• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Y’know, one thing I do like about the Echo Fighters that we got is that each game in the Smash series has at least 1 Echo Fighter.

64 has Dark Samus
Melee has Lucina, Daisy, and Chrom
Brawl has Dark Pit
Smash 4 has Ken
And Ultimate has Richter.

That means no matter which game you started off with in the Skash series, there is an alternate take on a character from that game, which I find pretty cool.

Naiko3232

Smash Apprentice
It's simply not a story mode (Even one foreign Youtube page said that this was just a trailer for the new mode and that's it)

It's a board where you run around the board and collect stuff for the mii's (As well as stickers)!

Does that sound familiar to you all (It certainly sounds almost like Smash Tour, the mode almost everyone said was the worst thing about Smash 4)!!!!!!!!
it has some cool brawl bosses tho, and it has Nintendo city, so...im cautiosly hyped for it

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Only Ken leak was real? Not surprised. Story mode looks decent let's all relax its nothing like smash tour

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It just occurred to me that not one of Incineroar's moves are actually fire type.

Darkest Lariat / Malicious Moonsault - Dark
Revenge - Fighting
Cross Chop - Fighting
Side Special - ???, but not fire that's for sure.

I mean Jiggles has no fairy moves but she was added back when she was normal type and Ivysaur has no poison-type moves but most people forget she's poison type anyway.
:ultpikachu: - Electric
:ultpichu: - Recoil mechanic
:ultjigglypuff: - Normal
:ultmewtwo: - Psychic
:charizard: - Fire / Flying
:squirtle: - Water (Special)
:ivysaur: - Grass
:ultlucario: - Fighting (Special)
:ultgreninja: - Water (Physical) / Dark
:ultincineroar: - Fighting (Physical)

That's about as blunt as I can see each Pokemon's gimmick. I kinda forget recoil and physical/special moves was an actual mechanic in Pokemon.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Not that he needs any, really. Also his up special still has fire effect.
I definitely agree, I just thought it was funny, especially when such a popular argument as to why he had no "moveset potential" was because he was "just another fire user".
Well, there's his Z-Move
Greninja doesn't have any Dark moves tho
Nope, that's dark-type with fire effects thrown in to make it flashy.

Last edited:

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
Putting your faith in a(n) (bunch of) email(s) that was/were nigh impossible to be recieved, responded, or even considered is possibly the single most ridiculous thing I've seen from this fandom. You need to keep in mind that teams like SORA do things their way, not being coerced by some edgy kid with his preachy allcaps and hopeless email.

Now, stop making autists like me and several others on this board look bad and learn to take the bad with the good, there's a lot to be learned with this kind of situation.
Kid! Dude! I'm 25 or 24 years of age!!!!!!!!

D

Deleted member

It's simply not a story mode (Even one foreign Youtube page said that this was just a trailer for the new mode and that's it)

It's a board where you run around the board and collect stuff for the mii's (As well as stickers)!

Does that sound familiar to you all (It certainly sounds almost like Smash Tour, the mode almost everyone said was the worst thing about Smash 4)!!!!!!!!
Dude, anyone with an IQ higher than 5 can tell that the two are nothing alike.
Assuming your not trolling, you're certianly not displaying the intelligence or attitude of one.

osby

Smash Obsessed

World of Light is not a board game

Then start acting like your age, please.

Last edited:

WaxPython

Smash Ace

Really? It better not be! This information confuses and infuriates me

D

Deleted member

I definitely agree, I just thought it was funny, especially when such a popular counter argument as to why he had no "moveset potential" was because he was "just another fire user".

Nope, that's dark-type with fire effects thrown in to make it flashy.
I keep forgetting Primarina is the exception of the starter Z-Moves lol

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
While I do agree that any character has a chance of getting in, I do feel like we need to address when the DLC plans were made. I see a lot of people predicting Edelgard, Rex & Pyra and other recent characters for DLC. The thing is: these characters were either in their conceptual phase or just didn't exist at the time when the DLC characters were decided: the exact same time as the base characters. As much as I love these characters, it's literally impossible for them to be part of the 5 DLC characters, unless Sakurai is contradicting what he clearly said in the direct.
True. Actually, I take back what I said about Assist Trophies earlier. If a character was made into one, then it wouldn't make sense for it to be released as DLC later. However, I don't buy the claim that spirits deconfirm characters, otherwise Mewtwo and Lucas wouldn't have returned in Smash 4. They had trophies before coming back.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
It's not the same in the slightest. He's either trolling, really emotional, really stupid, or all of the above.
Alright I'll take your word for it. Eitherway I'll withhold judgment on the gamemodes until I've played them myself. 0 change I'm not buying this game day one

Last edited:

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
Definitely, but it also depends on if you're still a diehard Grinch believer because of the Ken mural matching up with both versions.
I wonder if that was an actual Nintendo diversion or if some madman just got lucky.
It was confirmed that leak was indeed a fake. The guy who did the leak came out and said he did it to rile up the community because he thought it was funny. here's a twitter post with a picture of the post of the guy who faked it.
https://twitter.com/brainchildlight/status/1058062345338003457

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607

Smash tour didn’t have overworld puzzles or the gorgeous settings. Smash tour didn’t have bosses and some rpg elements for combat.
Smash tour also has some type of story. They didn’t make that whole thing for only hardcore smash players to see. It will be in the game.
Pessimism is okay. Straight up attempting to tell everyone this game is garbage...is outright ignoring that others have opinions too.

Piranha Plant is interesting to me. It doesn’t matter what you say or what characters you need for this game to be worth while. I enjoy the mechanics of the base pert of the game more than I will ever enjoy a story mode. Stories could be entirely absent and I would not care. Doesn’t make it a garbage venture just because I don’t have class.

I enjoy every character other than Wario. I hate Wario. But that doesn’t mean his slot is wasted. Because a LOT of people like Wario.

I’m not going to accuse Sakurai of being unfair because Wario took up a slot.

You don’t need to agree. You also don’t need to try to proselytize everyone else.

(Thanks Zinith Zinith ,that was for you.)

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
:ultridley::ultduckhunt::ultkingdedede::ultrob::ultbowserjr::ultsheik:

Other than Ridley who I haven't tried, in game I'm fairly confident I could beat any CPU - including bosses, with this team. It's the characters I've had the most experience with through smash.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Can we talk about how busted :ultpiranha: is looking (for me) though?

- Decent projectile (kinda like Shot Put :ultmiifighters:, pretty good edgeguard if you nail the angle)
- More range than :ultsimon::ultrichter:
- Fast and lenghty recovery
- Super Armor
- Possibly the fastest spike move in the game

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
While I do agree that any character has a chance of getting in, I do feel like we need to address when the DLC plans were made. I see a lot of people predicting Edelgard, Rex & Pyra and other recent characters for DLC. The thing is: these characters were either in their conceptual phase or just didn't exist at the time when the DLC characters were decided: the exact same time as the base characters. As much as I love these characters, it's literally impossible for them to be part of the 5 DLC characters, unless Sakurai is contradicting what he clearly said in the direct.
>realizes that this means 2B and Bowsette could be in trouble unless they pull SFV's shady nonsense and do a season 2 of DLC.

FRICC

It's not the same in the slightest. He's either trolling, really emotional, really stupid, or all of the above.
I'm a really emotional person, and I don't do this kind of nonsense, so we can scratch that one off the list.

WaxPython

Smash Ace

- Decent projectile (kinda like Shot Put :ultmiifighters:, pretty good edgeguard if you nail the angle)
- Super Armor
We havent seen Falco's spike yet though

Noipoi

Howdy!

- Super Armor
I told you all, Piranha Plant's gonna dethrone Bayonetta.

Not really, but if Piranha Plant ends up top tier I will laugh for all eternity

osby

Smash Obsessed

- Super Armor
pleasebebrokenpleasebebrokenpleasebebrokenpleasebebroken

Ahem, love to see him in high-level play, it could be fun.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Your behavior in the past couple of pages says otherwise. One aspie to (potentially) another, mate; there's many ways to express disappointment, but the way you've been acting's one of the more looked-down-upon methods of doing so.

Also, I personally think Smash Tour's not that bad. It had potential, just not the best execution.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Smash tour didn’t have overworld puzzles or the gorgeous settings. Smash tour didn’t have bosses and some rpg elements for combat.
Smash tour also has some type of story. They didn’t make that whole thing for only hardcore smash players to see. It will be in the game.
Pessimism is okay. Straight up attempting to tell everyone this game is garbage...is outright ignoring that others have opinions too.

Piranha Plant is interesting to me. It doesn’t matter what you say or what characters you need for this game to be worth while. I enjoy the mechanics of the base pert of the game more than I will ever enjoy a story mode. Stories could be entirely absent and I would not care. Doesn’t make it a garbage venture just because I don’t have class.

I enjoy every character other than Wario. I hate Wario. But that doesn’t mean his slot is wasted. Because a LOT of people like Wario.

I’m not going to accuse Sakurai of being unfair because Wario took up a slot.

You don’t need to agree. You also don’t need to try to proselytize everyone else.

(Thanks Zinith Zinith ,that was for you.)
The way I see it, World of Light appears to be an Adventure mode made up of many different components of a variety of game modes. These include a map you move around like in Smash Tour, boss battles from Brawl, event matches, and "reviving" the fighters reminds me of having to defeat each of them from the Great Maze in Brawl.

D

Deleted member

I told you all, Piranha Plant's gonna dethrone Bayonetta.

Not really, but if Piranha Plant ends up top tier I will laugh for all eternity
I will laugh my head off if Piranha Plant ends up being top tier.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

- Super Armor
Cool your jets, we don't even have gameplay of him.

And even then he aint looking that hot either.
-The projectile is extremely telegraphed being forced to be blown up before taking a side
-More range doesn't especially make you stronger when its frame data and no disjoint
-Even at a glance his recovery doesn't cover his head and travels up slowly
-The superarmor is telegraphed and only applies when he's in the pot which only happens in certain moves
-spikes will always require specific timing and spacing and that's hard to pull off even if you've got the fastest spike in the game, which I would think still belongs to Captain Falcon's stomp if not our 6 other stomps.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
We havent seen Falco's spike yet though
It probably has the same delay though.
Could that honestly beat the Frame 2 Piranha Dunk?

-spikes will always require specific timing and spacing and that's hard to pull off even if you've got the fastest spike in the game, which I would think still belongs to Captain Falcon's stomp.
You tell me.

Last edited:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
I will laugh my head off if Piranha Plant ends up being top tier.
Dude, it would be crazy to see plants vs plants as the final match for most tournaments.
We get to see Piranha Plant beat all other Mario characters. Sweet justice.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Tbf, my character obsession can make me confuse my age at times. I'm either 27 or 12 :yoshi:
I'll be 21 in a couple of weeks. That means I can celebrate Ultimate by drinking. :rotfl: (even though I won't)

All right guys, here me out.

Remember how we would have RidleyBoards during April 1st?

Well, how about now we have...

PiranhaBoards?

:ultpiranha:
Niiiice.

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
My head cannon is that Piranha Plant's inclusion was a compromise in order to keep the henchman union happy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom