.
My pick :

GENOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Tina/Terra from FFVI
Jade frome Dragon Quest XI
Erdrick
A slime
Crono from Chrono Trigger
Lara Croft

Bonus : Bub & Bob from Bubble Bobble (Taito is owned by SE)

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Huh. I actually didn't know Cooking Mama was under Square Enix.
Imagine if she was announced at the VGAs (That would be amazing).
I'd love cooking mama, she'd be a great random pick. Plus she's cute.
I can imagine it'd be a fun moveset with food and pans, and all that

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Sora
Geno
Lara Croft
Neku
Noctis (Sephiroth’s sword is too big)
Crono
Aya Brea (Parasite Eve is such a forgotten gem)

Last edited:

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
I find it odd that despite the Rabbids being in Smash Ultimate as Spirits, there may be a chance Rayman might not be a playable character. I wonder if Nintendo decided to choose Microsoft over Ubisoft to add a playable character.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Honestly, the best part about World of Light for me right now is knowing what mode that picture of :ultlink::ultmarth::ultshulk: against Rathalos happened to be a part of.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Sora
Geno
Erdrick
--------
Noctis
Terra
Neku
Lara Croft

D

Deleted member

Is it just me or does Ultimate have more personality than Smash 4?
I'm not trying to knock Smash 4, but the mural and the classic mode screen give Ultimate a very nice "everyone is here" feeling.
Though considering that's the theme of the game I suppose it makes sense.
Wait, Smash For had personality?

...I'm sorry, what.png

Teeb147

Smash Legend
ff9 is coming to the switch with ff7, so

please vivi?
Black Mage is renown throughout the FF series tho.
But I wouldn't mind just vivi. Tho i have lots of FF characters I like.

I'd like to see Terra, or Lightning, or Tifa

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’m still abiding by the idea that each character will rep a new series. (Geno is in a weird grey area where Square might want him separated out with his own series symbol to denote ownership). I almost have to because a Three Houses character will legitimately anger me.

I’m not completely against Fire Emblem characters, I’m a strong proponent of Medeus. But that’s mostly because he doesn’t do anything that the other FE characters do, unlike the Three Houses protagonists.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
It is a nice list though my biased heart wants to see Paper Mario (or B-K) somewhere on that list.

Cool! Glad to meet another fellow fan of the character.
Check out my sig.
Long ago I was the go-to person for Paper Mario in this thread. I've wanted him for 4 years.
Thank you for joining the Paper Mario army.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
In my opinion, Smash 4's personality is more like "Hey, here's another Smash bros. with more characters/stages, it exists".

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
Since Nintendo selected the DLC, these are potential choices I think they could have gone with. Basically a mix of fan favorites, guests from franchises that have appeared on Switch and characters from recent/upcoming games they can promote.

Banjo-Kazooie (Banjo-Kazooie)
Byleth or Edelgard (Fire Emblem: Three Houses)
Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot)
Doom Slayer (DOOM)
Erdrick or Slime (Dragon Quest)
Geno (Super Mario RPG)
Monster Hunter (Monster Hunter)
Pokemon from Gen 8 (Pokemon 2019)
Rayman (Rayman)
Rex & Pyra (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
Steve (Minecraft)
Waluigi (Super Mario)

Crash Bandicoot, DOOM, Dragon Quest, Minecraft, Monster Hunter and Rayman are all third party franchises that are major on Switch.
Banjo-Kazooie, Geno and Waluigi are fan favorites, the last of which has been acknowledged by Nintendo.
Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Pokemon 2019 and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 are all recent or upcoming games that can be promoted.

What do you guys think?

Graizen

Smash Champion
Since Nintendo selected the DLC, these are potential choices I think they could have gone with. Basically a mix of fan favorites, guests from franchises that have appeared on Switch and characters from recent/upcoming games they can promote.

Banjo-Kazooie (Banjo-Kazooie)
Byleth or Edelgard (Fire Emblem: Three Houses)
Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot)
Doom Slayer (DOOM)
Erdrick or Slime (Dragon Quest)
Geno (Super Mario RPG)
Monster Hunter (Monster Hunter)
Pokemon from Gen 8 (Pokemon 2019)
Rayman (Rayman)
Rex & Pyra (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
Steve (Minecraft)
Waluigi (Super Mario)

Crash Bandicoot, DOOM, Dragon Quest, Minecraft, Monster Hunter and Rayman are all third party franchises that are major on Switch.
Banjo-Kazooie, Geno and Waluigi are fan favorites, the last of which has been acknowledged by Nintendo.
Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Pokemon 2019 and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 are all recent or upcoming games that can be promoted.

What do you guys think?
You need some Agumon is there
but its great

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
all he said was that they aren't going to reveal them now. releasing your big dlc with no fanfare or announcing it the same day would be a massive pr disaster
Yeah, it would be dumb leaving them at the last minute. I guess I just looked into it wrong.

Except he said he just finished the rights to /ALL/ the characters

Verge has been certain of a Squenix rep for months. They've likely been worked out already.
I kind of stated that though? My original comment was to explain the distinction between the character selection and the rights acquirement. A lot of people were confused by his tweets since he stated in the Direct that the 5 characters were selected for DLC during the project plan, so I brought up the tweet to explain that Sakurai announced getting the rights to them all.

As for Verge, I'm betting a french fry that all the names thrown out were just candidates for DLC that Sakurai went through one-by-one.

Here's a fun thought I would like to get everyone's opinion on. Due to Disney being on a roll of adding companies to them (Pixar, Marvel, LucasFilms, Fox)

I can see them sometime in the future to wanting to add a video game company to their company. To me the most logical choice would be that Disney would turn its attention to Nintendo due to its family friendly games. Again I am not confirming anything, its just a fun thought. So what are all of your opinions. If Disney would want to add a video game company in the future, which gaming company would they pursue?
Here's another idea!
p701lmsxleny.png

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Oh, you like Final Fantasy XIII. :)
I dont like the long linear path at the start, but I think some things about it are pretty cool, especially some character designs. :)
I'd rather see Terra or Tifa before her in smash, but I'd still really love her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom