• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Oh so it is Corrin 2 electric boogaloo

I'm telling you reaction to Katalina will be just as bad if not worse
I don't care if people react badly to her inclusion. In fact, let them be salty. The game doesn't revolve around the western fans

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Cygames used all there gatcha money to get highest of high pedigree devs
Hell Nobuo Uematsu is doing the music
Lol, like paying for an orphanage with money you get from assassinating the kids' parents.

Well, as long as that money's going into making an interesting game.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
As for newcomer rankings...
1. (Favorite) :ultpiranha:
2. :ultisabelle:
3. :ultinkling:
4. :ultridley:
5. :ultdarksamus:
6. :ultkrool:
7. :ultsimon:
8. :ultdaisy:
9. :ultken:
10.:ultincineroar:
11. :ultrichter:
12. (Least Favorite) :ultchrom:

D

Deleted member

Here's my character ratings.

Newcomers:
:ultinkling: W O O M Y
:ultincineroar: He's really, really close to being number one. But Inkling's unique mechanic and design keeps her at the top spot.
:ultridley:
:ultkrool:
:ultisabelle:
:ultpiranha:
:ultsimon:

Echoes:
:ultdaisy:
:ultchrom:
:ultdarksamus:
:ultrichter:
:ultken:
Sees Simon in last place:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Sakurai explicitly stated that aside from Piranha Plant the DLC choices haven't been finalized yet. Just figure that'd be useful info for some of you already arguing senselessly.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I still don't believe that Granblue will get a playable character. If Sakurai thought Takamaru was too obscure for an international audience, he's got a significantly higher presence in the west than Katalina.

Regarding Newcomer ratings:
:ultridley:-10/10
:ultsimon:-9.5/10
:ultinkling:-9/10
:ultkrool:-8.5/10
:ultisabelle:-5/10
:ultincineroar:-2/10
:ultdaisy:-5/10
:ultrichter:-8/10
:ultdarksamus:-7.5/10
:ultchrom:-8/10
:ultken:-9/10

Sakurai explicitly stated that aside from Piranha Plant the DLC choices haven't been finalized yet. Just figure that'd be useful info for some of you already arguing senselessly.
Source? Because I knew in the direct he said that only Piranha Plant has begun formal development, I don't remember him saying anything about character selection.

Last edited:

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
I'm gonna just say it outright: Any and all things missing from UItimate that were in previous games (besides trophies) can be blamed almost entirely on tournament players.
It's the same thing that happened with SFV. Capcom pandered to the e-sports crowd, and Nintendo's doing it too now.
it has nothing to do with tournament players and everything to do with there being 74 ****ing characters along with the spirits mode have a lot of work put into it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yep, only three out of the eleven characters were western fan requests.
You say that like the rest were only Japan's favorites.

The rest is really just global appeal at that point. The most Eastern-specific gaga I could think of is maybe Richter? But even then Symphony of the Night is a smash hit in the West, and look who shows up there.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't dislike him, he just doesn't appeal to me as much as Squid Kids, Wrestlemania, and King Plank Rool do.
I take it you've never played Castlevania before?

Last edited by a moderator:

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
Really wondering if we'll get any 3rd Party Spirits from non-playable franchises. Bomberman, Shovel Knight and Monster Hunter are all likely, and we know Shantae is there. Hoping they get more than just one character from their series too.
meanwhile FF will only have Cloud and Emo Cloud
There are also Rabbid spirits

NapoleonDos

Smash Cadet
I don't get it, Sakurai specifically stated the DLC packs they'd offer include a character, a stage, and music.

If they were going to start offering free echos as well they would have promoted as such
I'm of the belief that we were told no echoes so that we wouldn't fear the five newcomers would be lacking originality.

The echoes are bonus. We have been told this since 2015. I see no reason they would not continue be "bonus" for DLC. Perhaps an incentive for Nintendo Online.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I still don't believe that Granblue will get a playable character. If Sakurai thought Takamaru was too obscure for an international audience, he's got a significantly higher presence in the west than Katalina.

Regarding Newcomer ratings:
:ultridley:-10/10
:ultsimon:-9.5/10
:ultinkling:-9/10
:ultkrool:-8.5/10
:ultisabelle:-5/10
:ultincineroar:-2/10
:ultdaisy:-5/10
:ultrichter:-8/10
:ultdarksamus:-7.5/10
:ultchrom:-8/10
:ultken:-9/10

Source? Because I knew in the direct he said that only Piranha Plant has begun formal development, I don't remember him saying anything about character selection.
Isabelle when you give her a 5/10
isabelle-should-we-take-this-outside-29898052.png

D

Deleted member

Not a once.
In that case, here is a list of games you should play,
First off, get the SNES Mini that has Super Castlevania IV. Best old-school Castlevania title period.

Then, if you have a PS4, pick up the recent collection that has Symphony of The Night, which also comes with Rondo of Blood.

Lastly, if have a GBA and DS, then get Aria of Sorrow, Portiat of Ruin, and Order of Ecclisia. All three a solid titles.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Doesn't Sakurai not like putting characters who are only ever known in one region anyways? Lucas wouldn't have been in had Sakurai known Mother 3 was only coming to Japan.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Honestly, considering all of the Shantae hype, I should probably play a Shantae game sometime soon...Which ones the best to start off with?

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Seriously, with all of the amazing content we have now, it'd be nigh-impossible for a character's inclusion to upset me. Seriously, they could add hecking Goku and I'd be totally fine with it - not even overly surprised with the timeline we seem to be in. I've went totally numb to the insanity and the hype - it's all just too amazing.

Last edited:

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
I don't care about Granblue in the slightest, but I would GLADLY take her if it means a guarantee at the hilarity of Steve from Minecraft getting in as a playable character that can fight against characters like Mario and Ryu.

NapoleonDos

Smash Cadet
We were also told Bayonetta won the ballot. So I mean, let's cast some reasonable doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom