• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Still rating characters?

:ultridley:>:ultinkling:>:ultisabelle:>:ultkrool:>:ultincineroar:>:ultpiranha:>:ultsimon:

:ultdaisy:>:ultdarksamus:>:ultken:>:ultrichter:>:ultchrom:

With the exception of Simon because I've never played a Castlevania game, I was really excited about all the unique newcomers this time. Really wish Incineroar didn't get all the hate that he received though. He wasn't my first pick for a Pokemon rep, but I feel like he deserved better than dealing with the hate from the Grinch "leak" and being the last unique character.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
all hatred for will Katalina change when Platinum's grandblue game comes out and gets high praise

Either way she's an ice magic user so not exactly "ANOTHER SWORD USER!!!???"

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Let's play a game...
Let's just say you were Sakurai, and you were planning the base roster for Super Smash Bros Ultimate.
What changes would make in terms of Newcomers?
Rules:

You are free to replace as many characters as you like, but:
If you replace :ultdaisy::ultrichter::ultchrom::ultdarksamus: or :ultken:, you need to replace them with an echo fighter
If you replace :ultinkling::ultridley::ultkrool: or:ultincineroar:, you need to replace them with a first or second party character
If you replace :ultdaisy::ultchrom: or :ultdarksamus:, you need to replace them with another first or second party echo
If you replace :ultisabelle:, you need to replace her with a first or second party semiclone
If you replace :ultsimon: ,you need to replace him with another third party character
No character that debuted after 2016

Here's what i would do...
Replace :ultkrool: with

EDIT: Wow, I'm getting lot's of hate for this change... too bad, it's my roster :p

So the roster would look like :ultinkling::ultdaisy::ultridley::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultchrom::ultdarksamus:
:ultisabelle::ultken::ultincineroar:
I would replace:
:ultdaisy:,:ultchrom: , and :ultrichter: with
1541271964020.png
1541271997243.png
and Mr. Sandman from Punch Out!
:ultisabelle: with
1541272177697.png

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Yeah, but you still need to balance your staff due to limited budget. Though it's still a stupid argument, I'm not defending it.

He'll just pout like Mewtwo.
What a jerk face, Piranha Plant

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Just found out about Classic Mode runs being tailor-made for each character.

Fingers crossed that my man Luigi's unique battle condition is that he has to win by doing nothing.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Yeah, would have been a pretty hefty challenge, so I ain't mad.
Will do add Spark and Rash, as soon as my current requests (Duke Nukem, Papyrus & Sans) are done. I can add Marina in the meantime, as slim as her chances are.
Well thanks, you don't need to. Was just naming my wishes. I appreciate the consideration and that is more than enough :)

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Saying that spirits deconfirm DLC has got to be the most vapid thing I've seen said on thread in some time. Even if we assume Mewtwo was an exception to the rule (he wasn't) because he was planned before the Wii U launch, he was also a trophy on the 3DS, which released before the 50-Fact thing. So was Lucas, and he wasn't revealed until April of 2015. I'm not saying anybody specifically is confirmed but to say what is the equivalent to a vault trophy deconfirms anybody is doltish.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
all hatred for will Katalina change when Platinum's grandblue game comes out and gets high praise

Eh, I dunno about that.
Platinum games has a mixed track record when it comes to games that they don't have as much of an interest in.
Lookin at you Korra...

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427

Even if she were another sword user, who cares? She's mother ******* Katalina!

D

Deleted member

The way of the Skittle? What way is that?
I wouldn't know. If only there was someone here who did....

In case someone gets their underwear in a wad, this is what we call a joke.
Pfft, Corrin transforms into a dragon and people still found a way to complain.
Smash fans will find a way to complain about anything.

SargeAbernathy

Smash Apprentice
That's understandable. The one point in particular that's kept in mind is the legal tape both Geno and Sora are caught in, so it's only one of the two, as far as being playable goes.

Myself, I'm not overly concerned/enthusiastic about Zelda, so to me extra characters from that would just be gravy, if anything. Otherwise I'm satisfied (mainly cause Dorf has a sword now).

Yeah, I did like that Petey managed to make a comeback in this way. Kinda disappointed PP didn't turn into him tho. :p
I find it cute! Little Piranha ... trying to be big daddy Petey Piranha!

LetterO

Smash Lord
I really hope a Granblue character doesn't get in. I really don't want a mobile game to get a character over fan favorites and overdue franchises like Rhythm Heaven.

Also, at this point I think I'm more convinced of Tibby being the Rhythm Heaven rep over Chorus Kids.

SargeAbernathy

Smash Apprentice
Okay ... looking at the trailer and the video for Piranha Plant. I know what to ask for now.

Nintendo. Make a platform game starring this character. Thank you.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Nah nah nah you don't understand. If it has a sword, it's another sword user. No cuts about it, it's definitely a sword, so it's a sword user. :smirk:

I really hope a Granblue character doesn't get in. I really don't want a mobile game to get a character over fan favorites and overdue franchises like Rhythm Heaven.

Also, at this point I think I'm more convinced of Tibby being the Rhythm Heaven rep over Chorus Kids.
Mobile games aren't good enough to overshadow but a plant is?

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord

I don't get where this confidence in Tibby comes from. If it's intuition no one's intuition was predicting Kencineroar with a Piranha Plant, no one even considered it until the possibility got leaked

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Eh, I dunno about that.
Platinum games has a mixed track record when it comes to games that they don't have as much of an interest in.
Lookin at you Korra...
Cygames used all there gatcha money to get highest of high pedigree devs
Hell Nobuo Uematsu is doing the music

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Even if she were another sword user, who cares? She's mother ******* Katalina!
Also, she has a dress. So she could have more available wardrobe than just about anybody from FE (beyond Ike) that's in here.

Cygames used all there gatcha money to get highest of high pedigree devs
Hell Nobuo Uematsu is doing the music
Meanwhile, Platinum tends to not fare as well under certain publishers (looking at you, Activision), though fortunately their Transformers game is good.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Okay ... looking at the trailer and the video for Piranha Plant. I know what to ask for now.

Nintendo. Make a platform game starring this character. Thank you.
No.

Make an animated parody of Little Shop Of Horrors with him.

Now, i know that there’s that animation on Youtube made by the person behing “NopuNintendo” and the “Something about...” series of videos, but i talk about an official parody.

LetterO

Smash Lord
I don't get where this confidence in Tibby comes from. If it's intuition no one's intuition was predicting Kencineroar with a Piranha Plant, no one even considered it until the possibility got leaked
If Spirits really do deconfirm characters, then Chorus Kids and Karate Joe are outta the park. Tibby has yet to be seen. He'd work as Megamix was released around when Ultimate was finalized.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
I am not convinced we won't get free echo downloads. How odd to consider this "optimistic."
I don't get it, Sakurai specifically stated the DLC packs they'd offer include a character, a stage, and music.

If they were going to start offering free echos as well they would have promoted as such

If Spirits really do deconfirm characters, then Chorus Kids and Karate Joe are outta the park. Tibby has yet to be seen. He'd work as Megamix was released around when Ultimate was finalized.
But there is an extremely low chance spirits deconfirm characters seeing as how WFT, K.Rool, and apperantly Daisy as well have had spirits seen

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I am not convinced we won't get free echo downloads. How odd to consider this "optimistic."
At most it would be like Piranha Plant, free for a limited time until it's sold for like 3.99 or something.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I don't get it, Sakurai specifically stated the DLC packs they'd offer include a character, a stage, and music.

If they were going to start offering free echos as well they would have promoted as such
Yep. He said "I'm not talking about echo fighters" so this is probably all the echoes we'll get

Noipoi

Howdy!
Here's my character ratings.

Newcomers:
:ultinkling: W O O M Y
:ultincineroar: He's really, really close to being number one. But Inkling's unique mechanic and design keeps her at the top spot.
:ultridley:
:ultkrool:
:ultisabelle:
:ultpiranha:
:ultsimon:

Echoes:
:ultdaisy:
:ultchrom:
:ultdarksamus:
:ultrichter:
:ultken:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Okay, thank you. :)

Oh, I didn't know that. So, nobody has really seen much of her yet?
That's not true. She's one of the main characters in the current Granblue Fantasy game, just not the one you play as

D

Deleted member

No no, she's not the protagonist. Gran and Dajeeta are the protagonists of Granblue Fantasy. Katalina is the protagonist of the upcoming Granblue Fantasy game though
Katalina is like the Artoria of Granblue.
She's not the "protagonist", but she's the "main" *unit*.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom