• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Yes, Sugiyama is a pain. It's mostly for the orchestral stuff though, could allow some midi remixes (which don't sound the best but it is the best we're going to get).

I don't think the SE character and stage have to be from the same series, could end up that way.
Culex theme would basically be the best of both Mario RPG and FF, add that along with some sort of Geno theme and they could always add a remix of the final Bowser battle from Mario 3 to reference the chandelier battle thing and we are good to go.

Imagine how diffacult it would be to get the Kingdom Hearts music.. It would have to be Simple and Clean or nothing.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
You mean like how Snake was clearly an exception for a game about Nintendo characters?
Or Roy was an exception for Nintendo Allstars?
Or how echoes were an exception for music theory?
Um, did you just compare Snake, and notable third party additions... To the idea of covering the roster in trash mob characters?

Not a valid comparison at all.

Untouch

Smash Master
Culex theme would basically be the best of both Mario RPG and FF, add that along with some sort of Geno theme and they could always add a remix of the final Bowser battle from Mario 3 to reference the chandelier battle thing and we are good to go.

Imagine how diffacult it would be to get the Kingdom Hearts music.. It would have to be Simple and Clean or nothing.
The composer of KH's music is already working on Smash Ultimate, they did the Vega theme on the site right now.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Um, did you just compare Snake, and notable third party additions... To the idea of covering the roster in trash mob characters?

Not a valid comparison at all.
But don't you see? Snake's an exception to the rule that all characters must be Nintendo owned right? What's that? That was just a dumb fan rule? Then... Isn't your dumb ass argument ALSO just a dumb fan rule?

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
The fear of Steve in Smash is so funny to me.

''OH NO I DON'T WANT THIS ICONIC GAMING CHARACTER BECAUSE THE CHILDREN. THE CHILDREN THEY LIKE HIM."
Hmm... that's not the reason though. The reason is that he's a bland character with no personality. If this was the reason, I and many others who don't want Steve would also be against Shadow.

TeamFlareZakk

The composer of KH's music is already working on Smash Ultimate, they did the Vega theme on the site right now.
I didnt know Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart was working on Smash Ultimate

So Katalina is a main protagonist from a popular Japanese mobile game called Granblue.

The makers of Granblue is a company called Cygames.

Nintendo owns 5% stock in Cygames.
DeNA owns 24% stock in Cygames.
Nintendo owns 10% stock in DeNA.

DeNA has made a handful of mobile games for Nintendo.

Speculation is suggesting there could be a mobile rep on the smash roster due to the corporate partnerships/ intricacies between Nintendo and these companies.

Also a leaker is saying Katalina and apparently Verge is saying that leaker has cred. (I have no source for this though.)
Never heard of it.. Sounds like Granbull

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
About the SE rep:
Isn't one of the DQ guys really hard to work with? Because of the way SE handles rights it would be hard to get a DQ rep, cause oone of the guys who has the rights is a pain. Just like the FF7 music debacle.
the composer of DQ doesnt like handing out his music yeah. Hed rather you buy the CDs and go to the concerts.
So they would be in the same position as FF

Last edited:

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
King K Rool wasnt spoiled, thankfully Verge didnt get any information about him being in.
For me he was. YouTube thumbnails, man. Thankfully I didn't get spoiled on Simon Belmont! I had a feeling Simon was in, anyway. He was the character I was expecting the most, and it was hype to see the trailer with him and Richter!

ErenJager

Smash Champion
But don't you see? Snake's an exception to the rule that all characters must be Nintendo owned right? What's that? That was just a dumb fan rule? Then... Isn't your dumb *** argument ALSO just a dumb fan rule?
Its not a fan rule, it's a realistic expectation that Sakurai won't clutter the roster with characters similar Piranha Plant. It's a silly/ ridiculous character.

Sure there could be another one in future smash games...

But if you want to believe those next 5 DLC characters are goombas, you go right ahead.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Hmm... that's not the reason though. The reason is that he's a bland character with no personality. If this was the reason, I and many others who don't want Steve would also be against Shadow.
Tbh, a lot of people were against Shadow, because he's not from the "glory days" of the Sonic.

Also, we have a lot of bland characters with no personalities.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
I am happy with every newcomer except the Plant.
I like every mode showcased and the Mii customization too.
Yep, all the newcomers are awesome. Feels a little incomplete without Geno, but complaining about what the game doesn't have is pretty stupid. What we did get, is awesome. Except for Piranha Plant, I agree with you there.

TeamFlareZakk

For me he was. YouTube thumbnails, man. Thankfully I didn't get spoiled on Simon Belmont! I had a feeling Simon was in, anyway. He was the character I was expecting the most, and it was hype to see the trailer with him and Richter!
Luckily I was too busy watching wrestling stuff and shiny hunting Yveltal to notice.

beans

Smash Lord

For KH I dont see any dificulties outside of most of the music being associated to Disney Worlds.
We could get stuff from Twilight Town, Traverse Town, Land of Departure, Hollow Bastion, because even tough Disney owns then, they arent associated with any existing IPs of them.

TeamFlareZakk

For KH I dont see any dificulties outside of most of the music being associated to Disney Worlds.
We could get stuff from Twilight Town, Traverse Town, Land of Departure, Hollow Bastion, because even tough Disney owns then, they arent associated with any existing IPs of them.
Can we the Marilyn Manson version of This is Halloween then, that would rule.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Its not a fan rule, it's a realistic expectation that Sakurai won't clutter the roster with characters similar Piranha Plant. It's a silly/ ridiculous character.

Sure there could be another one in future smash games...

But if you want to believe those next 5 DLC characters are goombas, you go right ahead.
Lmao imagine thinking saying "Bandana Dee can't be in he's just a glorified mook Piranha Plant doesn't count because I said so" and when someone tells you that's dumb you think the person believes all the DLC will be mooks. I don't think any of the DLC characters will even be Nintendo owned outside of Audrey but lmfao

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
Tbh, a lot of people were against Shadow, because he's not from the "glory days" of the Sonic.

Also, we have a lot of bland characters with no personalities.
I think R.O.B. gets a bit of a pass, because he's a robot. But even he shows more personality than Steve! He shows sympathy and whatnot. Pac-Man is energetic, Wii Fit Trainer is determined, Villager is cheerful and psychotic... even Mr. Game & Watch comes off as very expressive! Steve's face doesn't change and he has no expressions. Ignoring the moveset, just personality wise, he'd be the most boring character in Smash, by a landslide, and the thought of seeing someone so bland in Smash is a bit negative, I think.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
wait...Granblue are those cringe-worthy commercials on tv with anime pictures and mysterious female voice overs?

Katalina looks fun and maybe a water sword user?

Still not sold though :/

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yep the moment the grinch leak got killed

That said spawn wave was on to something so VGA May should the first package
I do hope all DLC characters are shown, but that’s unlikely.

I think R.O.B. gets a bit of a pass, because he's a robot. But even he shows more personality than Steve! He shows sympathy and whatnot. Pac-Man is energetic, Wii Fit Trainer is determined, Villager is cheerful and psychotic... even Mr. Game & Watch comes off as very expressive! Steve's face doesn't change and he has no expressions. Ignoring the moveset, just personality wise, he'd be the most boring character in Smash, by a landslide, and the thought of seeing someone so bland in Smash is a bit negative, I think.
What personality does Mario have compared to Steve? Some say Mario has the personality of a cardboard box, but meh, I am sure he has some personality to begin with.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I feel like Erdrick has a lot better chance than Sora does. Dragon Quest is HUGE in Japan. And XI is coming to Switch.
Dragon Quest is arguably their biggest franchise next to Final Fantasy. It would honestly make a lot of sense for Erdrick (or someone from Dragon Quest anyway) to be the next DLC character. Plus Nintendo has worked with the Dragon Quest series before. Namely with Fortune Street.

Anyway, my predicted five (in alphabetical order): Banjo-Kazooie, Doom Slayer, Erdrick, Katalina, and Steve.

Based on evidence, rumors, leaks, interviews, etc. I think those are the most likely five.
I personally feel Geno is the next Square Rep.

However as I can't disagree with you on a DQ rep also being the next Square rep.

DQ has been around since the NES. Much like many of the other third party franchises included (except sega). These franchises also continued onto into the modern era. DQ fits the mold Sakurai has established for third party inclusions.

My ideal character from Dragon Quest... Would be a create-a-character. Imagine being able to create upwards of 8 alternate skins?

Realistically the creative options would probably be limited... But like even 5 hair styles, 5 faces. Would be enough to mix and match.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'm gonna make a prediction and say we'll only get two third-parties and three Nintendo characters out of this DLC. No real rationale behind that prediction aside from me and my gut feeling.

And no, I don't think Katalina is getting in Smash.

TeamFlareZakk

I personally feel Geno is the next Square Rep.

However as I can't disagree with you on a DQ rep also being the next Square rep.

DQ has been around since the NES. Much like many of the other third party franchises included (except sega). These franchises also continued onto into the modern era. DQ fits the mold Sakurai has established for third party inclusions.

My ideal character from Dragon Quest... Would be a create-a-character. Imagine being able to create upwards of 8 alternate skins?

Realistically the creative options would probably be limited... But like even 5 hair styles, 5 faces. Would be enough to mix and match.
Only problem with Dragon Quest is wouldnt Sakurai have to get some sort of approval from Akira Toriyama?

TeamFlareZakk

I'm gonna make a prediction and say we'll only get two third-parties and three Nintendo characters out of this DLC. No real rationale behind that prediction aside from me and my gut feeling.

And no, I don't think Katalina is getting in Smash.
Same, I think its just going to be Square character most likely Geno and Steve from Minecraft.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Lmao imagine thinking saying "Bandana Dee can't be in he's just a glorified mook Piranha Plant doesn't count because I said so" and when someone tells you that's dumb you think the person believes all the DLC will be mooks. I don't think any of the DLC characters will even be Nintendo owned outside of Audrey but lmfao
I am firmly of the belief that BWD is a hat goomba. Others may not think so, thats fine. To each their own.

I don't think saying "if PP got in then anyone can" because PP is clearly an outlier and any inclusion similar to PP in the future would also be an outlier. Its still extremely unlikely to be included in the same fashion PP was. However if someone wants to grasp that possibility, I hope they do. Thats what rooting for the underdog is for. I love an underdog story. I just don't think theyre likely or reasonable to expect often.

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
My DLC predictions:
NOTE: SPIRITS DO NOT DISCONFIRM
1. Bandana Dee
2. Shantae
3. Banjo-Kazooie
4. Geno
5. Crash Bandicoot

Wants: Xurkitree (probably not gonna happen)
Reaper: (even less chance than Xurkitree)
Banjo: Lock for DLC
Crash: Likely for DLC
Shantae: Lock for DLC

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
My DLC predictions:
NOTE: SPIRITS DO NOT DISCONFIRM
1. Bandana Dee
2. Shantae
3. Banjo-Kazooie
4. Geno
5. Crash Bandicoot

Wants: Xurkitree (probably not gonna happen)
Reaper: (even less chance than Xurkitree)
Banjo: Lock for DLC
Crash: Likely for DLC
Shantae: Lock for DLC
So how is Banjo a lock, may I ask?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I am firmly of the belief that BWD is a hat goomba. Others may not think so, thats fine. To each their own.

I don't think saying "if PP got in then anyone can" because PP is clearly an outlier and any inclusion similar to PP in the future would also be an outlier. Its still extremely unlikely to be included in the same fashion PP was. However if someone wants to grasp that possibility, I hope they do. Thats what rooting for the underdog is for. I love an underdog story. I just don't think theyre likely or reasonable to expect often.
That's fine. I'm just a firm believer you're sticking your fingers in your ears going "NOPE DOESN'T COUNT BECAUSE I SAID SO LALALALALALALALALAAAAAAAA"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom