• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
Then who the **** do you want?
That Square Enix Character Vergeben talked about (Geno, Crono, Sora, Lara Croft)

Banjo And Kazooie

Travis Touchdown

Dixie Kong

A New Earthbound/Kid Icarus Character

A Zelda Character who isn't a carbon clone of Link/ C. Falcon

Mach Rider

A Rhythm Heaven Character

A New Kirby Character

Ryu Hayabuse From Ninja Gaiden

The Doom Marine From DOOM

A Fire Emblem Character that doesn't use a sword

A Second Namco Rep (Klonoa, Nightmare From Soul Calibur, Dig-Dug, Someone From Tekken)

Hell, Slippy Toad from Star Fox!!!!!!!!!!!

Give me one of those characer's as free DLC! Not a generic plant with a garbage moveset that was ripped off from a few other fighters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

R O F L

Smash Ace
Face it!!! Nothing about that stupid flower is original and you all should save that 10 dollars you all were gonna use to buy that waste of potential!!!!!!!!
What are you talking about?
All of his special moves are unique.
He has a long range angle-able move with super armor
The poison has it's own properties that actually applies an effect to the person hit.
His blowy-projectile-ball-thingy is a unique projectile and is a reference to SMB3
The properties of his Up-B are completely unique.

Of course he has some moves that are similar to other fighters like D-Smash and some of his airs, but this fighter is just as unique as any other character already on smash, plus he is the first actual joke character.

This plant dude is perfect.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
A Helicopter move!! Haven't seen that anywhere before (Except with K. Rool)
Blowing projectiles!! Haven't seen this anywhere before either (Except with Bowser Jr,)
And unleashing gas! I'm sure I haven't already see that (Except with Wario)

Face it!!! Nothing about that stupid flower is original and you all should save that 10 dollars you all were gonna use to buy that waste of potential!!!!!!!!
For one thing , it's free. Two , it's optional so if you don't like don't buy it simple.

KMDP

Smash Legend
As a fun fact, King K. Rool is officially the Ultimate newcomer who has appeared in the most cinematic trailers.

Inkling: 2 (Reveal cinematic, World of Light)
Ridley: 1 (Ridley reveal)
Simon: 2 (Simon reveal, World of Light)
King K. Rool: 3 (King K. Rool reveal, Incineroar reveal, World of Light)
Isabelle: 1 (Isabelle reveal)
Incineroar: 1 (Incineroar reveal)
Richter and Ken are the only new Echoes to be in Ultimate's Cinematic Trailers ("new" because Dark Pit shows up in the World of Light Trailer).

Additionally, Dark Pit, Richter and Ken are the only Echoes to get Cinematic 3D Models (when Lucina appeared in Robin's Trailer, as people might remember, it was in Fire Emblem Awakening's Art Style and not Smash's, the same applies to Chrom, but delayed by 4 years).

Last edited:

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
Oh **** yes they would be

TBF PP isn't DLC either he's a bonus
In technicality he is post game content that is downloadable

Just temporarily free DLC bonus.

But yeah, people dont like the idea of the joke character being revealed later than sooner. Imagine if he was revealed as base roster with ridley and inkling, do you think thered still be backlash? It's all in perspective, when you get to the last characters in the roster they tend to be the ones that get the most flack for "taking a spot".

(btw i apologize for any extra spaces in my sentences, space bar has been really messed up)

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Mini-game for ya'll:

Who will you be fighting Galeem as (up to 6 as that's how many you were allowed to fight Tabuu with).
What song would you replace the Final Boss theme with, assuming you do so?
Is your reason for these choices have anything to do with the game's story/lore, or do you have other reasons?

I suggest we cut everyone who punches. Mario already does that.

Link uses a sword already, cut everyone with a sword.

Anyone who uses a gun, can 'em. Got Samus.

This is getting a little silly, but eh, to each their own. :p
Mii Brawler, Mii Swordfighter, and Mii Gunner all get cut if this happens.

I feel ****ing attacked.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
That Square Enix Character Vergeben talked about (Geno, Crono, Sora, Lara Croft)

Banjo And Kazooie

Travis Touchdown

Dixie Kong

Mach Rider

A New Kirby Character

A Second Namco Rep (Klonoa, Nightmare From Soul Calibur, Dig-Dug, Someone From Tekken)

Give me one of those characer's as free DLC! Not a generic plant with a garbage moveset that was ripped off from a few other fighters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dude, I'm right there with you on this, but the moveset is unique. I saw the videos comparing him to other fighters, but there's even more similarities between King K Rool and other fighters than piranha plant. He's definitely a unique character.

Last edited:

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
This was probably already posted, but... is that really a Big alt?

It's the same colour scheme even down to the eyes. Instant main.
Considering his eyes are already that color normally it might be a coincidence. If his belt is gold though it might legit be a reference

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Pokemon fans were probably so split on the ballot anyway that there probably wasn't a single high ranking contender anyway. I remember seeing a ton of Sceptile campaigning but I don't think he tended to do well on fan polls even despite that.
I'm not denying it wouldn't have been split, but I'm willing to bet that a good amount of votes probably would've went to a Hoenn Pokémon.
After all, ORAS was released around the time of the ballot and there's a lot of Pokémon fans that aren't counted in fan polls.

I mean after all, Geno and other Smash community favorites are usually in the higher precentage of votes on fan polls, so I wouldn't say it's representative of all who voted.

So while I don't think there would've been a clear winner, I wouldn't be surprised if some Pokémon were voted for quite a bit.
So, either way TPCI still pushed Sun and Moon over a ballot Pokémon, and it's pretty evident they ignored it either way.
It just sucks period.

Either way, I'm happy that Incineroar is here.

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I see. That makes sense. Since I doubt there will be a second wave, it's too bad. I really loved playing through Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and to see it not get a stage or playable character in Smash stings just a bit. I could even hear the sympathy in Sakurai's voice when he confirmed Rex only as a mii costume. Looks like unfortunate timing is the culprit here. Oh well. Thanks for responding.
Word of advice, Be vocal. We're extremely early in the Switch's lifecycle. It still makes all the sense in the world to do a few years worth of DLC. Let it be known and I'm sure Sakurai will consider it. I'm pulling for an Ashley Promotion and it's exactly what I'm going to do.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Incineroar actually has his shiny as an alt. I wish they'd do this for the rest of them.
540f5c85dfee1ba008b3635742a49b7edfefca9cr1-399-230v2_hq.jpg

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Word of advice, Be vocal. We're extremely early in the Switch's lifecycle. It still makes all the sense in the world to do a few years worth of DLC. Let it be known and I'm sure Sakurai will consider it. I'm pulling for an Ashley Promotion and it's exactly what I'm going to do.
Thank you for the advice, but eh. Honestly. It's fine. I'm already satisfied with what we got. I wish you good luck with promoting Ashley though.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Mini-game for ya'll:

Who will you be fighting Galeem as (up to 6 as that's how many you were allowed to fight Tabuu with).
Is your reason for these choices have anything to do with the game's story/lore, or do you have other reasons?

3. Because he's my boi AND it'd be so much better if a character who's shown to absolutely deserve the hero spotlight should FINALLY have it after all this time...

PF9

Smash Lord
I noticed Sonic tried to save Pikachu in the Spirits trailer

I've always had them as good friends in my headcanons with both being small mammals, now it looks as if this friendship will be canon

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
Incineroar actually has his shiny as an alt. I wish they'd do this for the rest of them.
View attachment 175234
Why waste alternate outfits on Miis that won't be USED ONLINE AT ALL LIKE IN SMASH 4!

I DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARE THEY TRYING TO NOT MAKE US BUY THE GAME!

Huh! I think I answered my own question!!!!!!

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

R O F L

Smash Ace
I wish the guys at the Spain demo showed Olimar's alts. I'd rather be disappointed now rather than later. There is another demo in the US tomorrow, hopefully someone does a vid of all alternate costumes.

Plus DMK looks awesome! The only thing that could make him better would be torn-up wings.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
View attachment 175234
Now that I've gotten a better look at it, yeah, that's definitely a bit tweaked from his true shiny colors. They did the old' Greninja almost-shiny-but-not-quite loophole yet again.
Incineroar really is tinier than I thought he would be. I though the final starters were meant to be huge, but... hm, let me see...

*does an internet*
He's bigger than Charizard by 4 inches. Anyone else here still think he looks a might smaller in game than they thought?
Pokemon proportions have always been and will always be - pardon my Kalos - a load of Snubbull****.

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
These reactions to piranha plant are exactly the kind i was expecting if there was ever the possibility of goomba getting in smash (probably never now but who cares, piranha plant!!)

I honestly love you guys who are taking the silliness of the character well, smash isnt always predictable and it shouldnt be! We can have fun every now and again and go crazy with character guesses and reveals, and im super happy sakurai still shows a sense of humor with characters. If not for him we wouldn't have Pichu, ROB, or Wii Fit Trainer.

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
Rayquaza is a boss. If you go back to where Kirby looks at the overview of everything after he recovers from the Warp Star crash, you can see Rayquaza way to the left.

kylexv

Smash Master
Don't know if anyone noticed this, but the Pokemon that Pokemon Trainer has have their own individual stock icons
13:34, top right of the screen.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Mini-game for ya'll:

Inkling, Incineroar, Ridley, K Rool, Isabelle, Leaf.
Gangplank Galleon, of course. Or Lifelight.
Nah, they're just my faves. I wanna headcanon that they're the heroes of the story.

D

Deleted member

A Helicopter move!! Haven't seen that anywhere before (Except with K. Rool)
Blowing projectiles!! Haven't seen this anywhere before either (Except with Bowser Jr,)
And unleashing gas! I'm sure I haven't already see that (Except with Wario)

Why waste alternate outfits on Miis that won't be USED ONLINE AT ALL LIKE IN SMASH 4!

I DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARE THEY TRYING TO NOT MAKE US BUY THE GAME!

Huh! I think I answered my own question!!!!!!
My dude, what is your deal right now?

Keyblader_Of_Smash

Smash Cadet

Banjo And Kazooie

Travis Touchdown

Dixie Kong

Mach Rider

A New Kirby Character

Oh boy. You use waaaay to many exclamation points. Look, you are acting silly over a video game. Sure Piranha Plant is not Geno or Banjo or Mach Rider, I’m sure no one was on the bandwagon for him get it. The fact of the matter is he is free, and even then when he becomes paid DLC you don’t have to buy him. That’s the glory of DLC.

People got disappointed, heck look at the Isaac fans, they got completely screwed with. They might be sad but they are not throwing a fit. Just accept what it is and move on. It’s not the end of the world and if you chose not to get the game because of your preferences, that’s fine. However please stop complaining and bringing everyone else down with you.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman

Banjo And Kazooie

Travis Touchdown

Dixie Kong

Mach Rider

A New Kirby Character

Jesus man slow your roll there that is a lot of **** Sakurai and his team are human. I bet you money 99% of that would not have happened anyway those seem like base roster additions if they were gonna happen anyway. Which don't get me wrong I do see happening in future games but definitely not this game. Rather than DLC stuff since that's really where they can give us stuff we wouldn't expect as apposed to like 90% of what you just asked for which again seem more like base or no dice. Like Doom Guy seems like dlc, Nightmare too. But dig dug, New Zelda rep? Those things seem more likely as base rather than DLC. Anyway what I'm trying to say is you gotta check your own hype train man at least try to remain realistic when speculating otherwise you're gonna kill your own hype for having overly high expectations. Think this direct kinda proved at this point that this is Sakurai's game and much less "ours" and if he wants to add someone well dammit he will try his hardest to have them in the game if not playable than the next best thing. Ya Smash is a celebration of gaming but at the end of the day it's his baby and he can make it what he wants and we should support that.

Last edited:

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
How did that relate to the post?
It didn't at all tmk. As far as I can tell they are just complaining about completely random things at this point. It's getting kind of annoying honestly.

Though on the topic of Miis I remember hearing Sakurai say they were going to attempt to make them online legal this time around. We hear anything more on that yet?

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
These reactions to piranha plant are exactly the kind i was expecting if there was ever the possibility of goomba getting in smash (probably never now but who cares, piranha plant!!)

I honestly love you guys who are taking the silliness of the character well, smash isnt always predictable and it shouldnt be! We can have fun every now and again and go crazy with character guesses and reveals, and im super happy sakurai still shows a sense of humor with characters. If not for him we wouldn't have Pichu, ROB, or Wii Fit Trainer.
Hell! I would have rather prefered a Goomba or A Koopa Troopa (At least those those guys can move around, punch, kick, and fly) as opposed to a plant that has nothing interesting to offer us!!!!!

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607

Banjo And Kazooie

Travis Touchdown

Dixie Kong

Mach Rider

A New Kirby Character

But you just don’t like anyone already in the game? Even if they gave you only one character you really want to play as, you would buy it? I have only one character I don’t play. And that has nothing to do with me liking the source material of every other character. I like the gameplay itself.

What do you like that even has you here if you refuse to buy it the moment it’s announced, barring one of the above characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom