• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
NEW GAME!
Make a list of Five Characters who the door is now open to thanks to Robin's Final Smash that you'd like to see in Smash one day as dlc maybe.

For me its..

1. X
2. Proto Man
3. Bass (yeah yeah i like Mega Man OK)
4. Fiora
and 5. Shadow Mario (As an echo of mario but with Bowser Jr.s Final Smash)
Mega Man.EXE
Toad/Captain Toad

That's all I got.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So, something I haven't seen discussed in the wake of the direct is the saddest lack of confirmation of all:

They never mentioned that amiibo will unlock characters. I was really hoping to skip to Inklings and Daisy right away.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Yeah, I guess that's true. Guess i'll throw in the Geno towel.

Don't mind me, i'll just be crying about my obscure game character...
Don't worry, Noipoi. I've been crying about Marina since 1999. There's plenty of room in the crying corner. :(

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

This still impresses me. Not a surprise, but he was 1 of 4 characters (:ultlink::ultgreninja::ultlucario::ultbayonetta:) who could even dodge those beams at all.

Well, Sonic could have, but we know what happened. I can't wait to play this! And, we have that Nintendo Live event tomorrow, if anyone's interested.
:ultsonic: wanting to save the Pika and the Duck trying to lift up his Dog to freedom while :ultpalutena: tries to protect her only friend(s) the Pits, :ultlink::ultbayonetta::ultlucario::ultgreninja::ultbowser::ultpokemontrainer::ultsamus::ultzelda::ultmewtwo: all trying to fight the light off, :ultshulk: trying to give them all a warning, :ultinkling::ultsnake: trying to hide only for it to backfire (though the former have never been through anything worse than actual death)....while :ultfalcon::ultfalco: decide to save themselves only...oof (:ultkirby: did the same, but is gonna save them all so he gets an excuse)

Seems pretty accurate and fair

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I know this has been said a million times, but i'm gonna say it again because I still can't believe it.

Box theory was right. How crazy is that?

Seanp12

Smash Journeyman
I feel bad for Shantae, but...
You know who hasn't been eliminated by Spirits?
LUSAMINE
I see no reason to suppose that Spirits disqualify characters from being DLC anymore than Mewtwo's trophy in Smash 3DS disqualified Mewtwo. Spirits are literally the replacement for trophies, after all.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I know this has been said a million times, but i'm gonna say it again because I still can't believe it.

In an odd way. i thought box and grinch leaks where real it could've gone either way. I was leaning more towards Grinch though.

Either way, Honestly Box Theory being real wasn't a very big stretch.

D

Deleted member

I doubt Heihachi purely due to his reasoning from before, namely not being able to find a moveset that accurately represents his game. If you think about it, creating a moveset for a typically 3D plane fighter in a 2D fighter would be incredibly difficult to replicate while still keeping the core feel of the original game.

He could just make a general moveset for him from his Tekken moveset and leave it at that sure, but from Bayo (multiple jumps and her unique spotdodge mechanic), Cloud (Limit Break amplifying his moves), Ryu (inputs for his moves), hell even Mega Man (specials based around multiple different boss powerups just like his game), Sakurai clearly wants to incorporate parts of the original series with third party fighters as part of their identity. I think that this is Heihachi's biggest obstacle for Sakurai, figuring out how to capture Tekken's style in Smash.

(of course this is all just speculation based on one Sakurai comment so take this with a huge grain of salt.
You do make a good point, which is why I wanna try and make of a move set when I get some free time to discuss the case for him getting in Ultimate.

Oh, and if anyone can help me with this, what happens when you pre-order the digital version? I'm away at work, but I'm able to order the game so do I just get a download code?

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
While I don't wanna blow the load just yet, this is how I pretty much feel with Heihachi. Even if Tekken 7 released back in 2015, it's still on the minds of people due to the insane DLC characters like Negan and Noctis. And I've yet to see any Heihachi costume or spirit, too.
Agree I strongly believe Bandai Namco will get a second rep. It makes no sense that they are developing the game, yet be the only ones who do not have a second rep if Square gets a second rep. Heihachi makes a lot of sense, outside of Pacman he next best represents the company.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
:ultsonic: wanting to save the Pika and the Duck trying to lift up his Dog to freedom while :ultpalutena: tries to protect her only friend(s) the Pits, :ultlink::ultbayonetta::ultlucario::ultgreninja::ultbowser::ultpokemontrainer::ultsamus::ultzelda::ultmewtwo: all trying to fight the light off, :ultshulk: trying to give them all a warning, :ultinkling::ultsnake: trying to hide only for it to backfire (though the former have never been through anything worse than actual death)....while :ultfalcon::ultfalco: decide to save themselves only...oof (:ultkirby: did the same, but is gonna save them all so he gets an excuse)

To be honest, I liked the detail that when Palutena died, both Pits started falling out of the sky, as canonically Palutena is the one who gives them the power to fly. Neat!

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

I mean, I legitimately thought it was and wasn't shy about saying it to the point that I had to stop saying it or else the whole discussion would get derailed and I'd become a villain.

People didn't believe me, but seriously. They don't replace placeholder boxart with other placeholder boxart, especially a design that intricately made. Unless Nintendo-- who handles marketing materials and distribution, not Sakurai himself-- went Inception-style-deep in their effort to hide the roster, the box was legit. The only part I wasn't convinced on was that Incineroar was in fact the final newcomer.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
In an odd way. i thought box and grinch leaks where real it could've gone either way. I was leaning more towards Grinch though.

Either way, Honestly Box Theory being real wasn't a very big stretch.
What if the anti Box people were right and that was a placeholder art, but by sheer coincidence the placeholder art still gave it away.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
You do make a good point, which is why I wanna try and make of a move set when I get some free time to discuss the case for him getting in Ultimate.

Oh, and if anyone can help me with this, what happens when you pre-order the digital version? I'm away at work, but I'm able to order the game so do I just get a download code?
If you're pre-ordering the digital version, why not just pre-install it on the eShop and skip the download code?

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Hmm, but why not put him in the Wii U Smash Bors then when Capcom and Sega already had two representatives. Through their partnership with having Cloud in, you are correct it helped to open the door to bring their FF games to the Switch. However I do not believe Square will deviate from their business patterns. If they added Sora as an example. This could open the door to bringing the other Kingdom Hearts games that were not available on Nintendo consoles to the Nintendo Switch or a future console. I think Square will continue their previously laid business strategies that they have done with character crossovers. Which is they will help them cross promote and will open the door to future partnerships. Also were not sure how much permission Square has given to Sakurai in terms of Geno. In the end Square Enix has the final say to Geno getting in as a playable character, no matter how much Sakurai wants him in.
As I said, it was according to what you've said. You said they're stingy. Well, that's what a stingy company do. It doesn't get any stingier than that. What's better than a cross promote? a zero loss + gain promote.
You can argue a DQ rep but Sora is out of the deal. KH3 is never coming to Switch. Nothing to gain from Sora's appearance in Smash. Not to Square, not to Nintendo. A DQ rep is also unecessary, since DQ11 is already in the works for Switch.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
To be honest, I liked the detail that when Palutena died, both Pits started falling out of the sky, as canonically Palutena is the one who gives them the power to fly. Neat!
They probably could’ve survived if Viridi was able to give them flight (she might’ve become a Spirit) or the Lightning Chariot heard their master (and his clone) needing help...unless Phos and Lux became Spirits aswell
What? What happened??
Chrom is still apart of Robin’s final smash

Iridium

Smash Hero

Cursed image, or no? This thing will forever have feet here. It looks...hilariously off, but it makes sense with the joke theme.
Huh. Maybe it's based on this (these):

For feet, specifically. Otherwise, I haven't seen it anywhere else.

Penroze

The Surreal Deal
Switch FC
SW-7239-4479-0495

And :ultwiifittrainer: does yoga while :ultvillager: runs in circles.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Eh. She's...okay. Just boring, but...okay.
I think she's fun! Well, each man to himself. :p

I mean, I legitimately thought it was and wasn't shy about saying it to the point that I had to stop saying it or else the whole discussion would get derailed and I'd become a villain.

People didn't believe me, but seriously. They don't replace placeholder boxart with other placeholder boxart, especially a design that intricately made. Unless Nintendo-- who handles marketing materials and distribution, not Sakurai himself-- went Inception-style-deep in their effort to hide the roster, the box was legit. The only part I wasn't convinced on was that Incineroar was in fact the final newcomer.
That profile picture is freaking adorable

What if the anti Box people were right and that was a placeholder art, but by sheer coincidence the placeholder art still gave it away.
That would be interesting.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

The only part missing was showing :ultrobin: shouting, "Chrom! I have a plan! It's--" before getting wiped away.

Had she been able to share her plan in time, everyone would have been safe and having a party instead.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896

Isn't StreetFighter X Tekken an example of Heihachi having 2d move sets though? He was even in Playstation All Stars and worked fine. I think if Sakurai really put his mind to it, he could make a move set for him.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
What do you think is the point of Classic mode is now that trophies are gone?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Welp, all that talk about Square-Enix characters, the Possible VGA announcement, Vergeben saying that
"When it comes hearing multiple Square Enix character names, I don't think the reason is because there are actually more than one coming. That wouldn't be a bad idea considering the names that I have heard though."

Source
It hyped me way too much, and while the Grinch/Incineroar Drawing is on my drawing list, I couldn't resist and I had to do this- I decided to keep that Normura "crayon" style, while also keeping the Toriyama touch to do so! And hopefully it is not too bad lmao, I'm not confident in my drawing skill anyway...AHEM

Welcome to Sora and Erdrick! Hopefully one of them make it in SOON!
Crayon Part.png

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Would Nintendo want another Super Mario RPG though? They already have the Mario and Luigi RPG's that share many of the same characters and gameplay. I do not believe Nintendo would want competition to one of their most successful gaming properties.
That's what I've been trying to tell Geno fans. There's no gain from bringing Geno back except pure fan service. Nintendo don't like RPGs, it's what got them fighting with Square in the first place. So thent Paper then M&L RPG. They can't (and most probably don't want to) make a new RPG with Geno. It'll be an unworthy headache. look at how long it took'em to get his costume in.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Guess I better throw in my DLC Predictions
1. Sora
2. Steve (Minecraft)
3. Banjo-Kazooie
4. Geno
5. Crash Bandicoot

*If Verge is right, I guess Katalina replacing Geno
Welp, all that talk about Square-Enix characters, the Possible VGA announcement, Vergeben saying that
Source
It hyped me way too much, and while the Grinch/Incineroar Drawing is on my drawing list, I couldn't resist and I had to do this- I decided to keep that Normura "crayon" style, while also keeping the Toriyama touch to do so! And hopefully it is not too bad lmao, I'm not confident in my drawing skill anyway...AHEM

Welcome to Sora and Erdrick! Hopefully one of them make it in SOON!
View attachment 175096
Can you draw something for Agumon in Smash , very please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom