• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I'm gonna say this: DLC won't go any different than base game did in regards to these boards and other forums most wanted.
Smash isn't a line where as soon as a chatlracter gets in, the next one steps forward. Ultimate gave the two most wanted characters in this site, Ridley and K.Rool, not to mention all the other popilar characters such as Simon, Chrom and Dark Samus.
Isaac, Banjo and Skull Kid were never going to happen in this game because they only came into the spotlight after those two were out of the way. Those characters only became really wanted AFTER the roster had been long decided, before then, they couldn't match the big 2 in request and demand.
This is why the "oh we gotta find a new Big 3" mentality after the August Direct was so harmful to speculation, because the roster is not decided in real time like most seem to think, and even if it was, Sakurai can't keep adding the most requested in some online forum forever.

With the knowledge that DLC was decided alongside the base roster, it's pretty clear the philosophy to it will be similar. Though going by Smash 4's DLC, it might be more focused on 3rd Parties, with one or two 1st Parties. I really think Geno is the only character that was heavily speculated this time around who has a chance of making it in, and that's because of Sakurai's comments and SE seemingly preferring DLC(I wonder how hard it was to get Cloud into the base game this time around).
Other than him, we'll get Katalina and Steve and ya'll better like it.

Please tell me there's an Alucard skin for Richter
In the same Reddit thread, I found another person who expressed different thoughts on what both of their alts are.

Perhaps Richter's 7th alt does indeed reference Alucard.

Oh, and Simon's 6th alt may reference Hector, from what I hear.

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
On the topic of Incineroar, I remember posting this earlier:

If Incineroar's alts happened to all be based on Japanese wrestlers, then props to Sakurai for his attention to detail.
Thats just Rey Mysterio :laugh:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm gonna say this: DLC won't go any different than base game did in regards to these boards and other forums most wanted.
Smash isn't a line where as soon as a chatlracter gets in, the next one steps forward. Ultimate gave the two most wanted characters in this site, Ridley and K.Rool, not to mention all the other popilar characters such as Simon, Chrom and Dark Samus.
Isaac, Banjo and Skull Kid were never going to happen in this game because they only came into the spotlight after those two were out of the way. Those characters only became really wanted AFTER the roster had been long decided, before then, they couldn't match the big 2 in request and demand.
This is why the "oh we gotta find a new Big 3" mentality after the August Direct was so harmful to speculation, because the roster is not decided in real time like most seem to think, and even if it was, Sakurai can't keep adding the most requested in some online forum forever.

With the knowledge that DLC was decided alongside the base roster, it's pretty clear the philosophy to it will be similar. Though going by Smash 4's DLC, it might be more focused on 3rd Parties, with one or two 1st Parties. I really think Geno is the only character that was heavily speculated this time around who has a chance of making it in, and that's because of Sakurai's comments and SE seemingly preferring DLC(I wonder how hard it was to get Cloud into the base game this time around).
This is too true for this thread to handle.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

If Incineroar's alts happened to all be based on Japanese wrestlers, then props to Sakurai for his attention to detail.
No Tanahashi for me to Rider ****post smh
In the same Reddit thread, I found another person who expressed different thoughts on what both of their alts are.

Oh **** Jonathan Morris

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Yikes, what's up with Simon in the Dracula's Curse boxart.
Nice inclusions though: it's kind of like how you can technically 'play' as every Pokemon protagonist via palette swaps.
That isn't Simon in Dracula's Curse. That's Trevor Belmont, who's also the main protagonist of the Castlevania Netflix series.

beans

Smash Lord

Man, now I really want them to touch up 8th Richter to look more like Leon Belmont.
Just needs to add some red borders and we get a really good pallete.
Or add blue borders so it can be Dawn of Sorrow's design of Soma.
If you want to do GBA Soma then you have to go the extra mila and add the fluffy parts of the coat.

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

No Tanahashi for me to Rider ****post smh

Oh **** Jonathan Morris
Ikr and there are like no Bullet Club references or Naito.. Just a bunch of Rey Mysterio ats.. Really?

No. He has a Hulk Hogan alt, a Kane alt, nWo alt, and a DX alt because its World Wrasslin Federation Entertainment! Its the business of smiles! #HavinFun #Maggle

He isn’t The Man though
The Man will most likely still be Ganondorf since I been maining him since forever.

beans

Smash Lord
https://imgur.com/a/M2Ol8bB
Looking at the album of palletes, it seems Incineroar maybe the saviour of Pokemon, from the "Ugly Color Palletes" Curse.
Like really man, some pokemons just get a hat, and only few of them get their shiny colors.
gamefreak please redesign shiny pikachu, its ugly and you should feel ugly

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

His purple alt is based on Big the Cat and nobody can convince my otherwise:

FEF09868-6D45-4C11-871A-818359107597.jpeg

The shades of purple and the white around the mouth are just too close for me

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Interestingly, I found this on Reddit:

We...can actually "play" as more Belmonts than I was expecting. Soma Cruz is great, too.
Soma?? I know which Belmont and costume I'm using the most.

ButI got to admit I'm a tad disappointed by costumes in Ultimate. Black Yoshi's gone, Fire Mario's gone, Meta Ridley replacing Ridley colors is lame, Little Mac losing 8 whole costumes sucks, no Hilda Zelda, Lucario's are still incredibly boring and no Super Saiyan Lucario again...

Pichu, Shulk and blonde Pit are great though, so there's that.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
https://imgur.com/a/M2Ol8bB
Looking at the album of palletes, it seems Incineroar maybe the saviour of Pokemon, from the "Ugly Color Palletes" Curse.
Like really man, some pokemons just get a hat, and only few of them get their shiny colors.
gamefreak please redesign shiny pikachu, its ugly and you should feel ugly
Havin a Sensible Chuckle at all those descriptions

beans

Smash Lord
Soma?? I know which Belmont and costume I'm using the most.

ButI got to admit I'm a tad disappointed by costumes in Ultimate. Black Yoshi's gone, Fire Mario's gone, Meta Ridley replacing Ridley colors is lame, Little Mac losing 8 whole costumes sucks, no Hilda Zelda, Lucario's are still incredibly boring and no Super Saiyan Lucario again...

Pichu, Shulk and blonde Pit are great though, so there's that.
Little Mac got the Wario (costume) Shaft.
While I dont think we need a wireframa counterpart for every normal pallete, we still lost two palletes.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I really think square enix will be getting 2 dlc characters. I am fully expecting both Sora and Geno.
My Square Enix expectations are dampened.
They have very minimalistic content included as is. As a result I expect very little from them.

beans

Smash Lord
My Square Enix expectations are dampened.
They have very minimalistic content included as is. As a result I expect very little from them.
We will get two SE dlcs, bith being just one half of a track and nothing more.
Its not even Beggining and End, the music is just cut in random pieces and you need both DLCs to get everything.

TeamFlareZakk

I am excited to play as King K Rool, Incineroar, Richter and Ridley.. And will probably still be running with Mario, Ganon, Zero Suit Samus, Bayonetta Captain Falcon and Palutena.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The Man will most likely still be Ganondorf since I been maining him since forever.
Ganondorf ain’t the man...he’s just man
blonde Pit
*Super Saiyan Pit
Oh btw, I suppose his one alt can also maybe reference Seth Freaken Rollins so he can be The Man.
Seth Freakin’ Rollins is nothing more than A Man...THE MAN is Becky Lynch
C7620786-A207-40B8-8A26-DCC23D2AB984.jpeg
Hey wait, have we seen Lucario's final smash yet?
It’s his Brawl final smash only he Mega evolves beforehand (so the predicted fused FS move)

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
We will get two SE dlcs, bith being just one half of a track and nothing more.
Its not even Beggining and End, the music is just cut in random pieces and you need both DLCs to get everything.
Lol.

Joking aside, undoubtedly any Square DLC would probably be the least amount of bang for your buck. In terms of quantity.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
So have we seen every Final Smash then? Are there any that have been significantly changed (that we didn't already know about before the direct) other than Yoshi's?

TeamFlareZakk

Ganondorf ain’t the man...he’s just man

*Super Saiyan Pit

Seth Freakin’ Rollins is nothing more than A Man...THE MAN is Becky Lynch

It’s his Brawl final smash only he Mega evolves beforehand (so the predicted fused FS move)
Im so adding Becky Lynch and the IIconics as Mii fighters.. Hopefully they have better outfits for female Miis this time, like at least have sporty Mario Tennis skirts.

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
yeah, i neither lack characters to main... even if imagine that ridley nor the belmonts never happened, i would still have mewtwo, wolf, robin, ike, bayonetta, pokemon trainer, zelda, samus, meta knight, snake, PP and isabelle too look forward.

Obviously all this character though become secondaries the moment they revelaed the Belmonts :v

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427

Please tell me there's an Alucard skin for Richter
Thank you for this post. It's beautiful and so very true. This is what I've been saying all along, though I don't think Geno will be dlc. Other than that I agree completely

osby

Smash Obsessed
So have we seen every Final Smash then? Are there any that have been significantly changed (that we didn't already know about before the direct) other than Yoshi's?
We still don't know any of the Miis', Duck Hunt or Greninja.

TeamFlareZakk

We need more female Mii outfits, female Miis need some sporty booty shorts and skirts.. Simply a Mario Tennis Mii costume set would help with this.

Last edited:

beans

Smash Lord
I doubt Geno will be DLC.
Geno is pretty much a "Who" outside of the SNES RPG enthusiasts or the hardcore smash comunity.
Square would probaly push for a popular character that would sell more.
Tangent here but, what if we got Tidus, but he gets two announcer calls: one saying Tidus (t-e-dus) and one saying Tidus (T-ai-dus) to keep the meme going.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
20 bucks Duck Hunt's is the same, while the only difference with Greninja is that he turns into Ash-Greninja before using Maximum Greninja

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
IIRC Greninja's is just the same as before but as Ash Greninja instead. Mii's and Duck Hunt's are probably going to be unchanged.

A lot of the final smashes are a bit disappointing in not having changed a whole lot or being missed opportunities, but I can't really complain when I always have them turned off...

TeamFlareZakk

I doubt Geno will be DLC.
Geno is pretty much a "Who" outside of the SNES RPG enthusiasts or the hardcore smash comunity.
Square would probaly push for a popular character that would sell more.
Tangent here but, what if we got Tidus, but he gets two announcer calls: one saying Tidus (t-e-dus) and one saying Tidus (T-ai-dus) to keep the meme going.
Might as well add Sephiroth then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom