• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Shifting Gears!

If we were to get an Atlus Rep, who would you want to be the Fighter?
I only have experience with Persona 5, but I know of SMT 3, Persona 3 & 4.

I think Joker would be a pretty awesome character. Though the gun (if used) would have to shoot magic or something IDK.

Also...doesn't Sakurai like Persona 5? I mean Spirits is kind of like fusing persona's to make a better...one....???

OH ****!! Joker could happen if Sakurai wants him!?
Joker. or dante
Vincent from Catherine.

Seriously, maybe Joker. Or Demifiend for my Hee-Homeboy @Idon
I wanna see a Vincent moveset. His side B can him cheating on his fiancee

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
This is the best timeline, honestly. Ridley and King K. Rool fans funneling in to support the last one left is a ****ing timeline I wanna live in.
We all are in this boat, we gotta stick together and never give up hope.
Dear god, I'm now just imagining K Rool, Ridley, and tiny little Geno dancing around to that High School Musical song ''We're All In This Together."

What have you done?!

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Vincent from Catherine.

Seriously, maybe Joker. Or Demifiend for my Hee-Homeboy @Idon
Now I want to be Vincent in his underwear, goat horns and hitting people with a pillow...All the while summoning blocks to hit people from above.

Seriously, I just want to see that and if you hit an opponent with a block you hear the word "EDGE".

Jakenimbus

Smash Apprentice
Geno supporters probably will only increase now that K Rool and Ridley fans are satisfied. Imagine the latter two fans combining to help out the last of the big three, Genos only gonna get more support from here on I’d say.
Save it for next game, when it matters more. Pretty sure he ain’t getting in so I would suggest continuing to suggest him for smash 6.

owjies

Smash Journeyman
Then lets do it!

Name a character, good buddy. Start the change you want.
I'll bite. How about Yoshimitsu?

I know his chances are near 0%, but this is a character that I think gets overlooked as a Namco rep. He represents both Tekken and Soul Calibur and he uses his sword as a pogo stick and helicopter propeller. He would've made a great assist trophy I think, if not a full character.

KMDP

Smash Legend
My only nitpick with him is he looks like Tony the Tiger's cousin. Other then that, really cool design which I felt they could put more effort into differing him from said cereal mascot.
Incineroar's grrrrrrrrreat!

The thing about Incineroar looking like Tony the Tiger is that it's... probably a coincidence...
Or at least Game Freak has plausible deniability that it is because they're a Japanese company and Kellogg's is American.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Being assist trophied isn't that bad

Like, I'd kill for an Eternal Darkness or a Drak Matter trilogy Assist Trophy, let alone being playable.

NineS

Smash Lord
Shifting Gears!

If we were to get an Atlus Rep, who would you want to be the Fighter?
I only have experience with Persona 5, but I know of SMT 3, Persona 3 & 4.

I think Joker would be a pretty awesome character. Though the gun (if used) would have to shoot magic or something IDK.

Also...doesn't Sakurai like Persona 5? I mean Spirits is kind of like fusing persona's to make a better...one....???

OH ****!! Joker could happen if Sakurai wants him!?
Doubtful. The same argument used against 2B can painfully be used here.
Persona 5 came out late 2016, whereas planning is said to have ended early 2016.

Sakurai did like Persona 5 though, more specifically, it's GUI and design. https://i2.wp.com/www.sourcegaming.info/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Aims-of-UI.jpg?w=640&ssl=1

Speaking of which, seeing as this game is in the same boat right right now, here's my shameless plug in of how Sakurai admires NieR and Yoko Taro.
outside the box end.png

Maybe Sakurai could change the project plans and add more recent characters, or reveal them as DLC characters separate from the Fighter's pass similar to Piranha plant, or as part of another Fighter's Pass with recent characters?

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
Neku, Sora, and Geno

Give me any of these 3 as a Square rep and I'm a happy camper.

But if any of these 3 got in, we'd be getting killer music regardless. TWEWY has a god tier OST, Kingdom Hearts is really good from what I've listened to, and Super Mario RPG also has alot of good stuff.

Noipoi

Howdy!
so uh

I looked it up to make an Atlus decision and it turns out I've only played two Atlus games in my life...

Dr. Hoffman for Smash.
Did someone say...Cranberry?

Joker. or dante

I wanna see a Vincent moveset. His side B can him cheating on his fiancee
Now I want to be Vincent in his underwear, goat horns and hitting people with a pillow...All the while summoning blocks to hit people from above.

Seriously, I just want to see that and if you hit an opponent with a block you hear the word "EDGE".
He's the only Atlus rep i'll accept.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I guess since Kirby is the only one that escaped in the World of Light. I guess that means team ups like in SSE are a no go I guess. Shucks...

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Anyone else feel like Elma has a really good chance at DLC? Sakurai loves that series and would have put Rex in if it wasn’t for the fact the XC2 came out a little to late. But Elma could definitely be in as XCX was out before development began.

kylexv

Smash Master
I just realized.
:ultchrom: is the only newcomer with a sword this time around.

I guess Sakurai listened to the people who were complaining about too many swordfighters (we got :ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultlucina::ultrobin::ultshulk: :4miisword:last game)

owjies

Smash Journeyman
I'll pull for Geno for the sole purpose of getting Boshi later down the line...

4D Chess, if played by a Yoshi :yoshi:
Not gonna lie, whenever I use Yoshi I always rock the dark blue color for the low-key Boshi reference.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Doubtful. The same argument used against 2B can painfully be used here.
Persona 5 came out late 2016, whereas planning is said to have ended early 2016.

Sakurai did like Persona 5 though, more specifically, it's GUI and design. https://i2.wp.com/www.sourcegaming.info/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Aims-of-UI.jpg?w=640&ssl=1

Speaking of which, seeing as this game is in the same boat right right now, here's my shameless plug in of how Sakurai admires NieR and Yoko Taro.
View attachment 176092

Maybe Sakurai could change the project plans and add more recent characters, or reveal them as DLC characters separate from the Fighter's pass similar to Piranha plant, or as part of another Fighter's Pass with recent characters?
Counter point, P5 was in development since like, 2009.

Also I'm 99% sure Futaba and Inkling having kinda similar designs isn't just a coincidence tbh

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
There might be more cutscenes. We could get character specific cutscenes with the ones we've unlocked so far. I don't expect it, but you never know.
I guess but I was still hoping like in SSE many characters would team up before all forming together from how things seem that won't be the case since Rocket Raccoon Kirby is gonna have to save everyone.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend

A lovely reminder that one the greatest Square(soft)-Enix franchises, Itadaki Street made a crossover with Nintendo with great results. Nintendo and Square(soft)-Enix have no problem in collaborating at all, Geno is just that bridge to connect both companies for real, Geno is half Nintendo half Square(soft)-Enix, a bridge.
While I'm not the biggest fan of Geno, the things he represents are special.
Apparently the Wii Fortune Street is actually the least popular Fortune Street game amongst Japanese Itadaki Street fans (it seems it was missing some key features or something).

Ironically it was the only one we got (if you don't count the Command Board in Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep or the original minigame version in Dragon Quest 3).

C;'mon Square Enix, give us more Fortune Street! Stop assuming we won't "get" it.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I just realized.

I guess Sakurai listened to the people who were complaining about too many swordfighters (we got :ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultlucina::ultrobin::ultshulk::4miisword:last game)
That's actually kinda cool.
I don't have a problem with sword users, but each Ultimate newcomer having their own way of attacking is really rad.

D

Deleted member

Dear god, I'm now just imagining K Rool, Ridley, and tiny little Geno dancing around to that High School Musical song ''We're All In This Together."

What have you done?!
Hey man, the fact that Nintendo referenced The Thousand-Year Door for one of Piranha Plant's moves should give you enough hope for Geno.
Even if it's small, you can't lose that hope.

FixedFun

Smash Apprentice
I guess but I was still hoping like in SSE many characters would team up before all forming together from how things seem that won't be the case since Rocket Raccoon Kirby is gonna have to save everyon.
Kirby a.k.a. Masahiro Sakurai, one could say World of Light is just a big, big, fan fiction :laugh:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
I'm not saying that's why I think he's in. I'm saying that's why the argument that square would say no so he can't be in makes no sense.
I understand how it is hard to stand your ground for your character when things look grim (Incineroar fan experience) and people think that your character isnt getting in. Wish you luck on the job!

Not that i think they are too much Pokemon ( it's awesome!)
i just created that for fun! :-)

View attachment 176082
This is beautiful! Its all of my mains in one place. Well, mewtwo would have to be replaced Piranha plant to be completely accurate.

KiBom

Smash Journeyman
I'll bite. How about Yoshimitsu?

I know his chances are near 0%, but this is a character that I think gets overlooked as a Namco rep. He represents both Tekken and Soul Calibur and he uses his sword as a pogo stick and helicopter propeller. He would've made a great assist trophy I think, if not a full character.
I think he'd be the most unique swordsman by far.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
so uh

I looked it up to make an Atlus decision and it turns out I've only played two Atlus games in my life...

"Oh boy I wonder if "MC-Kun" has dated that so called "Waifu" of his UH-HUH!" -Said by Mickey as he rips out the parts of his shadows with his bare hands from left to right.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I just realized.

I guess Sakurai listened to the people who were complaining about too many swordfighters (we got :ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultlucina::ultrobin::ultshulk::4miisword:last game)
We also only got five new original movesets.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So what do you guys think should be the next approach for Smash. I'm still in the favor that it should be a Vs. crossover fighting game with Shonen Jump.

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
I feel like I'm missing a lot of references about my post

I'll keep liking these replies but know that I do so with great dread of the Unknown

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So this is what Kingdom Hearts is really about..
Meanwhile the fangirls get upset that their yaoi ships between Sora and literally himself don't come true.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

What have you done?!
It kinda reminds me of this piece of fan art that got posted in the Geno thread a while back.
image.jpeg

I mean on one hand, Geno overslept, apparently. Oops.

But on the other hand, never lose hope, Geno dudes. One day you'll get your star warrior.

FixedFun

Smash Apprentice
Apparently the Wii Fortune Street is actually the least popular Fortune Street game amongst Japanese Itadaki Street fans (it seems it was missing some key features or something).

Ironically it was the only one we got (if you don't count the Command Board in Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep or the original minigame version in Dragon Quest 3).

C;'mon Square Enix, give us more Fortune Street! Stop assuming we won't "get" it.
We barely get any DQ games, asking for FS it is a little too much for SQE US

Noipoi

Howdy!
I feel like I'm missing a lot of references about my post

I'll keep liking these replies but know that I do so with great dread of the Unknown
The cranberry thing is a reference to Game Grumps.
When they played Trauma Center they made Dr. Hoffman a senile old man obsessed with cranberries. It was hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom