• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakenimbus

Smash Apprentice
I am a Geno supporter who is completely convinced Geno isn't in and there's a difference between trying to keep Geno supporters hopes down and going "he's boring and completely unpopular and never gonna happen"
Tbh, I think we should just lay Geno to rest already. Let’s just accept that he isn’t going to make it in and move on to discussing another character. I think people are done with Geno because he has been so heavily speculated about for the longest time and people just want the Geno supporters to stop talking about him and just talk about other stuff. I mean let’s be real, do we really have to keep talking about Geno, or can we just move on with another character please? From my position, it is getting a little bit annoying hearing all this talk about Geno and people are just upset that it is still around and taking it out on Geno. My advice is to go pack up camp to the Geno subthread and move on to other discussion before the whole thread explodes.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
A question’s been on my mind.

For a hypothetical Smash 6, what new kind of visual art could they do for it?

For Smash 4, we’ve had newcomer posters and currently in Ultimate, we have the mural.

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I enjoyed it too.
It gave us by far our best version of Zelda.

Funny how she had to die before she started feeling like she actually had a life and wasn't just a plot device.
Spirit Zelda was the best companion in any Zelda game IMO. She was hilarious

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Tbh, I think we should just lay Geno to rest already. Let’s just accept that he isn’t going to make it in and move on to discussing another character. I think people are done with Geno because he has been so heavily speculated about for the longest time and people just want the Geno supporters to stop talking about him and just talk about other stuff. I mean let’s be real, do we really have to keep talking about Geno, or can we just move on with another character please? From my position, it is getting a little bit annoying hearing all this talk about Geno and people are just upset that it is still around and taking it out on Geno. My advice is to go pack up camp to the Geno subthread and move on to other discussion before the whole thread explodes.
I've been throwing this philosophy in since the Direct dude I've just made an exception due to points I've seen today

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Quick reminder that, again, Sakurai asks for characters, not reps.

It’s as if characters have things that make them specifically unique other than coming from a specific series or company. Who woulda thunk?

Last edited:

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
Even though I’m not a Mod, Let’s talk about other DLC characters or Content besides Geno. Geno has been talked about so much that this form is only going in circles

Noipoi

Howdy!
Ok i'll just shut up about this thing that I really like and want to discuss you got it boss.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Then lets do it!

Name a character, good buddy. Start the change you want.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
That argument applies to every single character under their flag. Dont get me wrong, I think Geno has a good chance to be in smash but "free easy money" is not a good argument for his inclusion. If anything, it is an argument that works better against Geno since the company would try to maximize earnings while reducing risks.

Geno fans should reevaluate what makes Geno a strong pick. It has smash fandom popularity and Sakurai´s love for the character. It is a legacy character and right now Nintendo is in good terms with SE. I think it is better to stay with the strong points in its favours to prove your arguments than go for points that may work against you in the long run.
I'm not saying that's why I think he's in. I'm saying that's why the argument that square would say no so he can't be in makes no sense.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Let’s just accept that he isn’t going to make it in and move on to discussing another character.
Just because you're pessimistic doesn't mean you're right.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'd say Tingle belongs there but then I remember that Japan loves him.
He's not nearly as unpopular as he used to be. Him being in HW was met with a lot of praise. But yeah, he's nowhere near that unpopular. Won't deny he has a strong hatebase, though. Yeish. He's also one of my picks for potential Zelda DLC(Ganon and Impa are the other two). I don't think any have much of a chance, all for other reasons. But then Chrom happened, so I don't think the "Ganon is a Final Smash" point works anymore as is. That was kind of the only major thing going against him at any point.

Tingle is very difficult to distinguish his Toon and MM designs, so I can understand him not being in(besides what you said, anyway. He's definitely unpopular enough in the US to make him a risky move, especially for DLC. Base or bust, imo).

It's kind of funny that there's actually a pretty small list of truly hated game characters. Especially with such a diverse Smash fanbase, heh.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Did Vergeben mention Geno recently? Is that why there is all this Geno talk at the moment?

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
While I don't think Geno's chances are high. We really should respect his fans, they are some of the most loyal people iv seen. I hope regardless of the outcome Geno gets the love he deserves. If he makes it in may Square see his potential. If he does not hopefully they'll sell him to Nintendo and hopefully Nintendo will give him the spotlight he once had.

NineS

Smash Lord
I'm picking up some anti Geno bias in this thread. Just a bit.
Not surprised.
I'd assume a whole lot of people have become really pessimistic about him since the grinch, and him in as a spirit.

Plus, Spawnwave with Sora made a lot of the silent Sora Supporters come out of the darkness. A lot of them are pretty cool, but now people are pushing for more recent characters, despite the fact Spawnwave's own source could potentially be wrong as to who the Enix Rep is, as Vergeben himself is unsure of it and has said how they're handling it

Not me though. I'm still confident in Geno, and aside from 2B the Slime, he's my next most wanted Enix Pick.
geno.png

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
Question: How would you all feel about this being the DLC pack?
-Geno
-Sora
-Steve
-Bandana Waddle Dee
-Master Chief

And a hypothetical worst case scenario:
-Steve
-Lara Croft
-Katalina
-Fire Emblem Rep
-Tingle

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
They might be lying about their heritage.

More than likely, if they are actually Native Americans, they're a vocal minority.

I'll refer back to the Speedy Gonzales thing, I believe the story goes that Americans assumed Speedy Gonzales was offensive to Mexicans and complained, so Warner Bros. pulled Speedy from production... Until real Mexicans complained in turn because it turned out they actually liked the guy.
There's a world of difference between Speedy Gonzalez and "What Makes the Red Man Red." Game and Watch's side smash edges pretty close to the latter.

Plus I mean, would anyone really, truly care if it was changed during the localization process? It's less of "let's do massive censorship" and more of "let's not further perpetuate the harmful stereotype that Native Americans are savages when we can avoid it."

Hell, just use the updated sprites from Game and Watch Gallery. If Topis can change for cultural differences, so too can the animation of a side smash.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
We don't know. Verge said something to effect of he's been "leaked" so much that Square probably doesn't care if he's mentioned in said leaks
Right, that's what I meant; but I was curious as didn't he say he hasn't said anyone on his list yet?
Thank you tho Robertman. (...I think Joker's cool I didn't mean that back there...)

FixedFun

Smash Apprentice

Tinstar was a game created by Software Creations, since its release it was never mention again by Nintendo, not a trophy in Smash, just nothing.
And saddest thing, it'll never change, a kinda obscure Nintendo game completely dead, with no fans (I assume) or anything.
It's hard to complain about representation in Smash when this exists :ohwell:
Just a random thought :b:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Question: How would you all feel about this being the DLC pack?
-Geno
-Sora
-Steve
-Bandana Waddle Dee
-Master Chief

And a hypothetical worst case scenario:
-Steve
-Lara Croft
-Katalina
-Fire Emblem Rep
-Tingle
I'd be fine with either honestly.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Let’s talk about Sora’s chances in smash. I personally think they are really high but I would love to hear your opinions on the matter
Sora certainly has a lot going for him. With Kingdom Hearts 3 coming in January, it would be the perfect time to announce Sora as the First DLC to promote Kingdom Hearts 3.

If you were expecting a fight, you wont find it here. I love the Kingdom Hearts series quite a bit!

Honestly, any Square Rep would be hype.

D

Deleted member

Damn, we went through Katalina and Granblue quick, but y'all are on Geno? Yikes. Seems like I missed a bunch while I was at work.
Here, lemme calm the thread down a bit.

THERE'S A DONKEY KONG / DONKEY KONG JR. MEDLEY, AND FOR SOME REASON I AM REALLY HYPE WHEN THAT **** DROPS.

I'm surprised Nintendo is acknowledging Donkey Kong Jr., like, at all. Feels like tens of years since they've done that.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
Not that i think they are too much Pokemon ( it's awesome!)
i just created that for fun! :-)

1541477821014.png

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Question

Is Geno not on Verge's list because he mentioned him by name at one point?
"That's not to say Geno isn't one of the names I've heard" or something like that.

I think he's mentioned Sora before as well, but both Sora and Geno were in replies to someone or were just speculation or something, not him confirming that they were or weren't the SE rep. I think Geno is indeed on his list, but he was just speculating that SE wouldn't care if he leaked because he's heavily speculated about anyway (which makes no sense imo due to it contradicting with his statement on how SE is extremely intolerant of leaks).

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Just censor Game and Watch the Fire Emblem Fates way and cut out his Side Smash altogether.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Right, that's what I meant; but I was curious as didn't he say he hasn't said anyone on his list yet?
Thank you tho Robertman. (...I think Joker's cool I didn't mean that back there...)
This was a while back. Recently, he's said nothing.

And it's fine. I'm just pissy about Geno because honestly 13 years of this gets extremely grating. I just want it put to rest already, especially since Ridley wars are finally done

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
The Ridleys never gave up
The King K Rools never gave up

Geno is a character that will never leave speculation until he’s in the game, and that’s just facts. Smash Bros Super Ultra Mega Deluxe Supreme-o will be our and people will still be calling for Geno from the grave if he’s still not in, Geno fans are dedicated as **** and I respect that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom