• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
It was confirmed that leak was indeed a fake. The guy who did the leak came out and said he did it to rile up the community because he thought it was funny. here's a twitter post with a picture of the post of the guy who faked it.
https://twitter.com/brainchildlight/status/1058062345338003457
HE JUST EDITED THE BANNER, HOLY **** REALLY PEOPLE WERE MAKING LIKE SUPER INDEPH ANALYSIS AND THE GUY WAS LIKE "YEAH WE JUST PLACED **** AROUND LOL"

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
It probably has the same delay though.
Could that honestly beat the Frame 2 Piranha Dunk?

You tell me.
Well I've yet to see everyone else's spikes, but that does look pretty good. Gonna say how good it is depends on how much of the hitbox actually spikes.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
My favorite Final Smashes in the game are K. Rool’s, Simon’s, and Yoshi’s. I really like how Yoshi’s FS is a reference to Melee’s opening being the running Yoshi herd and if that’s what oncoming death looks like, I welcome it with open arms. :lol:

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
User was warned for this post; Flaming
John Dylan Smith said:
Does everyone not understand that Story Mode is just Smash tour 3.0!

Also! I Wrote a whole list of characters, stages, and costumes and mailed them to Nintendo for them and Sakurai to use as suggestions (Some of which were good ideas)!

And what do they! RAISE A GIANT MIDDLE FINGER AT ME THROW MY IDEAS IN THE TRASH IN FAVOR OF SOMETHING NOBODY EVER ASKED FOR!!!!!!!!!!

Also! All the modes from the past Smash games are gone (CAN YOU ALL SEE WHY I'M PISSED OFF ABOUT THIS HORRIFIC GARBAGE)!!!!!!!!

The ONLY THING YOU CAN DO IS PLAY ONLINE WHICH IS SAID TO BE NON FUNCTIONAL!

PLEASE!!! LISTEN TO MY WARNING SIGNS AND STOP BEFORE YOU WASTE VALUABLE RESOURCES ON SOMETHING NOT WORTH YOUR TIME AND ATTENTION!!!!!!!!

Wow you are a piece of work aren't you. Dude you are delusional as **** if you seriously though anyone at Nintendo even bothered to look at that email for longer than five seconds before instantly deleting it. This is Sakurai's game not YOUR game if you want something make it yourself. But don't act surprised when SORA team doesn't do something you personally want. You don't get to force them to do whatever you want that's literally not how any of that works, God kids like you need to get off that high ass pedestal you think you have the world does not revolve around you. If that isn't the most childish **** I've ever read idk what is.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Btw, :ultbayonetta::ultzelda::ultkrool: have Final Smashes that act like a danger zone (Zelda has the best FS, fight me)

Do we know any other such characters?

Ah ok. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get them all this time. There were a lot of pieces I just didn't get for long periods of time in Smash 4. May still be missing a few actually
This game has a shop, so it probably won't be a problem.

Last edited:

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
HE JUST EDITED THE BANNER, HOLY **** REALLY PEOPLE WERE MAKING LIKE SUPER INDEPH ANALYSIS AND THE GUY WAS LIKE "YEAH WE JUST PLACED **** AROUND LOL"
Lol yup goes to show you don't believe leaks man and just wait for Nintendo to release info themselves it'll save you the hard ache.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
John Dylan Smith said:

Also! I Wrote a whole list of characters, stages, and costumes and mailed them to Nintendo for them and Sakurai to use as suggestions (Some of which were good ideas)!

And what do they! RAISE A GIANT MIDDLE FINGER AT ME THROW MY IDEAS IN THE TRASH IN FAVOR OF SOMETHING NOBODY EVER ASKED FOR!!!!!!!!!!

Also! All the modes from the past Smash games are gone (CAN YOU ALL SEE WHY I'M PISSED OFF ABOUT THIS HORRIFIC GARBAGE)!!!!!!!!

PLEASE!!! LISTEN TO MY WARNING SIGNS AND STOP BEFORE YOU WASTE VALUABLE RESOURCES ON SOMETHING NOT WORTH YOUR TIME AND ATTENTION!!!!!!!!

Wow you are a piece of work aren't you. Dude you are delusional as **** if you seriously though anyone at Nintendo even bothered to look at that email for longer than five seconds before instantly deleting it. This is Sakurai's game not YOUR game if you want something make it yourself. But don't act surprised when SORA team doesn't do something you personally want. You don't get to force them to do whatever you want that's literally not how any of that works, God kids like you need to get off that high *** pedestal you think you have the world does not revolve around you. If that isn't the most childish **** I've ever read idk what is.
Quick question.
Why exactly are you linking to the comment and copy-pasting it instead of just pressing the reply button?

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

"You all think you have great ideas for Smash Bros games, but if I actually listened to all of you and we combined all of your ideas in a game, it would be an unplayable monstrosity. You want a game with all the obscure JRPG characters, but only the first party characters, yet Geno and such silly characters. Whenever I receive one of these rants, I go to the development floor and read it out loud to all the Bandai Namco employees in a mocking voice, and we all laugh at you."
-Masahiro Sakurai

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
D

Deleted member

John Dylan Smith said:

Wow you are a piece of work aren't you. Dude you are delusional as **** if you seriously though anyone at Nintendo even bothered to look at that email for longer than five seconds before instantly deleting it. This is Sakurai's game not YOUR game if you want something make it yourself. But don't act surprised when SORA team doesn't do something you personally want. You don't get to force them to do whatever you want that's literally not how any of that works, God kids like you need to get off that high *** pedestal you think you have the world does not revolve around you. If that isn't the most childish **** I've ever read idk what is.
Er...You do know the reply button is a thing right?

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
Quick question.
Why exactly are you linking to the comment and copy-pasting it instead of just pressing the reply button?
I'm new to this literally made the account like 2 days ago man still learning how to use it. wasn't sure if just replaying was gonna reply to you or the guy my actual comment was directed at so I just copied the part that held relevance to my comment.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
So you know how there's a meme of fake video games of Nintendo characters doing mundane things? Like "Kirby does his Taxes," "Wario is Dying," etc.?

Looks like we need to add "Ken goes to ****ing Prison" to the list.

D

Deleted member

You know, I've really warmed up to :ultincineroar: (no pun intented). I like his moveset and style. Really solidifes him as the wrestler Pokemon he should be.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
So the leak that people were arguing was this almost impossible behemoth of a task to even do was essentially them just slapping things onto it and getting a buddy at a press company to print it out?

Shroob

Sup?
Alright, time to get people pissed again.

Katalina.

Granblue Fantasy's having its "BIG" bi-yearly festival in Japan the 15th of December, where they outline their plans for the upcoming year, and this coming year is the game's 5 year anniversary in March.

If Katalina actually IS in Smash, a Direct dropping the news around March seems very likely to coincide with the game's anniversary.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I just make it a policy not to reply to any posts that exceed a certain length.

The power of laziness,

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
:ultpiranha:

...Sorry, just reminding myself that this is an icon we have in our Smash section now.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
:ultpikachu: - Electric
:ultpichu: - Recoil mechanic
:ultjigglypuff: - Normal
:ultmewtwo: - Psychic
:charizard: - Fire / Flying
:squirtle: - Water (Special)
:ivysaur: - Grass
:ultlucario: - Fighting (Special)
:ultgreninja: - Water (Physical) / Dark
:ultincineroar: - Fighting (Physical)

That's about as blunt as I can see each Pokemon's gimmick. I kinda forget recoil and physical/special moves was an actual mechanic in Pokemon.

Nah all fighting type moves are physical not special last I checked

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
You know, I've really warmed up to :ultincineroar: (no pun intented). I like his moveset and style. Really solidifes him as the wrestler Pokemon he should be.
Still weird that he's a fire dark type instead fire fighting honestly though.

D

Deleted member

Why are people believing a random 4chan anon claiming to be the creator of the Grinch Leak without even posting the clean image. Seriously, I really wanna see how that looks and it's also the only way anyone can prove their involvement in it.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Alright, time to get people pissed again.

Katalina.

Granblue Fantasy's having its "BIG" bi-yearly festival in Japan the 15th of December, where they outline their plans for the upcoming year, and this coming year is the game's 5 year anniversary in March.

If Katalina actually IS in Smash, a Direct dropping the news around March seems very likely to coincide with the game's anniversary.
I wouldn't mind her ngl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom