• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Alright, time to get people pissed again.

Katalina.

Granblue Fantasy's having its "BIG" bi-yearly festival in Japan the 15th of December, where they outline their plans for the upcoming year, and this coming year is the game's 5 year anniversary in March.

If Katalina actually IS in Smash, a Direct dropping the news around March seems very likely to coincide with the game's anniversary.
I'll get the popcorn ready.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
No joke Katalina as a roster pick would baffle me more then Piranha Plant, and Planty is a character who's meant to be baffling.

I'm not sure I'd be angry, just...confused. Very confused. But maybe that's just because there's a little elitist inside me who looks down upon the mobile market.

D

Deleted member

So. Mr. Game & Watch's revised up-air actually shoots out air and sticks to the direction.

That ****? That **** gets me real good.

Cr1tiKAL_gasm.png

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
He's a wrestling heel. Meant to be a villain. The Dark type fits his personality. He pretends to cheat as part of his style.
Lol oh no I get what the reason they have for him being a dark type is. I just think he should be a fighting type because he's literally uses fighting moves is all. I personally feel they could have made him a heel fighter Pokemon just fine without the typing honestly but meh that's just me.

D

Deleted member

Do we have any likely dlc characters every one has been revealed or deconfirmed Geno got hit hard with :ultpiranha:being being revealed all there is is banjo and chorus kids?? Maybe Steve from minecraft??

Shroob

Sup?
Do we have any likely dlc characters every one has been revealed or deconfirmed Geno got hit hard with :ultpiranha:being being revealed all there is is banjo and chorus kids?? Maybe Steve from minecraft??
Vergeben says a 2nd Square rep and Minecraft "Content" is in the game.

Spawn Wave says Sora is coming

Senjou_Hitagi says Steve and Katalina are in the game

If these 3 are to be taken as 'true', then that'd be 3 of our 5.

D

Deleted member

You know no one here actually plays Pokemon when people think Incineroar should have been Fire/Fighting

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
You know no one here actually plays Pokemon when people think Incineroar should have been Fire/Fighting
You mean reads the pokedex entries.

Because honestly, if it weren't for that flavor text, he doesn't exactly do any heel moves or act like a heel.
Except throat chop. That's a good "evil wrestler" move.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
Kind of makes sense when you consider it's based on a heel wrestler and that dirty fighting is a big basis for what the dark type is in pokemon
Oh don't get me wrong I know why they made him a dark type just think he would have fit the fighting type a bit better since they could have actually learn more moves that actually fit the whole wrestler thing but that's just me.

D

Deleted member

Oh, I forgot to put this when I posted my "The Case for Heihachi" post, but since we're gonna get all DLC characters by February 2020, I'm gonna make the obvious prediction that Heihachi will be revealed at EVO 2019. It makes too. Much. Sense.

D

Deleted member

Vergeben says a 2nd Square rep and Minecraft "Content" is in the game.

Spawn Wave says Sora is coming

Senjou_Hitagi says Steve and Katalina are in the game

If these 3 are to be taken as 'true', then that'd be 3 of our 5.
I don't think they will go through Disney to get a semi wanted character i gess Katalina not very wanted but again we got :ultpiranha: so maybe...

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Oh, I forgot to put this when I posted my "The Case for Heihachi" post, but since we're gonna get all DLC characters by February 2020, I'm gonna make the obvious prediction that Heihachi will be revealed at EVO 2019. It makes too. Much. Sense.
Nah fam.
Nightmare's the new (and old) hotness.

Shroob

Sup?
I don't think they will go through Disney to get a semi wanted character i gess Katalina not very wanted but again we got :ultpiranha: so maybe...
Disney isn't much of an issue, they've said they're on board with it, they just need the creator on board.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Still weird that he's a fire dark type instead fire fighting honestly though.
Incineroar should be Fire/Fighting...

The only thing is we've had a Fire/Fighting type starter every generation since Gen 3 except Gen 6

So I don't think they wanted to rile people up with a 4th Fire/Fighting starter.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
"Another Fire/Fighting type" is the Pokemon fanbase's version of "another anime swordsman".

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

The only thing is we've had a Fire/Fighting type starter every generation since Gen 3 except Gen 6

So I don't think they wanted to rile people up with a 4th Fire/Fighting starter.
I love Incineroar, but for the love of God can we please get a fire starter that isn't fighting in either typing or theme next year?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The pokemon Malamar basically just uses Contrary and SuperPower, yet isn't a fighting type. He's like the opposite. Dark/ Psychic

It's weird when a pokemon's use is a move it doesn't get STAB from

Last edited:

StellerRJay

~Chocobo Lover~
Switch FC
4077-3863-9308
Tbf, my character obsession can make me confuse my age at times. I'm either 27 or 12 :yoshi:
Just like my own obsession with a specific chocobo who has his own series of games and all chocobos in general~

Absolutely love the little feathery fella <3

D

Deleted member

This is a random idea, but what if we had different announcers for each match? Like the World Cup guy announcing for Smash?

"He's lining up for the finish. He's going for the spike.....KOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

osby

Smash Obsessed
The pokemon Malamar basically just uses Contrary and SuperPower, yet isn't a fighting type. He's like the opposite. Dark/ Psychic

It's weird when a pokemon's use is a move it doesn't get STAB from
Yeah, but I like it when they do that. That's why I liked Charizard having Rock Smash.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I just had a thought: Could Piranha Plant have been influenced by the fact that Petey possibly being a returning boss in Spirits?

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, I think Steve is an inevitability at this point, for better(My stance), or for worse(Most other people)

Vergeben still is standing by "Minecraft Content" being in, and at this point that means it's going to be a Stage and Music... so unless we're getting another Microsoft character who is going to use the Minecraft stage as their home-world, it's going to be Steve.

It 'COULD' be a Spirit, not denying that, but that would still imply a Microsoft rep of some form, since I highly doubt Nintendo would go to Microsoft for a couple PNGs and nothing else.

Last edited:

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
Might as well give my list of top 5 characters i'd want to see in dlc or future games for Smash.

1. Sora been wanting him for a long time
2. Doom Guy come on guys he makes perfect sense he's the father of modern fps and that's something that they haven't really celebrated yet in a game about celebrating gaming
3. Diablo same reason as Doom Guy since he's the father of action rpgs
4. Shatae as she makes the most sense as an indie rep.
-honerable mentions Hollow Knight from Hollow Knight and Sans and or Papyrus from Undertale just two games that just scream Nintendo to me and I think deserve it but anyway.
5. Kamek I actually think they could make a really decent kit for him and is a pretty prevalent figure in the Mario series as of late so i think he deserves it.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I just had a thought: Could Piranha Plant have been influenced by the fact that Petey possibly being a returning boss in Spirits?
My tinfoil hat theory was he was the first party character with most votes in the ballot because a huge number of people just wanted to test if Sakurai could do that without knowing others did the same.

...so yeah, it's probably what you said.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman

ya I have feeling that's why they did it too honestly but out of most of the starters he definitely should have had that type combination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom