• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Wouldn't it be such an "OH NINTENDO!" moment if whatever new Easter Egg they added like Codecs/Guidance actually are on-disc for the DLC?
Damn, I forgot to mention about that. I was wondering why those still haven't been revealed.

I'd be fine with that though, seeing how disappointing the PG dialogue for the DLC characters was last time.

Not just that, but she will be op just like Bayo.
Wouldn't pitting her against Bayo be more interesting than Bayo Vs. Bayo, in such a context?

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Wouldn't it be such an "OH NINTENDO!" moment if whatever new Easter Egg they added like Codecs/Guidance actually are on-disc for the DLC?
You would think a company wouldn't do this.

But Nintendo would totally do this.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Mewtwo was a veteran for one.
You'd think if Geno wasn't in he'd get nothing at all.

Nah chief
Maybe Geno is one of the later dlc characters and Sakurai was just excited to do something with the character so he just did a spirit in the mean time since those probably take like 5 minutes to make. He was a mii costume in the last one. I can't imagine Sakurai downgrading him to a glorified sticker.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The Switch doesn't even use discs.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
I would really hope Katalina doesn't get in, but at this point, I can't deny that Vergeben definitely has some legitimate sources of information.

I'm really hoping DLC brings us more visually different and varied characters. Anime-styled humanoids are the most boring kind of Smash character in my opinion.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I was unaware of the back throw change! Got a link to a video of it by any chance? Regardless, Ken also has a different back throw from Ryu although only the rolling part seems unique. And do we know if Doc for certain has a different weight? His weight is the same as Mario's in both Melee and Sm4sh. His run speed, walk speed, air acceleration and air speed are different from Mario in Sm4sh. Ken also has faster ground movement than Ryu.
00:24 seconds into the video...the Doc pulls a yeet
Alot of people forget that Bayo was kind of from Sega because its partnership with Platinum.:4larry:: NEVER!
View attachment 175976
Platinum Games/Sega doesn’t like their top character being remembered as a Nintendo character confirmed

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
There have been Angry Birds games on Nintendo systems so no, you have to go lower than Angry Birds.
Yeah, remembered that just now.

The barbarian from Clash of Clans. :p

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Vergeben has been spot-on so far so Katalina's all but confirmed anyway.

It's just a matter of when now.
Except Vergeben hasn't said Katalina will be in.

He said that another source that he trusts, Senrou, says that Katalina might be in, but he hasn't heard anything about it.

Like, out of the DLC 3, Katalina is the most shaky in terms of actually getting in.

StormC

Smash Hero
hey. really simple question: who will you main and who will be your secondary?
:ultkrool: for my main and my secondary will be my Wii U main: :ultcloud:.

:ultsnake: might enter my rotation as well, :ultridley: will probably be mostly for fun. But no matter who they add, I imagine I will always stick to the King.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
You would think a company wouldn't do this.

But Nintendo would totally do this.
I think the Anime music for DBFZ which is DLC is actually on the disc.

Have Nintendo locked stuff already in the game as DLC before?

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
So long as they're fun/don't offend my eyes, I don't mind if a mobile character is DLC, even and especially if I don't recognize them. Benefit of the doubt and all that, considering Sakurai's and the team's track record.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Oh, by the way, to clear things up, Vergeben NEVER said his sources were telling him that a Granblue character was in. He said that Hitagi seems legitimate, and mentioned Hitagi talking about negotiations for Katalina. Absolutely nothing concrete regardless of credibility.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The series has a phenomenal soundtrack, if nothing else.
Truefacts, I've been won over by games on their soundtracks alone.

Halo 4's one that immediately comes to mind. I had no interest in playing it until I listened to the OST in full. Still didn't like the game that much, but damn. One of the best cinematic OSTs in a videogame.

D

Deleted member

Except Vergeben hasn't said Katalina will be in.

He said that another source that he trusts, Senrou, says that Katalina might be in, but he hasn't heard anything about it.

Like, out of the DLC 3, Katalina is the most shaky in terms of actually getting in.
He hasn’t confirmed her, indeed.
We can’t take her for sure yet.

Untouch

Smash Master
If characters have started development, I'm afraid something like this is actually going to happen, some small string pointing towards a character icon or something is going to be found.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Is anybody else sad about the loss of instruction booklets with games these days? I remember being in elementary school and poring over the OG N64 Smash Bros instruction booklet appreciating the art and items and stuff and that fresh instruction booklet smell while I was in class because I couldn't play the game outside of my house and the booklet was that one piece of the game I could take with me on the go. The 90s were a simple time
Dang, I used to do that all the time. I remember bragging to my friend that I knew all of the koopaling's names and tried to prove myself right with the NSMB2 instruction booklet, only to be proven wrong. It turns out the Mario bros super show wasn't very accurate in the name department lol. I also used it to quiz myself on enemy names and all that fun stuff.
My absolute favorite had to be Melee's though. I would bring it along on car rides just to go through all the character's bios and such.
It really sucks to see them go.

Shroob

Sup?
I think the Anime music for DBFZ which is DLC is actually on the disc.

Have Nintendo locked stuff already in the game as DLC before?
My post was "The DLC characters already have their whatever they replaced Codec/Guidance dialogue with already in the game"

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Has Geno actually been confirmed to be a Spirit, though?

I thought we've only seen his Battle Arena icon.
Just being an icon for a specific mode is even worse than being a Spirit. It even begs the question as to why to leave him out. He's definitely a Spirit.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

This is like saying Verg confirmed Steve, which is false.
Who told you this so I can make fun of them?

Hold on Katalina is all but confirmed now what the hell happened?
Gossip and lies and pessimism.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
People throw around phrases like "all but confirmed" constantly. Nothing is confirmed until Nintendo says it themselves.
No but like has there been any new info from sources talking on the matter?

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
My post was "The DLC characters already have their whatever they replaced Codec/Guidance dialogue with already in the game"
Oh now I get ya.

Possibly if they've already been decided. Lucas and Ryu had their data left in.

Of course there may not be a Guidance/Codec replacement.

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
hey. really simple question: who will you main and who will be your secondary?
You have to play first to really discover that.. Usually I try winning wiith the favs I always ran with since N64 plus favorite newcomers I met along the way.

Current mains for Ultimate:

:ultmario::ultganondorf::ultfalcon::ultbayonetta::ultzss::ultpalutena::ultdaisy::ultkrool::ultike::ultpokemontrainer::ultincineroar:

D

Deleted member

Except Vergeben never said it himself. Hitagi did, Verg was just parroting what he heard from them, and also according to Hitagi the talks may have fell through anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom